Vitargo VS Dextrose VS Maltodextrine VS Cyclic Dextrin - Intra wo/Post wo

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys, first of all, I start saying that I do LOVE carbs intra workout while bulking. With that being said, I always used ONLY Vitargo.

I am looking for your experiences with these different type of carbs and also to better understand the differences.

Please note that this talk is about whichever you like. Regardless the price.

Which one do you use?
Why?
When do you use it?
How much?
Do you mix them? If yes, which ones? Which Proportions?

Let's have some fun!

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I personally use dextrose. It's a nice cheap simple carb that does the job. I use it intra and post workout. Intra with bcaa and post with whey. Each is 2tbsp and about 70 calories and 18g of carbs per 2 tbsp serving. Brand is now sports comes in a 10lb tub and lasts a long time.

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
I personally use dextrose. It's a nice cheap simple carb that does the job. I use it intra and post workout. Intra with bcaa and post with whey. Each is 2tbsp and about 70 calories and 18g of carbs per 2 tbsp serving. Brand is now sports comes in a 10lb tub and lasts a long time.

Did you ever try any other form of carb or always been using only dextrose?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I myself like HBCD (Size On is currently one of my go-to's these days). I feel my digestion is the best on it, and I don't get that crazy blood sugar drop.

I have used almost every carb during my workout known to man. I hated Vitagro and Dextrose, I felt like it hit me too fast and I cramped up hard

I think the worst one in my book is Waxy Maize.

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I use 10 oz's of Gatorade G2 mixed with water and 8g's BCAAs intra and my post workout shake has a blend of different proteins and also about 11g each of Waxy Maize, HBCD, Maltodextrin, Dextrose.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever try any other form of carb or always been using only dextrose?
Always been dextrose for me. It seems to work pretty well I am thinking about getting another carb for my casein shale before bed, something a bit slower digesting

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
Always been dextrose for me. It seems to work pretty well I am thinking about getting another carb for my casein shale before bed, something a bit slower digesting
I use powdered oats for that ;)

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
I myself like HBCD (Size On is currently one of my go-to's these days). I feel my digestion is the best on it, and I don't get that crazy blood sugar drop.

I have used almost every carb during my workout known to man. I hated Vitagro and Dextrose, I felt like it hit me too fast and I cramped up hard

I think the worst one in my book is Waxy Maize.
Digestion problem with Waxy?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I only use Vitargo and Karbolyn. I find the latter to be about 80% of what Vitargo is, in the sense that it increases performance and helps get a much better pump on a gram per gram basis. I use 40-60g but I drink it before leaving for the gym that is 2 blocks away. My sessions are short and I hate bringing bottles to the gym. I always train at least 4 hours after a meal so I always have my carbs with some HydroMax powder and nothing else.

I have tried the others you mention and while they may or may not sit heavy in the stomach, for me, they do not increase performance like Vitargo or Karbolyn but simply help reduce the decrease in performance that comes if I run on completely empty stomach.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm loving ANS Carb-HP. I use the new unflavored version. It's got a solid profile and really helps me fuel my workout. I was using Nutrabio SuperCarb but Carb-HP has HBCD as well as other carb sources. I'm loving it so far.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
djbombsquad Supplements 57
eddieSt.james Supplements 58
Ninjo Supplements 5
mattys4 Nutrition / Health 9