Favorite whey protein without aspartame/any other fake sweeteners?

Chudmuffin

Awards
Title pretty much sums up my question. I've been using ON for a while now but I've been reading a lot of bad things about aspartame and I noticed ON contains aspartame. If you guys could just give me some recommendations for a more natural whey that would be awesome.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize elite is my favorite... I just looked at the label and it doesn't look like it contains aspartame.

I'm with you on this though... I just read about a link between aspartame and leukemia a couple days ago

http://realfarmacy.com/diet-leukemia/

adamsmatt08

adamsmatt08

Awards
ON has a whey protein called “Naturally Flavored Gold Standard 100% Whey” that is free of artificial flavors and sweeteners

Chudmuffin

Awards
ON has a whey protein called “Naturally Flavored Gold Standard 100% Whey” that is free of artificial flavors and sweeteners
Have you tried it? Just wondering how the taste compares.

adamsmatt08

adamsmatt08

Awards
Have you tried it? Just wondering how the taste compares.
It doesn’t taste as good as the ON Whey Protein with artificial sweeteners, which I suppose is to be expected; however, it still tastes pretty good. Mixing it with milk drastically improves the flavor and helps to thicken your protein shake.

Chudmuffin

Awards
It doesn’t taste as good as the ON Whey Protein with artificial sweeteners, which I suppose is to be expected; however, it still tastes pretty good. Mixing it with milk drastically improves the flavor and helps to thicken your protein shake.
I'm honestly not too worried about the flavor if it means I'm not getting cancer lol. With that being said I would still like to try to find the best tasting natural whey

jakobi55

Awards
Natural isopure is the best protein period, chocolate tastes pretty good and mixes so easy

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I hve been buying Muscle Feast protein for a couple years now for the exact reason you mention, no artificial sweeteners. I typically buy their 100% Whey and the chocolate taste pretty good. The Vanilla is just ok. The Premium Blend and WPI does not have quite as rich of a chocolate flavor as the 100% Whey.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like said about i would go with the ON natural powder. That would probably be your best option, especially if you like ON Gold Standard whey already.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Title pretty much sums up my question. I've been using ON for a while now but I've been reading a lot of bad things about aspartame and I noticed ON contains aspartame. If you guys could just give me some recommendations for a more natural whey that would be awesome.
Aspartame is highly studied. You are worrying about nothing. If your "sources" are blogs and articles written by the likes of Food Hag, Merkola, and Dr. Oz... you're doing it wrong.

jakobi55

Awards
Aspartame is highly studied. You are worrying about nothing. If your "sources" are blogs and articles written by the likes of Food Hag, Merkola, and Dr. Oz... you're doing it wrong.
Aspartame can increase chances of dementia as well as has ties to increase in cancer risks. Think about what it is.

Chudmuffin

Awards
Yea I'd rather not take the risk at all.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Dymatize elite is my favorite... I just looked at the label and it doesn't look like it contains aspartame.

I'm with you on this though... I just read about a link between aspartame and leukemia a couple days ago

http://realfarmacy.com/diet-leukemia/
What I hate about sites like these is that they seem to draw their own conclusions based on the research they cite.

The first study was over 22y, which you may think increases reliability, but it decreases it's reliability in identifying causal factors. Longitudinal studies and used as a basis for future research because of the lack of control between groups. what they have done is established that in groups that incidentally consumed more aspartame, had also increased incidence of certain cancers. But what if they were looking at meat intake? Total veggie intake? Water intake? Etc. Studies like these taken to heart is what caused, and still causes cholesterol to be demonized. Why? Because it ignores the larger picture. Issues like:

Those who drink more diet soda tend to be less healthy overall. They tend to exercise less and consume more food.

They tend to have poorer dietary habits. How many people who consume truckloads of veggies, and have balanced diets also consume more than one can of diet soda per day in comparison to those who eat fast food more frequently?

Etc etc.

In studies like these, you HAVE to be careful of the data you extrapolate, and you absolutely cannot state proof of something from one

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Aspartame can increase chances of dementia as well as has ties to increase in cancer risks. Think about what it is.
A lot of things have ties to those if you look hard enough. That doesn't make them true.

Of course it is cool if you wish to avoid things for whatever reason you like, but just be mindful of the info you spread that is inherently false.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Living in California increases my risk of disease. What's your point?

I'm guessing you have no clue how to interpret studies.

jakobi55

Awards
Living in California increases my risk of disease. What's your point?

I'm guessing you have no clue how to interpret studies.
That doesn't change the fact that aspartame still increases the risk. Go ahead keep using aspartame products.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That doesn't change the fact that aspartame still increases the risk. Go ahead keep using aspartame products.
Best of luck finding solid data to back up your claims. Again, you obviously have no scientific background and are clueless as to how to read scientific journals.

jakobi55

Awards
Best of luck finding solid data to back up your claims. Again, you obviously have no scientific background and are clueless as to how to read scientific journals.
Ok man.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Check out Nutra-Bio. Pretty Solid Whey ISO

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
RD (similar to TN) has naturally flavored, sweetened with Stevia options. 4 total ingredients. Can't be more specific due to board rules.

Chudmuffin

Awards
RD (similar to TN) has naturally flavored, sweetened with Stevia options. 4 total ingredients. Can't be more specific due to board rules.
Could you inbox me? 4 ingredients sounds like something worth looking into

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You're killin me smalls. No luck with google
Sorry - was specifically told no non-sponsors on the board *OR* by PM, by Admin. I follows the rules :D (that's how I'm still around, LOL).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OP, ever considered buying unflavoured?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've thought about it but I'm sure there are plenty of decent tasting natural proteins out there. That would be last resort
Ah yeah that's true. I buy unflavoured and add my own flavouring, so if you can't find anything you could give that a try

dpopovici

dpopovici

Awards
All Plant Protein from Nutrilite Flavorless powder , no sweetener