Pre Workout: Cycle Off time?

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, so I realized that I haven't properly cycled off pre workout for about 6 months now, maybe longer to be honest. I Went from BullNox, to 1.M.R, to Nitrafelx, then to Mesomorph. I honestly don't even feel the effects of mesomorph anymore which is think is insanely bad. Still feel the DMAA, but nothing else.

I want to do a proper detox, or cycle off period. Im not sure if theres something I can take to clear the stuff out of my blood and get my receptors working again. Any advice is appreciated, I'm sure some users on here have experience with this.

EDIT: To give a better idea to tolerance, I Took a scoop of nitraflex after two weeks of no pre workout, and mildly felt the beta alanine in the hands, caffeine hit much later for whatever reason. Thinking I'm messed up!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would start with a month, but it may honestly take longer. There used to be a product called reset, haven't seen in a long time so I would assume it's no longer made .

adamsmatt08

adamsmatt08

Awards
Personally, I’ll take a pre-workout for about eight weeks straight, or one training cycle, and then I’ll cycle off of it for about three or four weeks. During that time when I’m cycling off a pre-workout, I try to limit my caffeine intake to about 400 mg. After those three or four weeks, the pre-workout gets me going just like it’s my first time taking it. You’re not messed up at all, your body’s just built up a tolerance since you’ve been taking pre-workouts for an extended period of time. Hope this helps!

Stimguy

Awards
To help reduce your tolerance to caffeine try using rutaecarpine. Caffeine withdrawal sucks.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If DMAA doesn't hit you, do not go cold turkey. I would use a lower stim product for the first week and then decrease the amount of that product. For example, if you have a product that has 300mg of caffeine per serving, use that for a week and then use half that the next week and then even a half of the half. On the fourth week or so, start a stim break, I would opt for four total weeks.

Then I would just use stim products as needed. Not every training day. I train 6 days per week and only use stims 3 days per week. This is my only stim source as well. Every four weeks, I have a one week break and repeat. I would try to do the same.

How much caffeine/stims do you get from other sources, for example, coffee?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I've done a 2 week break and just finished a 3 week break - can't say if one or the other was "better", but I do them about twice a year. The first week always sucks, but I just do CAF pre-workout... *really* addicted guys may have it worse.

Rutaecarpine has good data for clearing it out of your system on the daily, but it doesn't seem to help with "re-sensitizing" the receptors - only time off can do that from what I've read. It *may* allow one to "stay on" CAF longer though? It's expensive though.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I appreciate the responses. So I really have to take possibly two months off. I can certainly say I have a high tolerance. Tried a full scoop of nitraflex for a cardio day and didn't feel a thing. Not good....I can faintly feel the tingly feelings, but very mildly. So I actually am getting my hands on some adrenal support as suggested by some posters.

Another poster above mentioned he's 3 weeks in gave it another shot but it mostly fell flat. This was my experience as well. This is long and drawn out off cycle but it's what I get for not being mindful and respecting the pre workouts...I will say, taking nitraflex everyday noticed a definite improve in libido. I loved it honestly lol.

As for the mesomorph, GREAT pre workout, the DMAA still hits, but thats it, the caffeine doesn't or any of the other stims. To be honest, I feel better on a cup of good coffee than any energy drink or pre workout has done for me lately, is it a different type of caffeine source in coffee? I never really looked into this....