How many of you use a GDA year around?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's the benefits and are you taking it just before big meals or set times?

I never tried one but interested in doing so, sometimes it "feels" like I don't absorb food as I should, if that makes sense.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I come pretty close to using Glycophase and/or Agmatine year round.

I notice less bloat, less crash off high carb meals and even moderate carb meals, and i do think it helps with body composition over long periods of time. I use on my largest meal of the day that's not peri-workout. I also will use if i know i'm going to have kinda a junk food meal.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I come pretty close to using Glycophase and/or Agmatine year round.

I notice less bloat, less crash off high carb meals and even moderate carb meals, and i do think it helps with body composition over long periods of time. I use on my largest meal of the day that's not peri-workout. I also will use if i know i'm going to have kinda a junk food meal.
Thanks for the reply!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Slintensity along with NaRALA and agmatine (and Defuse prior to huge meals, in general -- that's rare). NaRALA and agmatine have a slew of benefits, so I love taking them prior to carb meals or upon rising or before bed (depending on what I eat for the day, I don't go to excess on either item, so if it's a tame eating day, I'll take some pre-bed or whatever, but if I ingested enough in that 24 hour window, that's the goal).

But with Slintensity or Defuse, I only use as needed. I'm not afraid to eat carbs or cals without them lol. But I find it helps when it's a larger amount in one sitting.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the benefits and are you taking it just before big meals or set times?

I never tried one but interested in doing so, sometimes it "feels" like I don't absorb food as I should, if that makes sense.
I try to. Nothing has ever come close to Recompadrol and since it was discontinued it has been difficult to find anything that my body has similar effects with, although I have tried mixing and matching different products/things together.

Definitely notice not using one, albeit it's not so much about "absorbing" food for me as assisting in allowing me to "get away" with the vast quantities of carbs and food that I eat, often with several hundred grams of carbs and several thousand calories in a single meal. I also do not use solely pre-meals but first thing and often pre-bed too.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I use Slintensity along with NaRALA and agmatine (and Defuse prior to huge meals, in general -- that's rare). NaRALA and agmatine have a slew of benefits, so I love taking them prior to carb meals or upon rising or before bed (depending on what I eat for the day, I don't go to excess on either item, so if it's a tame eating day, I'll take some pre-bed or whatever, but if I ingested enough in that 24 hour window, that's the goal).

But with Slintensity or Defuse, I only use as needed. I'm not afraid to eat carbs or cals without them lol. But I find it helps when it's a larger amount in one sitting.
One cap of Slintensity is plenty for me daily, it's been a very potent GDA for me in the past.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Depending on the formula I wouldn't use the same one year round. Follow the label directions.

Some solo ingredients like ALA and agmatine are fine but many complete formulas also incorporate carb blocking by disabling enzymes; this should not be done for too long a period

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I try to. Nothing has ever come close to Recompadrol and since it was discontinued it has been difficult to find anything that my body has similar effects with, although I have tried mixing and matching different products/things together.

Definitely notice not using one, albeit it's not so much about "absorbing" food for me as assisting in allowing me to "get away" with the vast quantities of carbs and food that I eat, often with several hundred grams of carbs and several thousand calories in a single meal. I also do not use solely pre-meals but first thing and often pre-bed too.
I sometimes look bloated in the evening even after eating clean the whole day, Performax have bogo deal on their SlinMax, I might try that, thanks for your help!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depending on the formula I wouldn't use the same one year round. Follow the label directions.

Some solo ingredients like ALA and agmatine are fine but many complete formulas also incorporate carb blocking by disabling enzymes; this should not be done for too long a period
This.

Don't forget, our bodies can get used to ingredients and they become less effective over time.

I do like to cycle SlinMax for 12-16 weeks at a time, but I carb cycle so when I do use it, I am not using it every day. If you're only going to use a GDA for a large meal a few times a week, you can run it longer IMO. However, if you're going to use it daily during a cut, recomp or bulk, I would not go longer than 12 weeks without a break.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Predator by Chaos and Pain. If not better then the OG Recomp pyrobatt
The second I started logging the product within 2-3 days I was losing weight and getting leaner. The stuff is potent and I have tried a ton of GDA's in my time

Glycophase (SNS)
Anabolic Pump (USP)
Glycobol (AI Sports)
Transport (Myokem)
Pump Dirt (innovapharm)
Slinmax (Performax)
Glycodrive (Blue Star)

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
-most of these products arnt going to improve you absorbing food, if anything majority of them have carb blocking effects.
-you feeling bloated, likely has more to do with a gut health issue and or food intolerance, which you'd get much more value from analyzing than anything itt imo.

just my 2 cents.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I always have a GDA or nutrient partitioner on hand, but I don't use them daily. While dieting, I like to incorporate them with refeed meals, but since I consume most of my carbs post workout on a cut there isn't much need for me to use a GDA while dieting.

Depending on meal size and timing, I almost always use a GDA during a lean bulk. It might not be an every day use, but on higher carb days or days or heavy training days with a larger preworkout meal I find a GDA to be very beneficial. I would also find a product that has a dose that can be broken up, for example Slinmax allows you to use 1 cap for smaller meals ( >50g carbs) and 2 caps for larger meals (50+ carbs). Having the ability to customize the dose to what you're eating is very helpful, and extends the length of the product.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Cinnamon - "I put that shjt on everything!" (yes, stealing from a Hot Sauce ad).

Berberine, Chromium, Banaba Leaf, Gymnema Sylvestre - all cheap and can be taken every day IMO.

Pre/Type II Diabetics take Metformin with every meal.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I follow a modified carb back loading diet.

Low/no carbs all day, and then high GI carbs post workout at night.

On non workout days(3-4 days a week) I follow the same protocol but use a GDA before my backload meal.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
The old slin sane is still the greatest of all time IMO ( for nostalgia sakes ). Thanks to dsade for that product because Pslin and anabolic pump made me **** my brains out when there wasn't many other options for a GDA.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cinnamon - "I put that shjt on everything!" (yes, stealing from a Hot Sauce ad).

Berberine, Chromium, Banaba Leaf, Gymnema Sylvestre - all cheap and can be taken every day IMO.

Pre/Type II Diabetics take Metformin with every meal.
On Berberine...... I see some posters saying keep it away from your WO, is this true? Also roughly how many carbs will 500mg handle at once? Thanks

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
On Berberine...... I see some posters saying keep it away from your WO, is this true? Also roughly how many carbs will 500mg handle at once? Thanks
No idea on either man, like I said, I don't really go all out on looking at GDAs. I know I hear a lot of guru prep coaches and pros on podcasts say not to worry about the possible MPS interaction. I'd also look into seeing how it compares MOA wise to Metformin - those same guys ^ use a ton of that stuff at all times. If it matters at all, you still probably wouldn't notice a difference - but I'm guessing.