Im on 40mg of lasix every day, can i still use creatine for overall gains?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Im on 40mg of lasix every day, can i still use creatine for overall gains?

(Lasix is for chf)

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Just looking for an educated answer. I would guess studying medicine in canada has a blind eye towards sport supplements. Everytime i ask a doctor regarding any sport supplements, my answer is it does nothing. Even 600mg of coq10 for my heart apparently does nothing according to a few doctors.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I ask because we don't even know why you're taking it, what condition you have, and even if we did, no one here is likely to be able to give you a safe answer about how your particular situation and meds will interact with creatine. Sorry.

You should ask your doctor if he is OK with you taking creatine, even if he mistakenly believes it does nothing (which does not say that much positive about him as it's well established that creatine is effective).

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
My doctor in canada says creatine does nothing. Period.
Can't you ask your doctor if it's okay to take, even though it (apparently) doesn't do anything? Taking advice from some random AM-user about your specific case would be irresponsible IMO.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
I understand your reply but i did mention why im taking the lasix.

I just got off the phone with someone, he advised to take a hcl version of creatine

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Can't you ask your doctor if it's okay to take, even though it (apparently) doesn't do anything? Taking advice from some random AM-user about your specific case would be irresponsible IMO.
I just mention i did ask a doctor and his reply is it does nothing. Period.

Who says im going to follow a random AM-user?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My doctor in canada says creatine does nothing. Period.
The plethora of unbiased studies would like to have a word with your "doctor."

Now, i'm not a doctor obviously however i have a good amount of knowledge with biochem and physio. Lasix being a diuretic poses a problem here as creatine usage necessitates proper hydration. I'd say no, for two reasons: one being that i don't see it to be that safe, two being that creatine doesn't provide amazing gains to warrant the risk. Creatine can help get some extra reps out but otherwise it's not adding muscle directly.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
The plethora of unbiased studies would like to have a word with your "doctor."
Basically i was just trying to say that here in Canada doctors only know/advise according to what they were thought in Medicine/University.

I guess a chemist would have more knowlege towards sport supplements?

Now i'm not a doctor obviously however i have a good amount of knowledge with biochem and physio. Lasix being a diuretic poses a problem here as creatine usage necessitates proper hydration. I'd say no, for two reasons: one being that i don't see it to be that safe, two being that creatine doesn't provide amazing gains to warrant the risk. Creatine can help get some extra reps out but otherwise it's not adding muscle directly.
Thank you. Its pointless, as proper hydration is needed. Plus minimal gains, not worth the risk.