Suggestions to boost strength and weight

Dnide

Awards
Ive been reading around this platform for awhile now looking for some help and have come to the conclusion I don't want to take a PH since I don't want to mess with SERMS. Been lifting religiously for 8 years and have pretty much plateaued weight and strength wise. I eat plenty and lift hard enough so don't need any comments telling me to do that. I'm looking for some suggestions for supps that will help give me a little boost to get some more gains in the gym and on the scale. Any suggestions/example stacks would be greatly appreciated. I'm 26 years old, 6' 4" 250 pounds around 15 percent body fat.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine, Betaine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, Phosphatidic Acid is where I'd start.

The best creatine product on the market that I have seen is:

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arachidonic acid has been thoroughly researched in increasing strength. Opt for SNS X GELS. Used by many respected members on this forum.

Dnide

Awards
I read the help guide posted by jiigzz on arachidonic acid. Have you used it? Did you notice any lasting results? Did you stack it with anything else.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I read the help guide posted by jiigzz on arachidonic acid. Have you used it? Did you notice any lasting results? Did you stack it with anything else.
I've used ARA with Alcar and did fairy well. Increases in strength and size. Just expect the increase in soreness.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I noticed both increased strength and mass from X-Gels. I love it. The only for me is the limited runs because of elbow and knee issues. Creatine is tried and true. SNS Creatine is high quality and affordable. COP is another nice supplement for strength as well. If your training and nutrition are on point, these could put you over.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS has creatine in powder and capsule form, which is very convenient. Also very cost effective. Count on SNS for bulk ingredients at proper doses and affordable prices!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive been reading around this platform for awhile now looking for some help and have come to the conclusion I don't want to take a PH since I don't want to mess with SERMS.
What's up with you and SERMS?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Y'all need to listen to Vaughn and try Phosphagen...stuff is legit

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been reading around this platform for awhile now looking for some help and have come to the conclusion I don't want to take a PH since I don't want to mess with SERMS. Been lifting religiously for 8 years and have pretty much plateaued weight and strength wise. I eat plenty and lift hard enough so don't need any comments telling me to do that. I'm looking for some suggestions for supps that will help give me a little boost to get some more gains in the gym and on the scale. Any suggestions/example stacks would be greatly appreciated. I'm 26 years old, 6' 4" 250 pounds around 15 percent body fat.
Creatine and Anabeta elite will aid great naturally to both strength and weight. I know personally I usually pack on a good 3-5 lbs just from using creatine and ABE has me mowing down food when I would usually be full while allowing me to maintain minimal body fat.

If you plan on adding anything else Xgels mesh well with ABE and is a crowd favorite stacked.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Orig1n is definitely worth looking at. Increases appetite, aids digestion and nutrient uptake, and should therefore assist with hypertrophy.

Also, the Tr1umph + X-Gels + Anabeta Elite stack is a good one. X-Gels is ArA, one of the more popular natty supps (and for good reason). Tr1umph contains soy lecithin to act as an emulsifier for the ArA, as well as LCLT to prevent conversion of ArA into unfavorable metabolites (thromboxanes). ABE has lodhra bark, which also prevents conversion of ArA into unfavorable metabolites (leukotrienes). Plus Tr1umph and ABE are great supps in their own right.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you said you don't want comments on diet and everything, but that is where everybody should start at when evaluating/changing goals. You can gain weight off of diet alone. Supplements can/will help, but diet is first and foremost. That being said, here are some of my favorite supplements for mass/strength.

Creatine - you can either get this in bulk for cheap or find a product that contains creatine in it as well as other goodies like aminos...etc

Get yourself a good pre workout. This may not help that much, but for me, it's hard to train without a pre workout. I love getting a rush of energy and the pumps that come from ingredients contained in certain pre workouts. HyperMax XT is one of those. It's a strong stim so you may not even need a full scoop (which saves you money in the long run. The tub will last longer). Along with caffeine, HyperMax XT also contains glycerol and Agmatine which are great for pumps. Combine a product like this with ArA, and your workouts are going to be killer. Speaking of ArA...

X gels (ArA) is the one of the first things I would look at. Very popular and for good reason. Gives you a great pump throughout the day and the bottle will last you a while since you only dose on training days.

As far as natural anabolics go, all of us have our own preferences. You basically need to try a few and find out for yourself which ones you like best. The options listed by other users in this thread are solid. Anabeta Elite, AlphaMax XT and MassMax XT are 3 of my favorites. ABE and AlphaMax XT both contain forskolin so thats a plus. Forskolin is great for aiding in keeping unwanted fat off while bulking or aiding in fat loss while cutting. MassMax XT is totally different. While you can cut/recomp with it (diet dependent) it is mainly used for bulking. There are many logs on it right now. Some are sponsored. Some unsponsored.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282772-naturally-growing-performax.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282698-performax-labs-natural.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282692-performax-beta-anabolic.html

Those are just a few. If you want/ need more, just let me know :)

MassMax XT is developed for weight gain/mass. Users have also experienced strength gains.

As with all of these natural anabolics, it's best to run them for 8 weeks paired with proper diet and training for best results. If you have any questions just let me know!

Good luck.

deanX

Awards
SNS has creatine in powder and capsule form, which is very convenient. Also very cost effective. Count on SNS for bulk ingredients at proper doses and affordable prices!
SNS seems a good product to start with.

snrub

Awards
Olyumpas labs ep1c, olyumpus labs str3ngth, OR DAA. or all three. I took ep1c to to give me a kick start when I took a break from lifting...Strength went through the roof. I'm currently taking DPOL, EP1C AND STR3NGTH. All OL products I have are transdermal.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I doubt you plateaued. Most people don't even reach a true plateau. What they lack is desire and commitment. What if I told you. There is a potential to gain weight and strength based on three exercises and 3 days a week in the gym. The proper amount of nutrition and rep scheme, there is no way you reached a plateau. People tell me this all the time until I show them why. Three exercises, three days a week and in 12 weeks I can put more muscle and strength on anyone using these three basic exercises. If you trained these three for a whole year and the way I explain, you would add mass and strength easily. This is coming from someone who is 6'5, 365 where as I was 6'5" 190 in college. I'll let that sink in for a minute. No it's not all fat, in fact I'm very close to seeing my abs even at my present size and height. I'm currently running MassMaxXT for cutting purposes. It's possible to add strength in ways you wouldn't believe. Even adding in calisthenics would add strength, coupled with the big three equates to mass monster.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know you said you don't want comments on diet and everything, but that is where everybody should start at when evaluating/changing goals. You can gain weight off of diet alone. Supplements can/will help, but diet is first and foremost. That being said, here are some of my favorite supplements for mass/strength.

Creatine - you can either get this in bulk for cheap or find a product that contains creatine in it as well as other goodies like aminos...etc

Get yourself a good pre workout. This may not help that much, but for me, it's hard to train without a pre workout. I love getting a rush of energy and the pumps that come from ingredients contained in certain pre workouts. HyperMax XT is one of those. It's a strong stim so you may not even need a full scoop (which saves you money in the long run. The tub will last longer). Along with caffeine, HyperMax XT also contains glycerol and Agmatine which are great for pumps. Combine a product like this with ArA, and your workouts are going to be killer. Speaking of ArA...

X gels (ArA) is the one of the first things I would look at. Very popular and for good reason. Gives you a great pump throughout the day and the bottle will last you a while since you only dose on training days.

As far as natural anabolics go, all of us have our own preferences. You basically need to try a few and find out for yourself which ones you like best. The options listed by other users in this thread are solid. Anabeta Elite, AlphaMax XT and MassMax XT are 3 of my favorites. ABE and AlphaMax XT both contain forskolin so thats a plus. Forskolin is great for aiding in keeping unwanted fat off while bulking or aiding in fat loss while cutting. MassMax XT is totally different. While you can cut/recomp with it (diet dependent) it is mainly used for bulking. There are many logs on it right now. Some are sponsored. Some unsponsored.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282772-naturally-growing-performax.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282698-performax-labs-natural.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282692-performax-beta-anabolic.html

Those are just a few. If you want/ need more, just let me know :)

MassMax XT is developed for weight gain/mass. Users have also experienced strength gains.

As with all of these natural anabolics, it's best to run them for 8 weeks paired with proper diet and training for best results. If you have any questions just let me know!

Good luck.
How many caps of X Gels did you take on training days.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Arachidonic acid has been thoroughly researched in increasing strength. Opt for SNS X GELS. Used by many respected members on this forum.
You can't go wrong with x gels. If you haven't tried it I'd definitely give it a shot and see how you like it. It's worth picking up a bottle.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Olyumpas labs ep1c, olyumpus labs str3ngth, OR DAA. or all three. I took ep1c to to give me a kick start when I took a break from lifting...Strength went through the roof. I'm currently taking DPOL, EP1C AND STR3NGTH. All OL products I have are transdermal.
DAA is pretty much useless

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Trust me on this: Anabeta Elite for weight, X-Gels for strength. Enjoy the gainzzz

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Creatine has definitely helped me and the times I have used Formutech Nutrition Test RX, I noticed some strength gains.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAA is pretty much useless
I would say this is very debatable but varies so much on the situation. To a natty supplement user with no history of test issues I would agree. Someone who cycles or has a history of low test I could see it being very beneficial. Definitely understand what you mean though.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trust me on this: Anabeta Elite for weight, X-Gels for strength. Enjoy the gainzzz
One of the most simple yet effective stacks on the market. Run for 8 weeks and you will be impressed.

I even enjoy running those two stacked with AlphaMax XT. Libido, strength, great sleep, pumps are amazing, body comp improvement due to the forskolin. Killer trio.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say this is very debatable but varies so much on the situation. To a natty supplement user with no history of test issues I would agree. Someone who cycles or has a history of low test I could see it being very beneficial. Definitely understand what you mean though.
You're 100% right. I should have given more context. People with healthy test levels may benefit from DAA, but those that have a healthy range, probably will not.

Twenty-four males, with a minimum of two years' experience in resistance training, (age, 24.5 ± 3.2 y; training experience, 3.4 ± 1.4 y; height, 178.5 ± 6.5 cm; weight, 84.7 ± 7.2 kg; bench press 1-RM, 105.3 ± 15.2 kg) were randomised into one of three groups: 6 g.d(-1) plain flour (D0); 3 g.d(-1) of d-aspartic acid (D3); and 6 g.d(-1) of d-aspartic acid (D6). Participants performed a two-week washout period, training four days per week. This continued through the experimental period (14 days), with participants consuming the supplement in the morning. Serum was analysed for levels of testosterone, estradiol, sex hormone binding globulin, albumin and free testosterone was determined by calculation.

D-aspartic acid supplementation revealed no main effect for group in: estradiol; sex-hormone-binding-globulin; and albumin. Total testosterone was significantly reduced in D6 (P = 0.03). Analysis of free testosterone showed that D6 was significantly reduced as compared to D0 (P = 0.005), but not significantly different to D3. Analysis did not reveal any significant differences between D3 and D0. No significant correlation between initial total testosterone levels and responsiveness to d-aspartic acid was observed (r = 0.10, P = 0.70).

The present study demonstrated that a daily dose of six grams of d-aspartic acid decreased levels of total testosterone and free testosterone (D6), without any concurrent change in other hormones measured. Three grams of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on either testosterone markers. It is currently unknown what effect this reduction in testosterone will have on strength and hypertrophy gains.
Three and six grams supplementation of d-aspartic acid in resistance trained men. - PubMed - NCBI

Resistance-trained men resistance trained 4 times/wk for 28 days while orally ingesting either 3 g of placebo or 3 g of D-ASP. Data were analyzed with 2 × 2 analysis of variance (P < .05).

The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.
D-aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum ho... - PubMed - NCBI
The first study I referenced regarding DAA was published recently (2015), and used subjects with at least 2 years experience resistance training, and the study also had subjects train 4-days a week. If you look at the full text (which I put a link to below), you'll see that both 3g and 6g DAA REDUCED free testosterone relative to no DAA (although the decrease was only significant in the 6g group):

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even products as simple as creatine and betaine anhydrous can help with weight gain and strength (as long as calories and training is in check, of course)

Check out Controlled Labs Green Magnitude. Contains both ingredients. You can grab a sample in the Controlled Labs section on the forum.