Glucose Disposal Agents (GDA)

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

  1. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    why can't we ask "why" when someone states something as fact. There should be an explanation behind blanket statements and instead of entering into a discussion that benefits the community, grown men get all sensitive and turtle up....

    And its a great topic because paradoxically, the More muscle agenda and consumption of large amounts of calories sometimes used with anabolics speeds the aging process..

    So when big pappi says its bad, its not, its just bad for his goals in his mind and not everyone...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712072/


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Back in the day Shawn Wells was working on a pump product for AX that was based on a huge dose of Norvaline(gram+), beta-tested it and seemed to work well but never made it to light.
    super expensive and probablynot any better than arginine....so why really...

    plus all animal data dosed via intraperitoneal cavity as opposed to oral
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    Okay, again, you are all over the place.

    I was asking questions that you really don't have any answers. You didn't answer the definition of chronic and some people use metformin for AMPKs potential for longevity.

    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...68163711000778

    You still haven't answered why its bad and saying it's self explanatory is a straw man approach. You can dig all you want about motives but you can't sensibly answer the question.
    lol this must be what i sound like to all the women i've ever dated- nit picking at minutiae during a debate/argument/whatever

    you can define chronic however you'd like, the fact is that these medications aren't doing anything for the guy that wants to build muscle; we aren't talking about the guy trying to add hours to his life. i'm not sure what you educational background is, but it's not difficult to extrapolate why these drugs aren't great for bodybuilders given ampk's role in metabolism- a quick google search would give you all the answers you seek in minutes

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    lol this must be what i sound like to all the women i've ever dated- nit picking at minutiae during a debate/argument/whatever

    you can define chronic however you'd like, the fact is that these medications aren't doing anything for the guy that wants to build muscle; we aren't talking about the guy trying to add hours to his life. i'm not sure what you educational background is, but it's not difficult to extrapolate why these drugs aren't great for bodybuilders given ampk's role in metabolism- a quick google search would give you all the answers you seek in minutes
    doesn't it get broader than google. Maybe, I'll pray on it.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    doesn't it get broader than google. Maybe, I'll pray on it.
    if suggest you stock up on metformin and eat a low protein/leucine diet for the hours at the tail end of life gains
    •   
       


  6. I love ALA and r-ALA as supplements but they cause me massive heartburn which I can't "stomach" and that's why I prefer Cinnamon and Bitter Melon.

    All three are great for you but the ALA stomach effects don't seem to agree with me, I take it on occasion but not constantly
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise plan. Prohormones sold by Hi-Tech are not active and not anabolic steroids.
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...prohormones-2/

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EricMarchewitz View Post
    I love ALA and r-ALA as supplements but they cause me massive heartburn which I can't "stomach" and that's why I prefer Cinnamon and Bitter Melon.

    All three are great for you but the ALA stomach effects don't seem to agree with me, I take it on occasion but not constantly
    I have started grinding cinnamon and putting in my oatmeal at about 1/2 tsp per cup of cooked oats. Do you think that is under / overdosed? And do take it straight up before carbs or always with food?

  8. For people who have tried various gdas and have used a product like Olympus labs assassinate which do you prefer

  9. i thought i pretty clearly stated that these drugs serve no purpose in a bodybuilder's supplement stack- this is, after all, a bodybuilding website.

    if you're a non-diabetic using these meds for life extension purposes, just know that this runs counter to your physique goals.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    i thought i pretty clearly stated that these drugs serve no purpose in a bodybuilder's supplement stack- this is, after all, a bodybuilding website.

    if you're a non-diabetic using these meds for life extension purposes, just know that this runs counter to your physique goals.
    Im genuiely curious, not being disengenuous....

    But, if there are any benefits to these GDA type products for normal healthy people, might any negatives be ultimately outweighed by all the other positive bodybuilding stuff we do?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Im genuiely curious, not being disengenuous....

    But, if there are any benefits to these GDA type products for normal healthy people, might any negatives be ultimately outweighed by all the other positive bodybuilding stuff we do?

    some of the herbs in these products are actually "carb blockers" and not insulin sensitizers (or whatever supp companies call them) so they can be of use pre-feast and help ease a guilty conscience so there's that.

    ultimately, if your goal is to build muscle then what's the point? i'm sure there are a million other things you'd rather spend that $30/month on

  12. I'd like to get more carb blockers even the sucrose blocker to try!
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise plan. Prohormones sold by Hi-Tech are not active and not anabolic steroids.
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...prohormones-2/

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    if suggest you stock up on metformin and eat a low protein/leucine diet for the hours at the tail end of life gains
    stop being a dummy, purposely.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    stop being a dummy, purposely.
    just messing around, man. i agree with you in that the bodybuilding lifestyle isn't necessarily the healthiest- at least in terms of optimizing longevity. however, aesthetics > everything, no?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    just messing around, man. i agree with you in that the bodybuilding lifestyle isn't necessarily the healthiest- at least in terms of optimizing longevity. however, aesthetics > everything, no?
    So you mean I can't be freakishly jack3d and live a long time too?
    OLYMPUS LABS
    My posts outside of OL threads are my opinion, don't take them as offensive!
    [email protected]

  16. As long as you construct your diet according to the USDA food pyramid guide, you should be fine and live til at least 94.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    As long as you construct your diet according to the USDA food pyramid guide, you should be fine and live til at least 94.
    Possible but I'd say under 1% might follow it now.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bosskardo View Post
    Possible but I'd say under 1% might follow it now.
    Yes, but of that 1%, at least 100% are nonagenarians.

  19. My all time favorite and go to has been slin sane for GDA. Been so long since I ordered it not even sure if it's still out on the market. Stuff did amazing things.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    As long as you construct your diet according to the USDA food pyramid guide, you should be fine and live til at least 94.
    Haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  21. http://www.ergo-log.com/nigella-sati...ubstitute.html

    what are peoples thoughts on nigella sativa/black cumin? anyone play around with a blood sugar monitor with this stuff?

  22. So how does this benefit the Type 2 Diabetics in anyway?

    I for the longest time thought it would, but can anyone do like an ELI5 on the effectiveness of a GDA for a type 2 diabetic?

    Yes, I understand we should consult our doctors, but I am looking for an ELI5 version that helps me understand.
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  23. Glucose Disposal Agents (GDA)


    Quote Originally Posted by squirtguns89 View Post
    http://www.ergo-log.com/nigella-sati...ubstitute.html

    what are peoples thoughts on nigella sativa/black cumin? anyone play around with a blood sugar monitor with this stuff?
    I'm gonna hard pass on some black cumin.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by squirtguns89 View Post
    http://www.ergo-log.com/nigella-sati...ubstitute.html

    what are peoples thoughts on nigella sativa/black cumin? anyone play around with a blood sugar monitor with this stuff?
    I use black cumin oil pretty much daily for the variety of health benefits it has, but not for anything explicitly insulin related.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  25. Gynemna Sylvestre
    Cinnamon bark
    Banaba leaf

    ordered today.. but are gonna use it for my bulk starting october.. used gynemna as a single ingredient in the past and I think it worked well!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Glucose Disposal Agents vs. Insulin Memtics
    By RawStrength in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 11:56 PM
  2. Glucose disposal agents
    By umbasante in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
  3. Glucose Disposal Agents
    By clr18287 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
  4. More effective glucose disposal agent on CKD
    By pitching101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Log in
Log in