Recomp to cutting advice?

Superior Zer0

Awards
Hey everyone,

Kind of a new guy to most of these supplements but I'm seeing alot of different advice and supplements recommended for the same goals (Fat loss), which is the reasoning behind this thread.

At the minute I'm going through a body recomp to recapture some muscle that was lost because of sickness, injury and motivation dropping. I'm sitting around 158lbs and I'm running erase pro +, alphamine and anabeta elite to aid my goals. But I only plan this recomp until April and then I want to strip down for a holiday in July and become as lean as possible.

Which brings me to these questions: has anyone played around with these products? Is erase pro + enough for fat loss or is there something better to speed the results along? (I'm in the UK so supplements here are a bit harder to come by than USA)

At the minute I'm doing a +10%/-10% recomp which works out at 1900 on off days and 2600 on work out days. I'm siting around 5'8 and do 3 full body Workouts a week.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forums. What are your current stats (height, age, etc.)?

Erase Pro + is a solid product for fat loss, but keep in mind that nutrition will dictate 85-90% of your fat loss success. Also, be sure you read the label on EP+ and be sure to cycle off if necessary. If I remember correctly, EP+ should be cycled off after 8 weeks of continuous use.

For fat loss supplements, there are tons of great options out there. I would recommend a GDA or nutrient partitioning product to help with your diet. Using a product like Slinmax would be a great addition to your stack, and it can help with water retention, bloating, and digestion with higher carb meals.

Adding in a stimulant based fat loss product would also be beneficial to help increase energy and speed fat loss. I'm not a fan of the super high-stim fat loss products, and I prefer a product that delivers clean energy and gives me a boost all day. Something Oxymax XT would be a great thermogenic product to look into. It also contains forskolin, which can be very beneficial for body recomposition. I will double check, but I believe both products are available in the UK

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
John.patterson has covered a lot of it. All of the products mentioned above are great options. I'd take his advice and run with it... I've also used norcodrene and shift together and I really like that stack as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everyone,

Kind of a new guy to most of these supplements but I'm seeing alot of different advice and supplements recommended for the same goals (Fat loss), which is the reasoning behind this thread.

At the minute I'm going through a body recomp to recapture some muscle that was lost because of sickness, injury and motivation dropping. I'm sitting around 158lbs and I'm running erase pro +, alphamine and anabeta elite to aid my goals. But I only plan this recomp until April and then I want to strip down for a holiday in July and become as lean as possible.

Which brings me to these questions: has anyone played around with these products? Is erase pro + enough for fat loss or is there something better to speed the results along? (I'm in the UK so supplements here are a bit harder to come by than USA)

At the minute I'm doing a +10%/-10% recomp which works out at 1900 on off days and 2600 on work out days. I'm siting around 5'8 and do 3 full body Workouts a week.

John Patterson nailed it! Diet is the deciding factor in regards to results for recomping. As with any goal for that matter. Are you able to add in another training day? What's your training routine like right now for those 3 days? Recomping is very hard to do. You must be very disciplined when doing this. Why? Because it's a very slow process as well as a very hard process. Which is why most people either cut or bulk. Gaining muscle and losing fat takes serious dedication.

The stack that you are on is great! One of the all-time best natty stacks IMO. All 3 are good for fat loss as long as your diet and training are on point. Like John said, have you thought about using a stim fat burner? A lot of good options out there. John mentioned OxyMax XT. Great product. Really like the addition of forskolin with it. There are many different types of products out there that can aid in fat loss. Everybody responds differently to each product as well. For me, I cut very easily. So with a solid diet and the addition of HIIT for cardio, I can usually get to my goals for body fat %. I like to take AlphaMax XT + Anabeta Elite. when I cut or recomp. It really helps me with my physique. I would not recommend this to start out with if you have not taken both products before. Each contain forskolin. Some people are more sensitive to the potential GI side effects from forskolin.

Please let us know your training routine so we can critique it if needed to help you obtain your goal(s).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Isn't Ephedrine OTC (Chest-eze if not as a solo ingredient/supp) in the UK? Add 3Tbs of Instant Coffee (or CAF tabs, but Coffee has a ton of other healthful goodies in it). Eat as far under maintenance that doesn't drive you crazy - do more activity. Good call on starting now for July - slow and steady wins the race.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everyone,

You can use products or not use products with a recomp - whether or not it is successful is going to come down more to nutrition timing with and around training IMO, and that is not a "cookie cutter" thing, but comes from experimenting and figuring out what works best for you (and if your current regimen works, then keep going with it until it doesn't, or tweaking it here and there each week to see different progress, etc.). Bear in mind that if you nutrition and training are optimal for you, then supplementation is an "added bonus" - focus on those two factors first before adding in anything. If you're going to add anything, first thing I note is that you do not mention age or experience - that would be #1 before anything else re recommendations.

That aside, to answer your questions: Many have used or stacked those products together and yes, they are enough, although there are different stacks and products that could work or do better. Bear in mind that everyone is different and what is going to work best for one may not for another.

Superior Zer0

Awards
Welcome to the forums. What are your current stats (height, age, etc.)?

Erase Pro + is a solid product for fat loss, but keep in mind that nutrition will dictate 85-90% of your fat loss success. Also, be sure you read the label on EP+ and be sure to cycle off if necessary. If I remember correctly, EP+ should be cycled off after 8 weeks of continuous use.

For fat loss supplements, there are tons of great options out there. I would recommend a GDA or nutrient partitioning product to help with your diet. Using a product like Slinmax would be a great addition to your stack, and it can help with water retention, bloating, and digestion with higher carb meals.

Adding in a stimulant based fat loss product would also be beneficial to help increase energy and speed fat loss. I'm not a fan of the super high-stim fat loss products, and I prefer a product that delivers clean energy and gives me a boost all day. Something Oxymax XT would be a great thermogenic product to look into. It also contains forskolin, which can be very beneficial for body recomposition. I will double check, but I believe both products are available in the UK
Thanks everyone for the replies! :)

John I am 158lbs, 5ft 8.5 and 27. I can only workout 3 times a week due to working 2 jobs but I hit full body on those days hard! Every muscle group gets hit with time under tension sets aiming for 45-50 seconds per set to maximise growth.

I have cut and bulked the last 3 years but have never managed to shift a pouch of "stubborn" fat that I've had since I was 18 and that's why I'm looking to the supplement side of things as I use intermittent fasting on my off days and sometimes on workout days. I could possibly seek to add quick cardio days of HIIT if you guys would recommend that to what I'm already doing?

In terms of Oxymax xt and slinmax would you recommend to add that to my stack or replace the stack with those products?

Current workouts:

Monday:
Squats: 154lbs x3 sets
Deadlift: 176lbs x3 sets
Bench: 44lbs dumbells x3 sets
Bent over row: 110lbs x3 sets
Shoulder press: 27.5lbs x2 sets
Biceps: 22lbs x2 sets
Close grip bench: 75lbs x2 sets

Wednesday:
Front squat: 88lbs x3 sets
RDL: 110lbs x3 sets
Barbell bench: 110lbs x3 sets
One arm row: 38lbs x3 sets
Lateral raises: 11lbs x2 sets
Concentration curls: 27.5 x2 sets
Bench dips: bodyweight x2 sets

Friday:
Bulgarian split squats: 38lbs x3 sets
SLDL: 22lbs x3 sets
Press ups: 22lb vest x3 sets
Lateral pull down: 110lbs x3 sets
Reverse flye: 12lbs x2 sets
Barbell curl: barbell x2 sets
Triceps pushdown: 66lb x2 sets

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

John I am 158lbs, 5ft 8.5 and 27. I can only workout 3 times a week due to working 2 jobs but I hit full body on those days hard! Every muscle group gets hit with time under tension sets aiming for 45-50 seconds per set to maximise growth.

I have cut and bulked the last 3 years but have never managed to shift a pouch of "stubborn" fat that I've had since I was 18 and that's why I'm looking to the supplement side of things as I use intermittent fasting on my off days and sometimes on workout days. I could possibly seek to add quick cardio days of HIIT if you guys would recommend that to what I'm already doing?

In terms of Oxymax xt and slinmax would you recommend to add that to my stack or replace the stack with those products?
Workouts look solid. Adding in an extra day of cardio/HIIT would be a good idea. And you could add Slinmax into your current stack. But if you wanted to give Oxymax XT a try, I would wait until you're finished with EP+. It would probably be okay to add it in, but it would be best to run both products solo to determine which you like better.

Slinmax is a great supplement to add to almost any stack. It can really help with eliminating bloating after higher carb meals, and it always improves my pump and vascularity.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Current workouts:

Monday:
Squats: 154lbs x3 sets
Deadlift: 176lbs x3 sets
Bench: 44lbs dumbells x3 sets
Bent over row: 110lbs x3 sets
Shoulder press: 27.5lbs x2 sets
Biceps: 22lbs x2 sets
Close grip bench: 75lbs x2 sets

Wednesday:
Front squat: 88lbs x3 sets
RDL: 110lbs x3 sets
Barbell bench: 110lbs x3 sets
One arm row: 38lbs x3 sets
Lateral raises: 11lbs x2 sets
Concentration curls: 27.5 x2 sets
Bench dips: bodyweight x2 sets

Friday:
Bulgarian split squats: 38lbs x3 sets
SLDL: 22lbs x3 sets
Press ups: 22lb vest x3 sets
Lateral pull down: 110lbs x3 sets
Reverse flye: 12lbs x2 sets
Barbell curl: barbell x2 sets
Triceps pushdown: 66lb x2 sets
I would add some form of cardio into your workout days or have a separate day for cardio. But before I do that, I would look to diet first. Many people claim to have great/good/decent diet but wonder why they aren't losing fat. If you are serious about losing fat in a stubborn area you need to really dive into what exactly you are eating.

like John said, SlinMax can be used for nearly any goal and added to many different products/stacks. Tf supplements has a bogo sale on it right now so it would be a great time to snag a bottle or two. The sale is buy one get the second at 50% off.

https://www.tfsupplements.com/store/product/6380/slinmax.html

Superior Zer0

Awards
I would add some form of cardio into your workout days or have a separate day for cardio. But before I do that, I would look to diet first. Many people claim to have great/good/decent diet but wonder why they aren't losing fat. If you are serious about losing fat in a stubborn area you need to really dive into what exactly you are eating.

like John said, SlinMax can be used for nearly any goal and added to many different products/stacks.
At the minute I'm using a 40P/30C/30F macro split but if I'm going for slinmax I may up the carb and lower the fat. If I'm honest I would be close to following IIFYM just for the flexible dieting to keep me sane but I always stick to my caloric limit for each day and my first goal is hit the protein then I tend to relax on my carb and fat sources which can lead to unhealthy snacking on training days.

I'm going to be taking a break from Anabeta elite and EP+ in April because i'll of been on them for 8 weeks then, is it safe to then run Oxymax XT for that month?Because the EP+ would of been blocking cortisol and estrogen for 2 months and I don't want to completely destroy my estrogen levels.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the minute I'm using a 40P/30C/30F macro split but if I'm going for slinmax I may up the carb and lower the fat. If I'm honest I would be close to following IIFYM just for the flexible dieting to keep me sane but I always stick to my caloric limit for each day and my first goal is hit the protein then I tend to relax on my carb and fat sources which can lead to unhealthy snacking on training days.

I'm going to be taking a break from Anabeta elite and EP+ in April because i'll of been on them for 8 weeks then, is it safe to then run Oxymax XT for that month?Because the EP+ would of been blocking cortisol and estrogen for 2 months and I don't want to completely destroy my estrogen levels.
I've done that before. 12 weeks is great for the continued use of Forskolin. I wouldn't go more than a month though. So after your OxyMax XT run, I suggest taking a nice break and stick to the staples.

Superior Zer0

Awards
I've done that before. 12 weeks is great for the continued use of Forskolin. I wouldn't go more than a month though. So after your OxyMax XT run, I suggest taking a nice break and stick to the staples.
Sounds great, I'm excited for the next few months. I'll try to get a picture up later so you guys can see where I am and what's possible for the next 4 months.

Would it be wise to take Elevate with Alphamine for focus and energy for workouts and everyday work? As I think my body is adjusting to the Alphamine. It takes 2 scoops now for me to get the same energy and focus and that's with a ginseng and gingko biloba tablet in the morning. And the 2nd scoop is making me really feel the thermogenic effects and dehydration is massive with the 2nd scoop.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great, I'm excited for the next few months. I'll try to get a picture up later so you guys can see where I am and what's possible for the next 4 months.

Would it be wise to take Elevate with Alphamine for focus and energy for workouts and everyday work? As I think my body is adjusting to the Alphamine. It takes 2 scoops now for me to get the same energy and focus and that's with a ginseng and gingko biloba tablet in the morning. And the 2nd scoop is making me really feel the thermogenic effects and dehydration is massive with the 2nd scoop.
Your receptors can get used to caffeine and other stims. Once that happens, it takes a larger dose of caffeine to feel the same effect from it. What is the profile of Elevate? Is it another stim product? One thing you could do is add nootropics to Alphamine (Alpha GPC, Choline, Hup A, NALT, etc.) to cut down on the caffeine intake to help reset your receptors, but those nootropics will help with focus during your training.

Superior Zer0

Awards
Your receptors can get used to caffeine and other stims. Once that happens, it takes a larger dose of caffeine to feel the same effect from it. What is the profile of Elevate? Is it another stim product? One thing you could do is add nootropics to Alphamine (Alpha GPC, Choline, Hup A, NALT, etc.) to cut down on the caffeine intake to help reset your receptors, but those nootropics will help with focus during your training.
Thanks for the reply, Elevate is a Nootropic, so it would be perfectly in line with what you are saying there, which is great news for me and a great piece of info for me to keep in mind for prolonged alphamine use.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply, Elevate is a Nootropic, so it would be perfectly in line with what you are saying there, which is great news for me and a great piece of info for me to keep in mind for prolonged alphamine use.
I would still suggest taking some time off Alphamine and any other pre workout/fat burner from time to time. You'd be surprised what a break can do. I was one of those that always thought I needed something high stim to get me going for a workout. Now, I can easily use 100 mg of caffeine alone and feel great.