What happens to your body while your lipids are in bad shape?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Answers
    0

    What happens to your body while your lipids are in bad shape?


    Since I plan on taking Superdrol one day soon - what typically happens to/in your body when your HDL is near the single digits are your LDL is way up?

  2. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Well, When you have too much LDL cholesterol circulating in the blood, it can slowly build up in the inner walls of your arteries and can form plaque, a thick, hard deposit that can clog those arteries which is known as Atherosclerosis. It puts you at high risk of heart disease, stroke and eventual heart attack. That is why you hear of bodybuilders and wrestlers dying of heart attacks, thier calorie rich diet combined with the massive AAS intake kills thier Lipid profiles and eventually causes a fatal heart attack down the road. That is what happened to Don Youngblood the recent bodybuilder who passed away.
  3. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Answers
    0


    Thank you. Well, I don't expect anyone here to have a definite answer to this, but.. About how long would it take to do permanent damage (plaque formation) to your arteries? And once the plaque is there, it's there for good. Correct?
    •   
       

  4. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    Thank you. Well, I don't expect anyone here to have a definite answer to this, but.. About how long would it take to do permanent damage (plaque formation) to your arteries? And once the plaque is there, it's there for good. Correct?
    Well, good question. It just depends on your dispisition to such things and also your family's history of heart disease and heart attacks. Short term use, there shouldnt be a permanent risk or damage to your arteries. But prolonged use will definatly get you years down the road. If you do develop clogged arteries, it is not neccessarily a permanent thing, if you change your diet, discontinue the steroid use and get your lipid profiles in check and with daily cardio and exercise, majority of it will go away and not pose a health risk, on the more extreme end a triple bypass heart operation is required to cut out the severly clogged arteries. Also prolonged AAS use causes your heart to expand much larger than normal size since it is a muscle, eventually the heart will collapse upon itself due to the deteriation of the walls.
  5. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Answers
    0


    Okay. So this is one of the reasons bloodword prior to AAS usage is important. To figure out how bad-off you already are - or how well-off you are. If my lipids aren't too hot naturally, I'll probably forget about the SD I have planned and opt for something else..

    Thank you for sharing your brain!
  6. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    Okay. So this is one of the reasons bloodword prior to AAS usage is important. To figure out how bad-off you already are - or how well-off you are. If my lipids aren't too hot naturally, I'll probably forget about the SD I have planned and opt for something else..

    Thank you for sharing your brain!
    That would be a great idea if your worried, since I have been reading how the SD does mess with your lipid profile. There are other options as well. ALRI has the Max LMG which seems to have great results from users and no reports of cholestrol issues
  7. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Answers
    0


    I have Max LMG as well but I hear so much about SD that I almost "need" to try it. I wonder how effective it'll be compared to my ole Deca runs I did years ago. I never stacked it with anything - I just ran it alone..
  8. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,686
    Answers
    0


    I'd say to increase Omegas (flax, evening primrose, fish oils) and look up a product called Policosanol..
  9. Board Supporter
    meathead1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    799
    Answers
    0


    Anti oxidants are your friend...

    LDL isnt actually bad until it is oxidised by free radicals. Its oxidised LDL that causes atherosclerosis. Provided you take plenty of anti-O's you should be ok. Other essentials are lots of cardio, Fish oils(maybe sesathin) and Red yeast rice.

    I dont think having bad cholesterol in the short term is too harmful, just get it back to normal in a few months and you shouldnt have any major health problems down the line.
  10. Registered User
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by meathead1987
    LDL isnt actually bad until it is oxidised by free radicals. Its oxidised LDL that causes atherosclerosis. Provided you take plenty of anti-O's you should be ok.
    Thanks! I didn't realize this.
  11. Registered User
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,283
    Answers
    0


    What's the best kind of anti-oxidant that helps with lipids, and all the other crap?? lol..Is taking just NAC ED good enough??
  12. Registered User
    Jay Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    228
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by meathead1987
    Anti oxidants are your friend...

    LDL isnt actually bad until it is oxidised by free radicals. Its oxidised LDL that causes atherosclerosis. Provided you take plenty of anti-O's you should be ok. Other essentials are lots of cardio, Fish oils(maybe sesathin) and Red yeast rice.

    I dont think having bad cholesterol in the short term is too harmful, just get it back to normal in a few months and you shouldnt have any major health problems down the line.
    I don't believe thats 100% accurate. If you have high LDL it can accumlate in lysosomes and phagocytes and cause plaques (calcium deposit scars). Most research shows damage like this is cummulative over a life time. It causes scars on endothelial walls that never go away and therefore even one use can be bad business. Antioxidants help but it would be unreasonable to think that you could completely control the increased oxidative damage you'd see in scenarios like these.

    J
  13. Board Supporter
    meathead1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    799
    Answers
    0


    I agree. No antioxidant is going to clear up ALL the free radicals you have. Thats asking too much. I think I remember reading we produce 10000per day PER CELL in our bodies. That may be completely wrong though, cant remember where I read it.
  14. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    769
    Answers
    0


    That's a ****load of free radicals...
  15. Board Supporter
    meathead1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    799
    Answers
    0


    "It is estimated that our DNA receives about 10,000 "hits" from free radicals per cell per day (Ames, 1993). "

    Looks like I was wrong about the "per cell" bit.
  16. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    769
    Answers
    0


    Still a ****load...
  17. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0


    That is why you hear of bodybuilders and wrestlers dying of heart attacks, thier calorie rich diet combined with the massive AAS intake kills thier Lipid profiles and eventually causes a fatal heart attack down the road. That is what happened to Don Youngblood the recent bodybuilder who passed away.
    Is this due to lack of concern for their health(lipid profile) or continuous cycling with little or no pct. I have heard of and actually know many people that continuous cycle. Example, friend at my gym did a 16 week anadrol cycle ramping up to a 200 mg dose with no pct just a 2 week break, no milk thistle or other liver protection nothing. Complete ******* that has gotten warnings from me and numerous others. Anyways are these the kind of people that have these prob. Or are these bb's and wrestler's post cycling and still dying young?
  18. Registered User
    knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    290
    Answers
    0


    16 weeks of drol?!? that is insane. I was on drol for 6 weeks and i felt like i was playing with fire.
  19. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0


    Like I said complete dumbass. Damn retard can't figure out why he goes from 215 down to 181. Dumbass. Sad and ironic thing is the dude is a damn paramedic. It worries me as I have been pretty good friends with him since high school but you can only do so much. Trust me though I am not letting up on trying to help him as I don't want to see him get hurt. He told me over the weekend he would pick up milk thistle. Hey its a start.
  20. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0


    But back to the topic, do these guys that die so young just completely ignore health altogether and think they're invincible such as my one friend?
  21. Board Supporter
    meathead1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    799
    Answers
    0


    Some do yes.
  22. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    But back to the topic, do these guys that die so young just completely ignore health altogether and think they're invincible such as my one friend?
    Well, alot of them are not educated in matters of PCT and liver care, etc.... They just hear about the steroids and think that its like popping aspirins or something. They dont know what PCT is or what the side effects are of prolonged use. They just get on it and keep going like there is nothing wrong. Then BAM, they drop dead from a massive coronary after there heart is as big as my head.
  23. Gold Member
    BigP0ppa3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    270
    Answers
    0


    I really doubt Olympia level bodybuilders and pro wrestlers are not educated in the risks and necessary PCT involved with heavy steroid use.

    BP
  24. Registered User
    Jay Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    228
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BigP0ppa3
    I really doubt Olympia level bodybuilders and pro wrestlers are not educated in the risks and necessary PCT involved with heavy steroid use.

    BP
    By the same token, PCT is just meant to help bring hormone production back to normal as soon as possible. It can't undo the damage to the vascular system. Androgens pose a great risk in this regard, anyone that takes them and does not believe this is no better than the people of the 70s snorting coke thinking it had no ill effect.
  25. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0


    You are right for the most part Jay but IMO PCT is not just to restore test levels, this is also the time in which your body tries, with the aid of a proper diet on your part, to restore cholesterol levels to normal and your liver tries correct to the damages done.
    I just have a hard time beleiving that with proper PCT, diet and training(this includes cardio) and by following time on equals time off and then some, that you will drop like a fly at the age of 40. But I do think it will be interesting to see what happens to ronnie and jay and the rest of those monsters in the future as they are the most extreme in this sport.
  26. Registered User
    jhferry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    155
    Answers
    0


    Reading threads like this make me wish I never bought SD. Im 33 and scared **** to take it now. The bottomline is I wish someone knew the true negative effects of these compounds because it seems like a guessing game.
  27. Registered User
    PIOTREK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    112
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jhferry
    Reading threads like this make me wish I never bought SD. Im 33 and scared **** to take it now. The bottomline is I wish someone knew the true negative effects of these compounds because it seems like a guessing game.
    I think all of us have this in the back or our minds. Seems as though most of us agree that the "good" outweighs the "bad".
  28. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BigP0ppa3
    I really doubt Olympia level bodybuilders and pro wrestlers are not educated in the risks and necessary PCT involved with heavy steroid use.

    BP
    You are a 100% correct, the Olympic athletes and pro's have a clear understanding of proper PCT. But some of them just choose to abuse it or outright ignore it and continue cycle after cycle for years until there bodies are destroyed
  29. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Answers
    0


    Hulk Hogans still alive and i think hes done a ton of juice
  30. Registered User
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,579
    Answers
    0


    Some people get on big doses of the juice and their blood work looks completely normal (except for the t/e numbers ). It's all genetic, you can treat a lot of the issues with very careful and judicious use of other drugs, but it's a pain in the ass and does really require an intelligent and informed doctor to keep a good eye on you.
  31. Registered User
    Malek256's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0


    Well, as someone who's avoided the PH and AAS route, I can tell you it was one helluva big surprise to find my cholesterol profile had suddenly tanked to ****sville. Like a 6:1 bad:good ratio!

    If I'd have assumed everything had stayed the same as my previous blood work from 3 years ago, I could have been in even worse trouble if I had not tried the "natural" method.

    What I'm trying to say here is that your lipid profiles are not something to take for granted. Don't assume that because you've been "fine until now" that you will not have issues spontaneously and that PH's or AAS are going to be handled "just fine" by a body that's quietly crapping out with its cholesterol management.

    I'm guessing that some of these young guys who drop encounter the scenario I've reached -- a sudden shift in your body's composition which changes all the rules.

    They run a cycle (whether the first time or a repeat) "knowing" they have plenty of "safety room" -- and yet they have NONE because of a change. And it's a fatal mistake.
  32. Registered User
    Jay Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    228
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    You are right for the most part Jay but IMO PCT is not just to restore test levels, this is also the time in which your body tries, with the aid of a proper diet on your part, to restore cholesterol levels to normal and your liver tries correct to the damages done.
    I just have a hard time beleiving that with proper PCT, diet and training(this includes cardio) and by following time on equals time off and then some, that you will drop like a fly at the age of 40. But I do think it will be interesting to see what happens to ronnie and jay and the rest of those monsters in the future as they are the most extreme in this sport.
    First, I agree PCT should be a time of 'getting back to normal' as far as liver health and lipid profile; however, what you must realize is that the damage done to the vascular system while the lipid profile is hosed is permanent, and while the liver is said to 'regenerate' its not a true regeneration. The tissue architecture is altered and while function may essentially be normal the sensitivity to future injury will still exist. Its like when you cut your skin--there's no longer a hole in your skin, but there is a scar and the integrity of the skin is weakened to about 80% of normal forever.

    Furthermore, w/regards to pro's they likely are closely monitored by doctors and take drugs the like of which most people can't imagine. The real danger of steroid use is likely carried by the non-pros, the guys just doing a couple cycles, who don't have the resources or the knowledge to do things psuedo-safely--and I'm talking far beyond nolva, liver pro, and flax! Its my opinion that AAS are not for everyone and the risks far outweigh the benefits for most individuals.
  33. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    I checked my Blood pressure a few days ago at Walmart, got 108/64, second try 108/58 third try 108/54.
  34. Registered User
    Malek256's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0


    FYI -- I have 110/75. And horrid cholesterol. I'm classified as "immediate risk".

    Bad BP can tell you if something's wrong but unfortunately good BP isn't a marker that things are ok with regards to lipids.
  35. Registered User
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,283
    Answers
    0


    jaymc, I can see what you're trying to say and all, and that's fine. But I know for a fact that you don't do aas and that you talk **** on people that do all the time. The same goes for everybody else that's on AE's private board. IMO you're just preaching to the choir here and for the simple reason that you choose not to do AAS for whatever reason, you try to shun away all other guys that your just jealous of. theres a difference between using responsibly and abusing. Let's quit with trying to scare the members here w/ your so-called knowledge base. Because that's what it boils down to...

    Safety in this game is most important, but some of the things you say are wrong and somewhat dillusional. I have 5 doctors in my family and they all know I use hormones. Some of the stuff you say is just hogwash...and they agree.

    On top of that, how would you know how our bodies react and recover when you've never used AAS!!
  36. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Malek256
    FYI -- I have 110/75. And horrid cholesterol. I'm classified as "immediate risk".

    Bad BP can tell you if something's wrong but unfortunately good BP isn't a marker that things are ok with regards to lipids.
    Thanks for the tip, Ill have to go to a doctor and have him check me out for a physical and see whats up.
  37. Registered User
    metroGnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0


    When do you guys check your blood pressure? I have done it first thing in the morning and got 112/62. It that what you would classify as bp, or do you check it sometime during the day?
  38. Board Supporter
    max-rot98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    738
    Answers
    0


    Thanx for bringin that to light lifted. Bump to the blood pressure/time question.
  39. Registered User
    Malek256's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0


    Metro, you might find this link's content of use: http://familydoctor.org/128.xml So long as you've been still for about 5 minutes (and aren't nervous -- seriously it ups BP) you can get a check done at any time of day. I know it's obvious, but if you're a coffee drinker it will affect your result.

    Methyl, a check on lipids can't hurt -- in my case I kind of bullied my doctor into running the test. That might have (literally) saved my life. That's a damn scary thing. I never had any issues with cholesterol when I was younger and my vitals all are otherwise great.

    In my case though it looks like there's a genetic component as my mother died suddenly last year due to a heart attack as a direct result of undiagnosed clogged arteries. And so I got it checked...it's hard to believe it changed so drastically and FAST.
  40. Member
    Methyl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    191
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Malek256
    Metro, you might find this link's content of use: http://familydoctor.org/128.xml So long as you've been still for about 5 minutes (and aren't nervous -- seriously it ups BP) you can get a check done at any time of day. I know it's obvious, but if you're a coffee drinker it will affect your result.

    Methyl, a check on lipids can't hurt -- in my case I kind of bullied my doctor into running the test. That might have (literally) saved my life. That's a damn scary thing. I never had any issues with cholesterol when I was younger and my vitals all are otherwise great.

    In my case though it looks like there's a genetic component as my mother died suddenly last year due to a heart attack as a direct result of undiagnosed clogged arteries. And so I got it checked...it's hard to believe it changed so drastically and FAST.
    Yeah, high cholesterol and high blood pressure is not good, its known as the silent killer, no warning of impending death. Sorry to hear about your mother, my condolensces.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 11:10 AM
  2. So what happens to the body after Erase Pro?
    By EC99SS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
  4. What happens to your body while your lipids are in bad shape?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:31 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in