NOTICE You are viewing a global thread. Be aware you may no longer be in the forum category you were browsing.

The case for DMAA - thoughts?

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by dougefresh93 View Post
    the temporary immigration ban.
    Oh, duh. I was thinking supplement related. I'm an idiot lol
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I am really hoping Hi-Tech wins this, not only for DMAA, but so synephrine HCl can be saved along with higher than 8% synephrine extracts.
    They're claiming it's not safe but no expert testimony to establish its unsafe. Those are some big cajones the FDA is rocking.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com
    •   

3. Agreed! Hi-Tech NEEDS to win this. Not just for their sake (and their products) but for our sake as consumers. So much has been taken away from us over the last 10 years it would be nice to actually win one.

-Spaz
    Gaspari Nutrition Board Representatives Manager
    Head Gaspari Nutrition Representative
    TEAM GASPARI ***MAKING GASPARI GREAT AGAIN!***

4. Not a user of DMAA whatsoever but if Hi Tech wins this it will be a huge victory for the supplement industry as a whole.

5. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    no definitive answers yet, the court has yet to approve/decide for the summary judgement, but I am feeling far more positive about the future of DMAA than I was before I got to see this info!
    Agree with the bolded...thought this was heading down the tubes but feel alot better about this case now.
    •   

6. Isn't the issue here that DMAA as found in supplements is synthetic as opposed to how it is found in nature?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Supercellular View Post
    Isn't the issue here that DMAA as found in supplements is synthetic as opposed to how it is found in nature?
    I dont follow this argument. I mean, is there a non trivial difference in compound chemical structure synthetic vs "natural"? If not, if for all intents and purposes the compound itself is identical, why is this a major point of contention for the fda?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Supercellular View Post
    Isn't the issue here that DMAA as found in supplements is synthetic as opposed to how it is found in nature?
    I think part of the issue is that some people didn't think it existed in nature (geranium) at all. We have synthetic caffeine for example, but we know it's found in nature/plants/etc.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    I dont follow this argument. I mean, is there a non trivial difference in compound chemical structure synthetic vs "natural"? If not, if for all intents and purposes the compound itself is identical, why is this a major point of contention for the fda?
    There was a non-published study floating around which essentially stated that the DMAA found in supplements =/= what they extracted from geranium. Make of that what you will

10. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I think part of the issue is that some people didn't think it existed in nature (geranium) at all. We have synthetic caffeine for example, but we know it's found in nature/plants/etc.
    Aye. If the source of natural coffee was to go extinct, which if media hype is to be believed is possible, would synthetic coffee be illegal?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Aye. If the source of natural coffee was to go extinct, which if media hype is to be believed is possible, would synthetic coffee be illegal?
    That wouldn't really make sense, as caffeine has been sold as a supplement for a long time, and has been present in the food supply, at high doses, for a LONG time.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    That wouldn't really make sense, as caffeine has been sold as a supplement for a long time, and has been present in the food supply, at high doses, for a LONG time.
    Sure. At present, the "X is synthetic and not extracted therefore X is illegal" argument makes no sense to me. The statement appears so crude it must be a misrepresentation lol...but Ive read it here on multiple occasion.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Sure. At present, the "X is synthetic and not extracted therefore X is illegal" argument makes no sense to me. The statement appears so crude it must be a misrepresentation lol...but Ive read it here on multiple occasion.
    I've more often heard it as "x ingredient isn't found in nature, therefore it isn't legal."
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    this is correct. the pills had 288mg of DMAA each, and people took 2.
    and no one died.....

15. C/O PricePlow

Name:  16730314_10155059439914137_8640681194259710696_n.png
Views: 293
Size:  77.3 KB
    VEIN NUTRITION - PREMIUM BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
    CLICK ME > VEIN NUTRITION
    IG: @VeinNutrition

16. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    C/O PricePlow

Name:  16730314_10155059439914137_8640681194259710696_n.png
Views: 293
Size:  77.3 KB

Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I think dmaa is being singled out because of it's connection to PA...he went thru this crap with the ingredient in 6oxo!!! the fda seems to have a hard on for Patrick, or at least that is how it appears to me.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

18. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    They definitely aren't consistent in how they apply the law (fda) but I read that if found in nature it would be in a liquid state not the powdered DMAA used in preworkouts.

You gotta think that with BSL having been raised and suddenly removing DMAA from their products that hi tech will be getting the mother of all beatdowns at some point, I would guess though they won't do anything before the case due in court in case it's argued that the government acted in a way that prejudiced the case.

You would think that even if they lost the government could just decide to schedule DMAA as a controlled drug since being found in nature doesn't mean you can sell opium or cocaine.

19. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    I think dmaa is being singled out because of it's connection to PA...he went thru this crap with the ingredient in 6oxo!!! the fda seems to have a hard on for Patrick, or at least that is how it appears to me.
    Look at the post justhere4 posted. Either whoever is asking the questions is completely ignorant on the subject and laws, or they're intentionally asking nonsensical/irrelevant questions. It's almost (or exactly) like they don't know what an extract is.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Look at the post justhere4 posted. Either whoever is asking the questions is completely ignorant on the subject and laws, or they're intentionally asking nonsensical/irrelevant questions. It's almost (or exactly) like they don't know what an extract is.
    like I said, I think it all comes back to the PA connection....
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
  21. The case for DMAA - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    like I said, I think it all comes back to the PA connection....
    I don't know about that, at least not saying it ALL comes down to PA. The few "incidents" probably played a big role in it showing up on the radar, and the subsequent crusade against it; look at the media attention and publicity centered around caffeine powder after one or two kids died from it, and now you don't really see anyone selling it anymore. It's just that, with the caffeine powder, it wasn't a big seller at all, so no one pushed it further, and just stopped selling it.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

22. The USADA found DMAA in geranium oil. It is 100% present in nature beyond any reasonable doubt
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

23. Its not going to be around much longer, FDA will be going hard and heavy over next 2 months, I believe they have sent out about 50 warning letters last week
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    The USADA found DMAA in geranium oil. It is 100% present in nature beyond any reasonable doubt
    Is there anything to the argument "but you have to use the natural extract and not some synthetic facsimile!!1!"?

25. Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Its not going to be around much longer, FDA will be going hard and heavy over next 2 months, I believe they have sent out about 50 warning letters last week
    of course they are going at it hard and they are going to put on a show- why? they are being taken to court.

also, whatever they send out or whatever they take has no barring or shouldnt (sorry this is the gov were talking about) be part of the case. if they find some form of dmaa that xyc - for example- is using, thats on them. this is about using a supp that has been proven to be found in natural products.

at the end of the day, hold on, wtf is Trump? this is a perfect example of tax money being wasted. do we get a refund on this
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
  2. The Case for Pound-for-Pound Numero Uno!
    By Mulletsoldier in forum MMA
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 10:41 AM
  4. Why a casein/whey protein combo is the best for growth
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 12:19 AM