Supplement that improves sleep efficiency

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything that boosts sleep efficiency where you sleep say 6 hours but it feels more like 8? Powerful used to help with this

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Out Cold by Iforce works, it won't knock you out BUT it will help you be more rested

Another one that I LOVE is formutech nutrition REM 8.0 potent stuff BUT works. I wake up refreshed and ready willing and able to destroy the world after taking it (can become addicting if one is not careful, recommend that everyone cycles off of it after a tubs usage)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there anything that boosts sleep efficiency where you sleep say 6 hours but it feels more like 8? Powerful used to help with this
For a few basic standalone ingredients, you could look into glycine and L-ornithine HCL, which both have research in this area or something similar.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Besides those I haven't had good experiences. Melatonin alone didn't do anything and euphoria from blackstone didn't work well

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Olympus Labs Or1gin. It honestly made me feel as refreshed as if I had slept 1 hour more. It is a muscle builder, so one more reason to take it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sedation by Vein Nutrition.
I use it and it works great.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
You could try KSM-66. Some users, like myself, sleep very well with it. Others don't feel the effects.

It's hard to shortcut sleep. Most sleep products will help you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper, but if your body needs more than 6 hours of sleep it would be best to allot enough time to sleep the optimal amount. I always find that I'm drowsy the morning after using a sleep aid product if I don't give myself enough time to sleep.

compan

compan

Awards
^ I like KSM-66 as well.

I notice a better quality of sleep on humanfort. I'll double dose humanabol and notice a better quality of sleep. Price wise though, it's not cost effective. Not sure everyone feels the same affect either.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have issues falling asleep? It almost sounds like your problem is with sleep quality and not getting to sleep.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
If it's that bad you could always use trazedone. It's an antibiotic and is powerful but should be a last resort

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you tried straight ZMA. It is very under rated.

KSM-66 as mentioned above is a good addition to ZMA.

For once in a while sleep when you really need help - Revivarant G from APS is awesome.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A product I really like is Muscle Elements Amino PM. A client gave it to me as a xmas gift and it worked surprisingly well. Had me feeling good even after 5 hours of sleep.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already mentioned them, but I think glycine and l-ornithine HCL are worth looking into here, and have research showing they can improve sleep quality, not just help you get to sleep faster, which may not be the issue here:

the results of these three aforementioned human trials indicate that glycine improves sleep quality in a subjective and objective manner and has no serious adverse effects
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jphs/118/2/118_11R04FM/_pdf

L-ornithine supplementation has the potential to relieve stress and improve sleep quality related to fatigue, both objectively and subjectively.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4055948/

As other peole mentioned, KSM-66 (ashwagandha) is also something that could help as well, and is a very useful and versatile adaptoen.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Both sleep has been a huge problem in my life I struggle to fall asleep yet feel normal on roughly 10 hours it's been a struggle, considering getting a sleep study

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
KSM-66 is great as mentioned above. I used to love Dream N Grow and it made me feel like I slept for 10 hours when I only slept 5. It was good stuff.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried straight ZMA. It is very under rated.

KSM-66 as mentioned above is a good addition to ZMA.

For once in a while sleep when you really need help - Revivarant G from APS is awesome.
I haven't used it in quite some time now, but I remember sleeping great while using it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
*antidepressant
Trazadone is heavy duty. I tried it and every time I took it I was out cold for 14-16 hours. 50 mg.

I have been fooling around with Exongenous Ketone supps and found that I fall asleep way faster when I take them before bed.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to restate: Sedation will having you feeling relaxed in 10 minutes and ready to sleep. I love it, and my wife tried it for the first time last evening and thought it felt better than her usual sleep aid. She only had to take 1/4 scoop. I don't think you will find anything for the price / dose that beats this product.

As far as having something feel like 8 when it was only 6, that's more subjective than objectively provable. You physically need sleep, but not necessarily the same amount as one another. 8 is some kind of benchmark, but in reality we need quality sleep. I don't think most of us have a true 8 hours because we restart our sleep cycle by waking up and don't realize it, then go back to sleep.

Some things you can do to help you get to sleep are behavioral and environment based. Your behavior prior to sleep helps you obtain sleep quicker, and your environment ensures you stay asleep. This is coming from someone who once stayed up for 2 weeks and 6 days straight (unofficial world record for sleep deprivation). Trust me when I say, I know sleep, and sleepless.

PS: I took my Sedation last night, slept 5.5 hours and am up having my coffee and posting on AM at 2:00a. I feel great and am getting ready for my day. Don't just take my word for it.

blokpost Regarding Sedation

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
KSM-66 is great as mentioned above. I used to love Dream N Grow and it made me feel like I slept for 10 hours when I only slept 5. It was good stuff.
What do you mean with "used to love", how come you don't love it anymore?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the best compounds I noticed a huge difference in recovery was ALCAR!

I'm not joking, 1-2G before bed and even off 3-5 hours sleep my mind was way more refreshed! I read about it in studies I think and it def worked!

I've tried most these sleep products, and sure they put you into a deeper/longer sleep but I've never woken up more refreshed, esp on a shorter sleep cycle!

ALCAR, cheap and effective and add it to any product.

:)

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
Ketoinduce has done wonders for my sleep.

Also Fulvic Acid.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I will say that I started taking INTIMIDATE SRT by Iforce (it is marketed as a Test Booster/Sleep aid) and I will say one pill knocked me the f out

I have taken it in the past and it is a great product, so this would be a good product for someone looking for a nice like test boost and a sleep aid in one

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will say that I started taking INTIMIDATE SRT by Iforce (it is marketed as a Test Booster/Sleep aid) and I will say one pill knocked me the f out

I have taken it in the past and it is a great product, so this would be a good product for someone looking for a nice like test boost and a sleep aid in one
NMDA is great for increasing REM, which allows you to feel more rested when you wake up.

Somatomax which has Phenibut in it is always an amazing option for quick and really deep sleep

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
NMDA is great for increasing REM, which allows you to feel more rested when you wake up.

Somatomax which has Phenibut in it is always an amazing option for quick and really deep sleep
I agree, the Somatomax is fantastic.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Revivarant G by APS Nutrition is very powerful. Using half of a scoop does it for me

blokpost

blokpost

Awards
  • Established
I have to restate: Sedation will having you feeling relaxed in 10 minutes and ready to sleep. I love it, and my wife tried it for the first time last evening and thought it felt better than her usual sleep aid. She only had to take 1/4 scoop. I don't think you will find anything for the price / dose that beats this product.

As far as having something feel like 8 when it was only 6, that's more subjective than objectively provable. You physically need sleep, but not necessarily the same amount as one another. 8 is some kind of benchmark, but in reality we need quality sleep. I don't think most of us have a true 8 hours because we restart our sleep cycle by waking up and don't realize it, then go back to sleep.

Some things you can do to help you get to sleep are behavioral and environment based. Your behavior prior to sleep helps you obtain sleep quicker, and your environment ensures you stay asleep. This is coming from someone who once stayed up for 2 weeks and 6 days straight (unofficial world record for sleep deprivation). Trust me when I say, I know sleep, and sleepless.

PS: I took my Sedation last night, slept 5.5 hours and am up having my coffee and posting on AM at 2:00a. I feel great and am getting ready for my day. Don't just take my word for it.

blokpost Regarding Sedation
It's the best and strongest sleep aid supp I've tried.
I had a chance to try sedation and I was just shocked with the effects.
You could check my review :)
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/289795-vein-nutrition-youre-7.html#post5679383

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My top choices would be Somatomax by Hi-Tech (start with 1/2 scoop...stuff is strong AF!) or Out Cold by iFN....both are incredibly effective at helping you get to sleep and stay asleep (even if waking up to pee in the middle of the night).

I've gone up to a full scoop of Somatomax on weekends and slept like a baby. Never woke up feeling groggy.

I do tend to use it sparingly though, just to be safe since it's got a good amount of Phenibut in it.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Lots of love for Somatomax. I have a tub, just haven't tried it yet. I think it's time :)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the best compounds I noticed a huge difference in recovery was ALCAR!

I'm not joking, 1-2G before bed and even off 3-5 hours sleep my mind was way more refreshed! I read about it in studies I think and it def worked!

I've tried most these sleep products, and sure they put you into a deeper/longer sleep but I've never woken up more refreshed, esp on a shorter sleep cycle!

ALCAR, cheap and effective and add it to any product.

:)
Clear PMs

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been on M-Test about a week and a half now and have definitely noticed highly improved sleep. My sleep is always spotty and tossing/turning and the last few days I've woke up like 5-10 mins before my alarm goes off.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For a few basic standalone ingredients, you could look into glycine and L-ornithine HCL, which both have research in this area or something similar.
2 grams of glycine has really been helping me feel well rested in the morning. I was actually suprised how well it worked for me. I just take magnesium, Passion flower, lysine and glycine and that is enough to relax me enough to sleep and have me feeling good in the morning.