Achilles Tendon Pain - Cured?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
So here's the deal, if anyone remembers my "log" on BPC-157 and Elbow Tendonitis, you may recall I also had on going (over a year) Achilles Tendon pain.... that BPC did nothing for. Now, it was dead smack in the middle of the tendon, not at an attachment point, so it wasn't exactly "solvable" by BPC IMO - nothing could touch it/fix it. I don't know if there is a "sheath" around it that was inflamed, or what. I stopped running:still hurt, I stopped doing Calf work:still hurt, I took 2 weeks off:still hurt.

Well, it's gone. The only things that have changed, to the best of my recollection, are the addition of 4 things (and we'll all prob agree on what it was that did the trick, but just in case, I'm listing the changes):

3 caps/day of Scivation (maybe expired, lol) Sesamin Oil.

8g/day (4gx2) of Cayenne Pepper.

1 scoop of Ultimate Nutrition Vegetable Greens.

And...... 2g/day of bulk 95% Curcumin with bulk Bioperine (2 heaping Red Micro-Scoops) and additional Ground Black Pepper.

I always thought Curcumin was just an acute analgesic? If it is, the half life must be over 24hrs, LOL! Anyway, if it is the Curcumin, no need for any fancy formulas - Bioperine works fine - thanks Sabinsa!

Edit: Just went through the cabinet and found some other stuff that is new: Bulk IP6, Bulk 4:1 Milk Thistle Extract, and Swanson Ginger, Ginseng, and Pomegranate. That for sure, is it.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
Very interesting. How did you take the BPC, what dose did you use, and, if you don't mind my asking, are you confident that it was legit?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curcumin is great! Long time user of it here. So many health benefits.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Very interesting. How did you take the BPC, what dose did you use, and, if you don't mind my asking, are you confident that it was legit?
It was legit enough to heal lateral epicondylitis ? Oral, 500 mcg/day x 21 days or so. The AT pain was right in the middle, where you can grab and massage. After about 5 minutes of massage, the pain would subside. Then it came back. I don't think it was an injury that BPC was designed for IMO - not like bone/tendon attachment tears. I'd have to look at a physiology page on the AT, to see if there is some covering to it that may have been agrivated.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine got much better as well. Mine is at the attachment point of the calcaneus, because of a bone spur.

I think my healing was a result of better sleep from CPAP therapy and Front Squats.

Glad to hear yours cleared up!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Mine got much better as well. Mine is at the attachment point of the calcaneus, because of a bone spur.

I think my healing was a result of better sleep from CPAP therapy and Front Squats.

Glad to hear yours cleared up!
Really the first time I've ever noticed anything from a natty supp to be honest. And I just all of a sudden one day, said "Hey!! My friggen AT doesn't hurt anymore!!"... And had to Phillip Marlowe what was new ?

ballennonstop

Awards
Interesting stuff. I used BPC Systemically-mainly sq ~500mg/day...it healed my minor neck and elbow issue. But it didn't help my bionic ankle that was fractured in October and has 9 screws in it.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Interesting stuff. I used BPC Systemically-mainly sq ~500mg/day...it healed my minor neck and elbow issue. But it didn't help my bionic ankle that was fractured in October and has 9 screws in it.
Your always going to have issue with that ankle most likely.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Where did you get the bulk curcumin ?
Bulksupplements?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
My guess would be curcumin, as most of these are inflammatory conditions. But in saying that, unless you are actively rehabbing the area/ controlling what caused the issue, expect it to flare up in due course.

I get people with some degree of medial/ lateral epicondylitis to improve grip strength (olympic plate walks, mat pinchers, rolling up a weight, end dumbbell holds etc) and it reduces pain significantly after about 4-6 weeks. I do get them to limit bicep curls during that time (keep them in, but reduce frequency or volume).

Curcumin is a godsend though

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
My guess would be curcumin, as most of these are inflammatory conditions. But in saying that, unless you are actively rehabbing the area/ controlling what caused the issue, expect it to flare up in due course.
Curcumin is a godsend though
I laid off any activity that I thought would really stress the tendon (but it was fine during every day activity, including training - minus calf work). I'd aim the hot shower jet at them for a while and/or do Epsom Salt baths, and massage the sh^t out of them. Temporary relief only. And I have no idea what *caused* the pain in the first place - thought it was running - but I haven't ran in over a year - I either do an inclined Cross Country Skier, or walk up and down hill. If it's Squatting and RDLs - I sure as heck ain't stopping those :D If it is the bulk Curcumin, well rock on! The stuff is healthy anyway, and since it's working with just some bulk Piperine, I can handle making it a staple

As for the Golfer/Tennis Elbow - BPC and:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2971639/

worked a treat.