Bitter Melon Extract

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone used this solo? There's lots of good data on it to prevent fat gain, increase fat loss, lower blood sugar, etc. What dose did you use? I ordered the bulk powder to use for my upcoming cut in a couple weeks but unsure of the dose.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I remember previous discussions on AM that mention Charantin as being adipogenic and Momordin as being lipolytic.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love it. Dimpless google it

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've searched pretty good for dosing info on this and can't find much. I see it in other products dosed at 100mg per cap with each meal but then the bulk supplier I bought it from says 750mg once a day with a meal. I've also read taking too much can cause some adverse effects so I'm starting at 175mg (1 level dash spoon) with each meal. I've only taken it once so far last night with my exceedingly large dinner and woke up significantly less bloated than I believe I should've. We'll see if that continues or if it's just a fluke.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used the jarrow brand @ 3 caps per day with good results for blood glucose control. Over time I developed an allergic reaction to it.. I had really good results with the whole fruit, that would be my first choice. If you have an Indian market near you try the fruit.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Would those effects matter to someone on TRT?
No clue what so ever. But with a lot of other more proven substances that do what you posted in the original (including just kcal/macro tracking) why risk it/waste money? I dropped and kept off ~85lbs going on 2 years now.... and I never heard of Bitter Melon :D

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No clue what so ever. But with a lot of other more proven substances that do what you posted in the original (including just kcal/macro tracking) why risk it/waste money? I dropped and kept off ~85lbs going on 2 years now.... and I never heard of Bitter Melon :D
Because I already bought it lol.
The point of bitter melon was it had actual research behind preventing fat gain and lowering blood glucose. I won't use berberine because it can reduce protein synthesis which is the last thing I need while during physical therapy for my shoulder and can't workout yet. And I just feel better using GDAs; blood sugar and energy stays stable.

Edit: what are the more proven substances other than agmatine, ALA, and berberine?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Because I already bought it lol.
The point of bitter melon was it had actual research behind preventing fat gain and lowering blood glucose. I won't use berberine because it can reduce protein synthesis which is the last thing I need while during physical therapy for my shoulder and can't workout yet. And I just feel better using GDAs; blood sugar and energy stays stable.

Edit: what are the more proven substances other than agmatine, ALA, and berberine?
I used berberine during 1 year of PT/rehab for a severe shoulder/neck/trap injury and I don't find it hindered my recovery. I am type 2 diabetic insulin resistant and I have tried all of the following:

berberine hcl
na-rala/ala
gymnema sylvestre (gymnemic acids)
banaba leaf (corosolic acid & ellagitannins)
salacia oblonga/reticulata
gtf chromium (chromium polynicotinate)
vanadyl sulfate
fenugreek (4-hydroxyisoleucine)
cinnamon & cinnamon extracts (cinnulin pf)
apple cider vinegar or just plain vinegar

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used berberine during 1 year of PT/rehab for a severe shoulder/neck/trap injury and I don't find it hindered my recovery. I am type 2 diabetic insulin resistant and I have tried all of the following:

berberine hcl
na-rala/ala
gymnema sylvestre (gymnemic acids)
banaba leaf (corosolic acid & ellagitannins)
salacia oblonga/reticulata
gtf chromium (chromium polynicotinate)
vanadyl sulfate
fenugreek (4-hydroxyisoleucine)
cinnamon & cinnamon extracts (cinnulin pf)
apple cider vinegar or just plain vinegar
I was more concerned I would lose muscle faster because of that effect with berberine than I would without berberine since I won't be working out.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I was more concerned I would lose muscle faster because of that effect with berberine than I would without berberine since I won't be working out.
I was in a similar situation for 6-8 months. I did everything I could to preserve as much muscle as possible while minimizing any fat gain. During that time I would still do LISS, mobility exercises and stretches along with my PT. I did my best to stay active to increase circulation and blood flow. I also switched to IF during this time and experimented with Keto, and eventually CKD when I was able to get back to the gym. GDA's helped a lot too and helped to keep me from getting fat.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I don't really get into the GDA thing too much, I was talking more along the lines of fat gain prevention/loss using Kcal/macro tracking, cardio, ECY use, etc...

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
How would this effect a person with hypoglycemia?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't really get into the GDA thing too much, I was talking more along the lines of fat gain prevention/loss using Kcal/macro tracking, cardio, ECY use, etc...
Ah. All those are accounted for or won't use.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obviously I'm a big fan of both the seed and fruit extract. Look for Momordin content, and get one standardized to at least 30%.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Obviously I'm a big fan of both the seed and fruit extract. Look for Momordin content, and get one standardized to at least 30%.
I got a 4:1 extract but that's all it says. Fail?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dimpless is the brand

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm glad I didn't follow the advice on the bag, taking 750mg once a day. Twice I've done this now, using 175mg at breakfast and lunch each and by dinner feeling super out of it and having to carb load to feel right again. Potent stuff. I'll have to back down to 100mg per meal I guess.