Advice for stim break

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
So like many of us on here, I've been a stim junkie for years. Caffeine simply does not do anything for me anymore, even with Ephedrine. 400-500 mg I could pretty much fall asleep on. I've used Mesomorph double scooped, Dust Extreme, etc. They really don't do much for my anymore. I think it's safe to say that I should take a stim break for at least a month. I've heard of some people taking CTD Adrenal Reset in the past during their break and have had great results. I've tried taking it, however was underwhelmed with the results. Are there any other products out there that can be taken during a stim break to re-sensitize our system to stimulants? Thanks

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The main thing to help lower tolerance will be the stim break. There are adaptogens and noots that can help to an extent but nothing will truly aid without the time off. I need one too tbh. I use adrenosurge during my breaks simply because I like the formula. Helps aid in some energy/focus without the stims. Be prepared to have the ibuprofen ready with your tolerance as high as it is. Just have to power through the first 3-7 days and then you start to feel better.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Imo nothing really helps but time. Even a week will help a ton, two is better, 3-4 is what I consider optimal tho. Any longer is pretty much unnecessary.

Try out some fun non stim noots and such like focus xt caffeine free and noopept xt. You can add some pump goodies too like high volume.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I am due for a stim break due to building a tolerance to DMAA, from using Hydroxyelite for past 60 days as well as Mesomorph, Dust Extreme and Riot on leg days but they have lost effectiveness, this morning my 2 tubs of Bloodshr3d Raw turned up so i will be running them before starting the break or may save them for next year.

7eman7

7eman7

Awards
  • Established
Maca is great to help your adrenal glands recover from fatigue.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely look into nootropics. I would also look into a non stim pre to help get a pump. You could also buy bulk ingredients to create your own non stim, but I would opt for VasoMax which will deliver great pumps with 3 grams of glycerol and 810 mg of nitrates.

My personal cocktail looks like this:

VasoMax (or other non stim)
600 mg of ALpha GPC
200 mcg Huperzine A
1500-2000 mg of l-tyrosine.
1-2 grams ALCAR

Supplements like Adrenosurge can help too.

I would also supplement with ashwagandha.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As others have said, the most effective thing you can do is simply give yourself time to recover. However, if you want to supplement with an adaptogen, Ashwaghanda has data showing improvements in adrenal hormone markers. It's one of my favorite ingredients, has myriad other benefits, and is cheap to boot.

For a non-stim PWO, I'd look at OL Conqu3r Unleashed Stim Free. You get noots, ergogens, bloodflow enhancers...the works. It's my go-to for stim breaks.

You can get both from nutriverse right now for 25% off with coupon code "AM5". That puts the Ashwaghanda at only $14.95 for a 30-day supply with a nice, big dose.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Stim break.

For me, I use stim Free Focus XT and decaf coffee. It helps out with those rough days.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
VasoMax is about to be released and will be perfect for this situation. It's Performax Labs newest stim free pre workout. You can take it solo or stack it with PowerMax XT (im starting this stack this week).

A couple ingredients that are found in VasoMax that I love include potassium nitrate and S-Nitrosogluthione. These will lead to an increase in nitric oxide as well as causing vasodilation. I also like the fact that it does not contain creatine which makes it fine for adding whatever type of creatine you like. I use mono so I will be stacking it with PowerMax XT or adding bulk mono. Keep your eyes peeled for this one! Should be any day now that we will be releasing it.

enraged_chris

Awards
Maca, rhodiola, other adaptogenic herbs, good doses of a good form of magnesium, catecholamine precursors are all things to look into during a stim break. You could also replace some traditional stims with some nootropics/non traditional stims to reset tolerance of normal things like caffeine/dmaa: various racetams, -afinil compounds, ashwaghanda and others to keep your workouts solid with zero stims. I also recommend tapering into your stim break. Sounds like a straight cold turkey would be hell.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Thank you everyone for your replies. I will certainly take the advice you have provided. From what I've heard, stim breaks can be hell, but with all of the recommendations above, I think I should be able to minimize the "withdrawls" with some degree of effectiveness.
Thank you!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's very simple (just not fun, like a strict diet).

Take less than you take now for a bit. Then less than that for a bit. Then quit for a month. You can do it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you everyone for your replies. I will certainly take the advice you have provided. From what I've heard, stim breaks can be hell, but with all of the recommendations above, I think I should be able to minimize the "withdrawls" with some degree of effectiveness.
Thank you!
For sure man! When I start to feel a tolerance build up, I gradually lower my dose then eventually take 2-4 weeks off and either take a stim free pre, or make my own with aminos, creatine, eat some potassium pre workout...etc

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The best this is to break for better tolerance. At the levels of stim tolerance you have I would say at least a month. There was a product called reset out a few years back, not sure they are around. Look at focus xt for a great stim free pre or at nocturnis.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best this is to break for better tolerance. At the levels of stim tolerance you have I would say at least a month. There was a product called reset out a few years back, not sure they are around. Look at focus xt for a great stim free pre or at nocturnis.
I used reset a few times. Not sure if it worked or not. Hard to tell because I would take it during my stim break.

But like others are staying, to reset your tolerance, take a break completely from stims

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For a stim break nothing but time is going to help change your tolerance. The more time, the better your effects will be when your return to stims.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reset Ad from Palto alto labs if I remember right. I did a log on it I think like eleven years ago or so

does GABA help during stim break?
gaba can help relax , some.

Like everyone said your best bet to to ween down then cycle off. I've been off a few months and will continue at least another few months. Even when I do caffeine, I don't go any more than say 400 mgs .

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reset Ad from Palto alto labs if I remember right. I did a log on it I think like eleven years ago or so

gaba can help relax , some.

Like everyone said your best bet to to ween down then cycle off. I've been off a few months and will continue at least another few months. Even when I do caffeine, I don't go any more than say 400 mgs .
Been a week into my break. Just take a black coffee in the AM and hit the gym. Feels great to see that my energy or strength hasn’t gone down since the break started.

Logray

Awards
  • Established
What do you think is the best way to take a break? Instant cutoff or lowering dosages? Currently I consume about 700mg caffeine per day(+some from tea), and some yohimbe for 7days a week for months now +-100 depending on work.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you think is the best way to take a break? Instant cutoff or lowering dosages? Currently I consume about 700mg caffeine per day(+some from tea), and some yohimbe for 7days a week for months now +-100 depending on work.
Just from seeing co-workers with caffeine, I would say slowly drop the amount of take in each day until you are at none. Also in the future, I would only use pre workouts, stims, when needed and coffee when needed or drop it.

I use a pre workout 3-4 times per week and each week, I vary the product so it is a lower caffeine amount one week, a little more the second, a little more the third, and then drop back down on the fourth. I have not taken a break in a low time using this method, but I do not consume caffeine from any other sources.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d say definitely lower it over time as opposed to cutting it or cold turkey. You could also add some adaptogens and/or nootropics to keep you feeling as good as possible during your taper/break.

thaifoon90

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If any of you use float tanks (sensory deprivation tanks), I find that helps a ton with giving my adrenals a rest. Caffeine hits me 10x as hard the day after I float.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If any of you use float tanks (sensory deprivation tanks), I find that helps a ton with giving my adrenals a rest. Caffeine hits me 10x as hard the day after I float.
Does it only hit you harder that one day after?

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Just from seeing co-workers with caffeine, I would say slowly drop the amount of take in each day until you are at none. Also in the future, I would only use pre workouts, stims, when needed and coffee when needed or drop it.

I use a pre workout 3-4 times per week and each week, I vary the product so it is a lower caffeine amount one week, a little more the second, a little more the third, and then drop back down on the fourth. I have not taken a break in a low time using this method, but I do not consume caffeine from any other sources.
I’d say definitely lower it over time as opposed to cutting it or cold turkey. You could also add some adaptogens and/or nootropics to keep you feeling as good as possible during your taper/break.
Will have a 5 day weekend next week. I will try to lower it until then (6days from now), and absolutly cut off for that few days. Im using some asaptogens like ash, ginseng, and today I received Jarrows adrenal optimizer. Can I use them? (Jarrows has a bit of dmae in it)
Edit: Should I also cut green tea out?
Thanks!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
TD PREGNENOLONE....go to iconicformulations.com and use code THEBIGT and save 25%.

several guys have used this during stim breaks and say it really helps...