Colloidal silver safety

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been battling yeast overgrowth (candida) for close to a year now, with no actual result.
I was put on specific antibiotics at first, which seemed to cure it, but the effects only lasted about 2 months.
I then did a cure of caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, and oregano oil. Mild improvement but candida overgrowth is still here after stool analysis, and I feel sluggish as hell.
It's affecting all areas of my life.

I recently found out about colloidal silver as a natural and potent antibiotic. Lots have had success treating various infections and bacterias with it.

Do you guys have any opinion on it's effectiveness, and most importantly over its SAFETY at recommended dosages.
Argyria (blue coloration of the skin) has been shown to happen at elevated dosages during extented periods of time.

I'm planning to take 5 teaspoons/day of the best selling brand, which is concentrated at 10ppm, for a week or two.

Am I safe of any side effects at this dosage and for this period of time?

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
There is no reason to take colloidal silver as it has no essential biological use in a human body. Argyria (skin turning blue pigment) and kidney dysfunction are two side effects of colloidal silver, although not necessarily at that dose. Furthermore broad spectrum antibiotics would not help candida (they can actually cause it) as it is a fungal infection; therefore, you need anti fungals.

Also if you have had candida this long, it usually signals immunodeficiency. Go to a doctor immediately and have them test you to see if it's actually candida and if you have an underlying immune system problem

THEstudent

Awards
Go with a structured silver. It is a more advanced silver even though you would be fine with a properly made colloidal silver. The structured silver is more effective and has even less of a chance of side effects. Look up "Thank You Silver".

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no reason to take colloidal silver as it has no essential biological use in a human body. Argyria (skin turning blue pigment) and kidney dysfunction are two side effects of colloidal silver, although not necessarily at that dose. Furthermore broad spectrum antibiotics would not help candida (they can actually cause it) as it is a fungal infection; therefore, you need anti fungals.

Also if you have had candida this long, it usually signals immunodeficiency. Go to a doctor immediately and have them test you to see if it's actually candida and if you have an underlying immune system problem
It IS candida, I took 2 comprehensive stool tests that showed it.
Any antifungal you could recommend?
I'm already on:
-garlic
-oregano oil
-Grapefruit seed extract
-caprylic acid

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
It IS candida, I took 2 comprehensive stool tests that showed it.
Any antifungal you could recommend?
I'm already on:
-garlic
-oregano oil
-Grapefruit seed extract
-caprylic acid
Is the candida localized or systematic? If localized is it gastrointestinal candida, cutaneous candida, Candida cystitis, renal candida, or Candida esophagitis? Either way if it's localized-- except for acute cutaneous candida-- or systematic I would go to a new doctor and and they will most likely prescribe you fluconazole. Furthermore Candida is rarely diagnosed with a stool test and if it is it has to be one that samples stool over several days... even gastrointestinal candidas is diagnosed with an endoscopy. I'm just a first year med student, given I had to take a year break to recover from cancer, but your medical history makes no sense

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SHR just put out a new podcast on this very topic. I'm not sure what they recommend, as the battery on my mp3 player went dead before they could get to it.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the candida localized or systematic? If localized is it gastrointestinal candida, cutaneous candida, Candida cystitis, renal candida, or Candida esophagitis? Either way if it's localized-- except for acute cutaneous candida-- or systematic I would go to a new doctor and and they will most likely prescribe you fluconazole. Furthermore Candida is rarely diagnosed with a stool test and if it is it has to be one that samples stool over several days... even gastrointestinal candidas is diagnosed with an endoscopy. I'm just a first year med student, given I had to take a year break to recover from cancer, but your medical history makes no sense
You make pretty hasty conclusions for a soon to be doctor (hopefully for you). Be humble and dig slowly.

Stool analysis done over the course of 2 days and it's intestinal yeast, so localized.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Try a no carb ketogenic diet for a few weeks with high fermented food intake

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
You make pretty hasty conclusions for a soon to be doctor (hopefully for you). Be humble and dig slowly.

Stool analysis done over the course of 2 days and it's intestinal yeast, so localized.
Sorry for coming off as rude, let me explain my perspective of the situation. You say you were diagnosed with Candida a year ago and your doctor put you on "specific antibiotics." Since candida is a fungus, it would make no sense for your doctor to put you on an antibiotic, first line therapy is always an antifungal. And the antifungal is usually in the azole class, more than likely fluconazole.

Next you said that the antibiotic got rid of the infection, but then the symptoms returned. Your doctor then should have evaluated you as to why you are getting recurring gastrointestinal yeast infections. These type of infections are due to the good bacteria in your gut failing to control the regulation of yeast growth (as there is always some candida in the intestinal tract). Try limiting your diet of refined sugars and starches, limit smoking and stress, and limit hormone usage. All of these factors can lead to Candida overgrowth. Against sorry for coming off as rude but this still shouldn't be a problem for you if you had received proper medical care I.e 2-4 week therapy with an azole class antifungal coupled with proper diet and probiotics

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for coming off as rude, let me explain my perspective of the situation. You say you were diagnosed with Candida a year ago and your doctor put you on "specific antibiotics." Since candida is a fungus, it would make no sense for your doctor to put you on an antibiotic, first line therapy is always an antifungal. And the antifungal is usually in the azole class, more than likely fluconazole.

Next you said that the antibiotic got rid of the infection, but then the symptoms returned. Your doctor then should have evaluated you as to why you are getting recurring gastrointestinal yeast infections. These type of infections are due to the good bacteria in your gut failing to control the regulation of yeast growth (as there is always some candida in the intestinal tract). Try limiting your diet of refined sugars and starches, limit smoking and stress, and limit hormone usage. All of these factors can lead to Candida overgrowth. Against sorry for coming off as rude but this still shouldn't be a problem for you if you had received proper medical care I.e 2-4 week therapy with an azole class antifungal coupled with proper diet and probiotics

More specifically: I was put on Nystatin and Metrodinazole. So one antifungal and one antobiotic.

I am on a paleo diet with very low carbs and 0 refined sugars, I don't smoke. I drink 2 glasses a week.

Limit hormone usage? I have seen anecdotal reports of people all pointing in the same direction: test + gh immensely ameliorated their candida overgrowth. And I don't mean alleviated the symptoms, I mean directly affected the fungus itself.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
More specifically: I was put on Nystatin and Metrodinazole. So one antifungal and one antobiotic.

I am on a paleo diet with very low carbs and 0 refined sugars, I don't smoke. I drink 2 glasses a week.

Limit hormone usage? I have seen anecdotal reports of people all pointing in the same direction: test + gh immensely ameliorated their candida overgrowth. And I don't mean alleviated the symptoms, I mean directly affected the fungus itself.
Elevated estrogen levels have been directly linked to chronic yeast infections. So when I say limit hormone usage, that entails if you are on cycle either stop or make sure your estrogen levels are in check. Furthermore, nystatin has zero oral bioavailability so that would not ameliorate a fungal infection in the intestines.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Elevated estrogen levels have been directly linked to chronic yeast infections. So when I say limit hormone usage, that entails if you are on cycle either stop or make sure your estrogen levels are in check. Furthermore, nystatin has zero oral bioavailability so that would not ameliorate a fungal infection in the intestines.
Forgive the aside. Haven't even read the thread.

Bro. I'm so pumped to see you posting. I had been praying your chemo went well and just hadn't seen you around for a long time. Nice to see you back.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude please do a fair bit of research, this isn't a ball game exchange where I say something and you come with the first thing on your mind.

Nystatin is the best antifungal for GI candidose as it is almost not absorbed in the bloodstream and can thus peform all its work from mouth to anus.
Fluconazole on the other hand for example is best indicated for external candida overgrowth as it enters the bloodstream and can reach most body parts.

You don't come off as rude (as you seemed to be apologizing), just as ignorant