WOW to ALCAR

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I just started taking ALCAR again recently because I got my hands on some and I must say this stuff is just unbelievable pre-workout. I took it today before my football workout and I actually stayed there extra to do even more than what was on my sheet and was still focused.

I guess I had forgotten how great this stuff was. I am taking roughly 1.5 grams if not a tiny bit more from 1fast.

The only grunt I have from 1fast is there packaging and their lack of measurer. I hate how everything they send you they tell you what it would be with a 1/4 teaspoon. Who the hell has a damn 1/4 teaspoon, I am in college! Plus they package it kinda crappy and moisture enters easily. Great price though.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Get a scale and you won't have to worry eh

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
C'mon now. You can get 1/4 of a teaspoon from a friggin 99 cent store.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
C'mon now. You can get 1/4 of a teaspoon from a friggin 99 cent store.
Haha my point exactly why don't they just include it ;).

But the real point of the thread is to just give feedback even on my pretty intense football circuit training and say that it really has helped me out a lot!

Not dissing BN by the way, I will always buy from them.

bullydog

Awards
I just started taking ALCAR again recently because I got my hands on some and I must say this stuff is just unbelievable pre-workout. I took it today before my football workout and I actually stayed there extra to do even more than what was on my sheet and was still focused.

I guess I had forgotten how great this stuff was. I am taking roughly 1.5 grams if not a tiny bit more from 1fast.

The only grunt I have from 1fast is there packaging and their lack of measurer. I hate how everything they send you they tell you what it would be with a 1/4 teaspoon. Who the hell has a damn 1/4 teaspoon, I am in college! Plus they package it kinda crappy and moisture enters easily. Great price though.
are you planning on eventually taking that as part of an Anarchy stack or just going to stay ALCAR by itself?

Oatmeal_King

Awards
If you haven't already, throw in:

1g Tyrosine
100mg Caffeine

Especially on an empty stomach, this provides great central drive without getting jittery.

I like it for a first thing in the morning stack as well.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
At that point haven't you pretty much created Neurostim +C ?

If you haven't already, throw in:

1g Tyrosine
100mg Caffeine

Especially on an empty stomach, this provides great central drive without getting jittery.

I like it for a first thing in the morning stack as well.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
or GO! by BSL.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and the citrus complex :D

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
I mix up ALCAR, CEE, citrulline malate, taurine, and caffeine, and take it pre-workout (in a shake---tastes f'in terrible on its own!). I've noticed substantially better focus as a result.

-kwantam

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody out there not responded to ALCAR? I'm sure I'm not the only one. Maybe I didn't take enough or ate too soon afterwards.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I put 2 grams of CEE and 1.5 grams of alcar in water, hurry and down it, then drink a smaller cup of coffee before I go workout. Worked wonders.

Havent tried tyrosine. Is it worth the extra cost?

waitlifter82

Awards
I have never felt anything from Tyrosine (alone).

Oatmeal_King

Awards
Tyrosine will definitely make it hum more.

You can get tyrosine fairly cheap as powder, I think its about $20 for a kilo, or maybe it was 1/2 Kilo.

You can also get it capped cheaply if you don't want to be arsed.

Re: nuerostim. I have no idea. But I am sure it is more expensive.

I have tried GO!, but I seem to get headaches from chronic use. Presumably the choline.

Anyway, yeah, I am sure there are fancy concoctions that throw in all the "smart drugs" and whatnot, but why screw with what works for a basic workout stimulant?

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Neurostim +C is actually pretty damn good. You can find it now for $18 for 20 servings. I'm a big believer in it but some people see absolutely ZERO effect...

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
Has anybody out there not responded to ALCAR? I'm sure I'm not the only one. Maybe I didn't take enough or ate too soon afterwards.
Nothing here either.
But I do WO in the PM, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Alcar is great stuff. I'm going to have to try the Tyrosine I've had for awhile mixed with it. Tyrosine didn't seem to do much on it's own for me either.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me the problem with tyrosine is that at some point I have to cycle off, otherwise it's not working anymore.

gqsuperman

Awards
stack

i just made my own preworkout stack with
alcar
tyrosine
caffeine
creatine
taurine
vinocopitine
citrulline malate

all cheap as hell from custome nutrition. i'll let you know how it works
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28332
anyone suggest adding a dose of dextrose to this for an insulin spike or not? i added a bit to try to cut hte saltiness of hte ****, but didn't know if a larger dose would be desirable.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I have had nice increased energy stacking my ALCAR 1.3 gms, Green Tea also 1.3 gms, Taurine 1.3 gms and 100mgs of RALA. I take this stack 3 X per day. I believe it is helping me lower my bodyfat and it probably is doing me a ton of good for other health reasons. I cap the ALCAR and Green Tea at about 650 mgs/cap. I also throw in a Celery Seed, Garlic and Hawthorne Berry with each dose to keep my BP down. I do this stack whether I'm using SD, M4OHN or as now, a test boosting stack of Rebound XT and Blue Rhino.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
custom had a stack that sounds similar to these stacks that worked out great for me. I think it was the ultimate pump stack but cant seem to find it on his site now.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR just before my morning coffee is my daily norm. I love it, if it were a girl I'd marry it.

screwbol

Banned
Awards
The addition of tyrosine is definately worth it especially if taking ALCAR w/ caffeine. Tyrosine really potentiates the caffeine. IMO, I prefer 1.5-2g ALCAR, 3-5g tyrosine, and 200mg caffeine over Neurostim+C. It is cheaper, I can cap it and avoid the taste, and the choline and/or DMAE in Neurostim makes me feel "off" compared to my own formula.

Most recently my daily energy stack has consisted of the following, once taken upon wakening at 5:30am and once pre-workout at 4pm. I do heavy construction (frame houses) so I need all the physical drive I can get, especially since I have to lift weights after an 8 hour day in the 90-100 degree summers doing manual labor.

Here is the stack, began taking it last monday and it seems to keep getting more and more effective:

-450mg Sulbutiamine (from CNW)
-200mg caffeine
-3.5g Citrulline Malate (in the form of BODY OCTANE)
-4g L-tyrosine
-2g ALCAR

This stack has increased my mental/physical performance and well-being, improved my quality of sleep while decreasing the amount of sleep needed, and seems to have upped my endurance and marginally decreas my bodyfat. The ALCAR/Tyro/Caff are must haves IMO.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
Nutraplanet sends their's in a tightly sealed container...it was moisture free, and cheaper. Props to them. I love BN by all means, but a deal is a deal. Not like i wont be looking for my 5th kilo of Alcar very soon anyway. Between me and my dad we blow thorugh like 5 grams a day of the stuff lol.

i bring this stuff to parties and tell ppl its blow...haha jk...i bet it would work though....figuring the avgerage person woul respond to it like it's real or placebo...."i feel to speedy man....like wow"

waitlifter82

Awards
milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR and the great measuring dilemma...

www.nutraplanet.com
www.customnutritionwarehouse.com

(although you still might have to spring for your own 1/4 tsp. C'mon Lake! Smart college guy can dial that one in, no?) ;)

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Here's some info on Choline
http://customnutritionwarehouse.com/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=117&osCsid=53f16b422b2cd9d00974fcb67cf3b269

http://www.1fast400.com/?ingredients_id=12

I am unsure of the reasoning behind the citrate complex (I'm sure this is what bobo meant).
Thanks for the links, Waitlifter82

But I was wondering why you'd want to minus it from GO! It just seemed like in your original post that you'd want to take it out of the ingredients because you didn't like it. Just wondering why.

Thanks
RMT

waitlifter82

Awards
Thanks for the links, Waitlifter82

But I was wondering why you'd want to minus it from GO! It just seemed like in your original post that you'd want to take it out of the ingredients because you didn't like it. Just wondering why.

Thanks
RMT
Not that I didn't like it..... personally, I never got much mental stimulation from Choline. Ie. I feel the same w/ ALCAR, tyrosine, and caffeine as I do w/ GO!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Not that I didn't like it..... personally, I never got much mental stimulation from Choline. Ie. I feel the same w/ ALCAR, tyrosine, and caffeine as I do w/ GO!
choline is really used to potentiate other things rather than necessarily having staggering physical characteristics of its own, just FYI.