Can I use Lecithin gels vs Granules for PA?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys can I used these instead of granules? Found them dirt cheap. If so how many caps to = 750 PA?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
depends what the content is. label?

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
You will have no idea... Look in Fearn's Soy Lecithin Granules.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will have no idea... Look in Fearn's Soy Lecithin Granules.
X2 ^

I've got a can of Fearn's Soy Lecithin Granules cheap for my February bulk.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I can't find fearns anywhere but online. And shipping to Canada is about $15 so it's not worth it. I have granules at home but these were cheap

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't find fearns anywhere but online. And shipping to Canada is about $15 so it's not worth it. I have granules at home but these were cheap
You would have to take a ton of these pills, and at that point it isn't cost effective or worth the pain

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
15g of soy lecithin granules gives you 1200mg of phosphatidic acid. Therefore, each gram gives you 80mg. Your pills are 1.2g so 80 × 1.2 = 96mg of PA per pill.

750 / 96 = 7.81, so you would need 8 pills just to get 750mg of PA. And that's assuming the soy lecithin in your pills has the same PA content as the granules, which they should, but who knows?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
15g of soy lecithin granules gives you 1200mg of phosphatidic acid. Therefore, each gram gives you 80mg. Your pills are 1.2g so 80 × 1.2 = 96mg of PA per pill.

750 / 96 = 7.81, so you would need 8 pills just to get 750mg of PA. And that's assuming the soy lecithin in your pills has the same PA content as the granules, which they should, but who knows?
Is 1200mg the go-to dose of PA?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established

15g soy lecithin doesn't necessarily mean 1200mg pa. Different brands are standardized for different amounts.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
15g soy lecithin doesn't necessarily mean 1200mg pa. Different brands are standardized for different amounts.
I have yet to see lecithin granules standardized for PA; just because they list it on the label as x mg doesn't mean it's standardized for that amount.

If the softgels use liquid lecithin, as opposed to de-oiled lecithin, you'll have less PA. One source shows an average of 7% PA for de-oiled, and 5% PA for lecithin, but we're probably splitting hairs here. With that said, you should be good to go just getting at least 750mg PA calculated with 4% PA, even if you're using softgels. 750mg PA (at 4% PA) means you need 18.75g lecithin, and if each softgel is 1.2g, that's 15-16 pills (or 12-13 pills if you go with 5% PA).
http://www.americanlecithin.com/lecithin_2009.pdf

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
Look up Optima Lecithin Granules. Very similar to Fearn, and my go-to brand in Europe. Maybe you can find that on a canadian website.
10.5g of that (tablespoon ~ 11g) gives you 1.3g of PA.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Look around there are some other brands that are good and shipping shouldn't be so bad.