Pre-Workout...What to choose next?

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Used amp citrate and loved it great focus, no crash, and phenomenal workouts. DMAA was always hit or miss for me. I think with a lower dose it bette suited for me. Always gave me physical energy but not much focus. Looking for something specifically for focus?

What's better DMHA, J. Regis, or ERia J?

Looking a Man GAmeday and chaos and pain line. suggestions on what to go with next for focus at workouts. Not opposed to having DMAA in the pre either but need something for focus too.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus wise, I was pretty impressed with Hypermax XT. I know there's a thread somewhere to request samples from one of the reps, who will probably be along shortly.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS FOCUS XT and OL ignit3 has given me the best focus and energy for my workouts!

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Would use a scoop of focus xt with my amp citrate worked evenbetter

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HyperMax XT would be worth checking out. It has the Eria Jarensis you mentioned and provides a hard hitting but clean feel. It also is very well dosed in the pump and endurance department, see below. It is a true 1 scooper, no need to blow through tub. Price Plow and Stack3d both have it in their top 5 preworkout lists.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry if my post was choppy, I'm watching Cubs vs Giants and keep losing track lol.

madmuscle24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
DMHA is the strongest IME. Game day feels a little dirty to me, **** has legs. I prefer DVST8 white cuts or limitless by innovapharm for a DMHA stim pre. Profiles are better as well.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What's better DMHA, J. Regis, or ERia J?

...suggestions on what to go with next for focus at workouts. Not opposed to having DMAA in the pre either but need something for focus too.
I miss the original DMAA, I feel like nothing that's come out since has been the same. If you're looking for intense mental focus and good energy, I would second Hypermax XT. I respond very well to Eria Jarensis, and I feel that it is a great alternative to DMAA. I get a very clean energy boost from it, and my mental clarity and focus is incredible. Hypermax XT also contains Agmatine and Glycerol which can help deliver a nice pump. Its a solid all around preworkout product

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
I just received 3 more tubs of Conqu3r Unleashed I think that's 6 total and I don't plan on going back

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The genuine walnut bark (Juglans Regia) extract in Olympus Labs Conqu3r is my new favorite for focus, potent-yet-clean energy, and euphoria. The latest Hypermax XT is very good as well, and I've heard great things about SNS Focus XT.

Alternatively, as jgntyce mentioned, you could use Ignit3 as your pre-workout, which will give you both J.Regia and E.Jarensis. :cool: 3 caps Ignit3 gets me crazy motivated/focused, and if used at that dose, you'll get 50 workouts from one bottle.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In no particular order:

CU
HyperMax XT
Mesomorph

Honorable mention:
JP8x Hardcore
Condense

These are what I have tried recently and really enjoy. Love the ef out of CU and HyperMax XT because they are so good all-around. You can take them 4 or 5 days a week and not finding yourself wanting to take more

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the HyperMax XT love. Currently the board sponsor TF Supplements has it on sale plus free shaker cup.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Wicked from Innovative Labs

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I got a few samples of HypermaxXT to try and I was very impressed with it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HyperMax XT, like others have said, is a great option. The pumps are amazing and the focus you get from it is something I haven't seen from other pre workouts. Clean energy, doesn't keep me up all night. I workout at 4pm and in bed by 830pm. It's nice to have a product like this.

I know you want a stim, but for future reference, Performax Labs is releasing a new stim free pre workout called VasoMax. Might be something to look into in the future.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mesomorph or Dust Extreme are solid products.

I feel more focused on dust, but the pump on Mesomorph is solid.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
What did you like about it?
Good clean long lasting energy and drive without an overly stimmed out feeling or any type of noticeable crash.. The very subtle euphoric feeling was quite nice. The pumps are great too which are very close to the pump I get from nitrates.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good clean long lasting energy and drive without an overly stimmed out feeling or any type of noticeable crash.. The very subtle euphoric feeling was quite nice. The pumps are great too which are very close to the pump I get from nitrates.
That's exactly what most people see. I like taking it with PowerMax XT. Gives you great pumps and awesome recovery (although I wouldn't dose these two within the same time frame. Some ingredients overlap). Performax Labs is working on something to make our powdered products even more compatible together. Stay tuned :)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
And also Foxx13, Nutriverse is currently running an October sale that will get you 20% off Hypermax XT and the entire Performax product line. Definitely worth checking out

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As mentioned TFSupplements is running a buy 1 get 1 50% off on HyperMax XT and you get a FREE shaker cup! If your interested in HyperMax XT now is the time to get it!

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
HyperMax XT would be worth checking out. It has the Eria Jarensis you mentioned and provides a hard hitting but clean feel. It also is very well dosed in the pump and endurance department, see below. It is a true 1 scooper, no need to blow through tub. Price Plow and Stack3d both have it in their top 5 preworkout lists.

I miss the original DMAA, I feel like nothing that's come out since has been the same. If you're looking for intense mental focus and good energy, I would second Hypermax XT. I respond very well to Eria Jarensis, and I feel that it is a great alternative to DMAA. I get a very clean energy boost from it, and my mental clarity and focus is incredible. Hypermax XT also contains Agmatine and Glycerol which can help deliver a nice pump. Its a solid all around preworkout product
HyperMax XT, like others have said, is a great option. The pumps are amazing and the focus you get from it is something I haven't seen from other pre workouts. Clean energy, doesn't keep me up all night. I workout at 4pm and in bed by 830pm. It's nice to have a product like this.

I know you want a stim, but for future reference, Performax Labs is releasing a new stim free pre workout called VasoMax. Might be something to look into in the future.
HyperMax XT is looking and sounding awesome! Any chance of getting a sample please guys?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HyperMax XT is looking and sounding awesome! Any chance of getting a sample please guys?
We can get you sample, if you provide honest feedback. By honest, I don't mean kiss our butt lol. I'm at work now, if no one contacts you for sample by later tonight, please pm me so I remember.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
We can get you sample, if you provide honest feedback. By honest, I don't mean kiss our butt lol. I'm at work now, if no one contacts you for sample by later tonight, please pm me so I remember.
That'd be great and I guarantee you an honest review afterwards!
Thanks Man

enraged_chris

Awards
If you're looking for focus all of our preworkouts contain phenypiracetam. A great nootropic-psychostimulant that enhances focus and cognition as well as providing energy without stimulating the CNS significantly. Limitless contains 2-amino-6methylheptane and both enraged and enraged xtreme contain DMAA at approx 80mg per scoop.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HyperMax Xt hit me just right. Game day definitely feels dirty to me. I actually preferred wicked over mesomorph. I got crazy pumps from wicked.

Ever considered bronk aid plus focus Xt? This is a great combo focus lacks pumps. Best pumps wicked for me. Best all around without going over that stim cliff hypermax Xt. I only had some watermelon samples of hypermax and would prefer another flavor.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
HyperMax Xt hit me just right. Game day definitely feels dirty to me. I actually preferred wicked over mesomorph. I got crazy pumps from wicked.

Ever considered bronk aid plus focus Xt? This is a great combo focus lacks pumps. Best pumps wicked for me. Best all around without going over that stim cliff hypermax Xt. I only had some watermelon samples of hypermax and would prefer another flavor.
I have used Bronkaid and caffiene but more for when i am up really early and to power me through the day. Very smooth no crash. I use Focus XT with my Amp Cit and it smooth and best focus for me. DMAA is hit or miss. Will have to look into all of these. Has anyone used Ignite as a preworkout. Like that its in capsule form.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will love HyperMax XT. If you end up getting a tub of it, I also suggest stacking it with PowerMax XT. That's a killer combo!!!!! I tried it for the first time two days ago and I won't go back to anything else.

I chose to dose them about 2 hours apart from each other for now and I had amazing focus, endurance and the pumps were killer! Today I did heavy(ish) squats and arms and I haven't ever had a quad pump like this before lol

Performax Labs is working on something to make these powders more compatible with each other as well. Stay tuned :)

EricIrons

EricIrons

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have actually switched over to Chained Out. I am tired of the same old crap. I love it as a preworkout. If you ask me there aren't any really good preworkouts left on the market that have it all...

1g of Creatine (no matter what form)...not enough
Beta Alanine - hate this **** and useless IMHO (why would you want more endurance in a workout. I want to burn out FASTER!)

That's my two cents...

enraged_chris

Awards
I have actually switched over to Chained Out. I am tired of the same old crap. I love it as a preworkout. If you ask me there aren't any really good preworkouts left on the market that have it all...

Beta Alanine - hate this **** and useless IMHO (why would you want more endurance in a workout. I want to burn out FASTER!)

That's my two cents...
More endurance = more volume = more work capacity and performance down the line. Burning out faster doesn't mean you had a better workout... And definitely doesn't mean you got a better growth stimulus.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if you want high stim look at Muscle Elements PreCre XS, 420 mgs of caff but alot of other great goodies in there as well.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More endurance = more volume = more work capacity and performance down the line. Burning out faster doesn't mean you had a better workout... And definitely doesn't mean you got a better growth stimulus.
This. More endurance, either more reps in a set or more sets at the end of the workout, leads to more growth and progress. Even if your endurance is increased, you don't have to workout until you have nothing left if you don't want to; at the end of the day, more endurance is a good thing. You don't have to capitalize on it to the max, but why you wouldn't want it is beyond me.

That's my two cents...
In my opinion, there are more quality pre-workouts on the market than ever. There are plenty of bad ones, but there are at least a few that pretty much have it all; ingredients for energy, focus, pumps, and endurance. We now have citrulline and nitrates, which are better for pumps and endurance than arginine, which pretty much every pre-workout used, we have open-label supplements, etc. I personally use HyperMax XT, and find it provides me with energy, pumps, and endurance. I'd say that's a good thing. I don't have to workout for 2+ hours every day, even if I feel like I could, but more endurance (or at least the ability/potential to do more) is a good thing.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you ask me there aren't any really good preworkouts left on the market that have it all...

That's my two cents...
Well, I hear ya, there are definitely a ton of pixie-dusted b.s. pre-workouts on the market...but I'd have to agree with Muscleup that there are more quality PWO's these days than when I first started lifting. Just look at Conqu3r Unleashed. It has an extremely well-rounded formula that covers pumps, focus, energy, strength, and endurance...all with clinically-studied doses. Priceplow called it "Balanced Perfection". No cheaping out here:

olympus-labs-conqu3r-unleashed-ingredients.png

enraged_chris

Awards
I usually have one preworkout for standard workouts that isn't crazy high stim and is usually caffeine/more pump based and then I use our enraged when I want to be amped up. approx 400mg of caffeine and 80mg of dmaa with the nootropic blend just gets me zoned in without the crash or jitters.

EricIrons

EricIrons

Board Sponsor
Awards
I disagree completely. The theory behind X-Factor is just that and it seems to really work. I don't disagree that performance is fine for some athletes such as power lifters but for bodybuilding I disagree...

enraged_chris

Awards
I disagree completely. The theory behind X-Factor is just that and it seems to really work. I don't disagree that performance is fine for some athletes such as power lifters but for bodybuilding I disagree...
Source? X factor works in a completely different mechanism by effecting inflammatory pathways. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Science completely disagrees with you. If work capacity is higher, you can train more volume, giving more of a growth stimulus. It's very simple. It'd be like saying steroids aren't useful because they make you perform better. Think of the logic.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Source? X factor works in a completely different mechanism by effecting inflammatory pathways. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Science completely disagrees with you. If work capacity is higher, you can train more volume, giving more of a growth stimulus. It's very simple. It'd be like saying steroids aren't useful because they make you perform better. Think of the logic.
This. If you somehow think that fatiguing faster and/or not having as much endurance is somehow better for your bodybuilding goals, then I just don't know what to say. If anything, increased endurance would be more beneficial for bodybuilding than powerlifting, no? X Factor's MoA isn't making you fatigue faster and have less endurance; that'd make it the exact opposite of useful. Let's say that you do 5 sets of bench press with 225lbs, and you can knock out 1-2 more reps on your last 2 sets; that leads to more growth. Also, say that improved endurance lets you do 5-10lbs more in the last few sets of your workout, that's also a good thing. I understand if you don't want to have to add extra sets to your workout because you have more endurance, but you don't have to. More endurance is a GOOD thing, I don't see an argument otherwise.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Has anyone used chaos and pains dmha caps? Same effect if I add caffeine? Was thinking of getting ignite to try and wanted to try dmha as well and saw they made caps

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Or I could get ignite and hyper max just thought with the dmha caps I could add it as needed. Just not sure if they have the same effect alone

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone used chaos and pains dmha caps? Same effect if I add caffeine? Was thinking of getting ignite to try and wanted to try dmha as well and saw they made caps
I have added them to other lower stim pre's. I have used 4 caps, 100mg, and I can't say I noticed a big difference. Maybe I need to go to 150mg?

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a big fan of the newer stims. I'd say Focus XT is a great way to go.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I have added them to other lower stim pre's. I have used 4 caps, 100mg, and I can't say I noticed a big difference. Maybe I need to go to 150mg?
Standalone or with caffeine? 100mg of DMAA is a lot, and I'd be surprised if you're not feeling anything with 100mg DMAA plus caffeine.

Iirc meso has like 50-70mg DMAA in it.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Standalone or with caffeine? 100mg of DMAA is a lot, and I'd be surprised if you're not feeling anything with 100mg DMAA plus caffeine.

Iirc meso has like 50-70mg DMAA in it.
He was asking about DMHA.