Tongkat Ali + Butea Superba

Jmw12393

Awards
I'm about to try Tongkat Ali and Butea Superba (Barlowe's brand). Just wondering if anyone has had any great experiences from them? I've had low T and DHT for a while now, and I've tried most other supplements and nothing has helped at all. Hoping these will help.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've never used either product solo, but I've used products containing Tongkat Ali and noticed an increase in libido. If you're looking at stacking these two products, I would also recommend checking out Alphamax XT. Alphamax XT contains longjack (an extract of Tongkat Ali) along with several other ingredients to help increase natural testosterone. It also contains a natural AI to limit cortisol and estrogen production.

Rather than stacking two single ingredients like Tongkat Ali and Butea Superba, Alphamax XT would provide you with a more complete natural test boosting profile along with other helpful ingredients with added benefits.

illuminatty

illuminatty

Awards
I've never used either product solo, but I've used products containing Tongkat Ali and noticed an increase in libido. If you're looking at stacking these two products, I would also recommend checking out Alphamax XT. Alphamax XT contains longjack (an extract of Tongkat Ali) along with several other ingredients to help increase natural testosterone. It also contains a natural AI to limit cortisol and estrogen production.

Rather than stacking two single ingredients like Tongkat Ali and Butea Superba, Alphamax XT would provide you with a more complete natural test boosting profile along with other helpful ingredients with added benefits.
Hi, I am 45 year old, veteran lifter with about 3.5 years under my belt. I am interested in boosting my testosterone profile as the benefits I have read in mens health magazine are very appealing to me. Now I have seen a lot of people talking about Alphamax XT after reviewing these forums for a little while. However another member, bigsmall said Follidrone v2 was much better than Alphamax XT so I am now quite confused. Can you please provide me with some information for or against either product. Many thankyou's in advance.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about to try Tongkat Ali and Butea Superba (Barlowe's brand). Just wondering if anyone has had any great experiences from them? I've had low T and DHT for a while now, and I've tried most other supplements and nothing has helped at all. Hoping these will help.
these will definitely help Barlowes Herbs are legit. And stacking Tongkat plus Butea will cover both bases
for test and dht. If you want a trifecta, you could add in BLR Letrone to lower estrogen, and boot GH.

Hi, I am 45 year old, veteran lifter with about 3.5 years under my belt. I am interested in boosting my testosterone profile as the benefits I have read in mens health magazine are very appealing to me. Now I have seen a lot of people talking about Alphamax XT after reviewing these forums for a little while. However another member, bigsmall said Follidrone v2 was much better than Alphamax XT so I am now quite confused. Can you please provide me with some information for or against either product. Many thankyou's in advance.
Follidrone 2.0 and Alphamax XT are completely different products. Alphamax is a hormone modulator to boost test
and lower estrogen, and Follidrone is a combination of Natural Anabolics and absorption enhances to help muscle growth,
and fat burning. Both are great products in their own right.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
vujade hit the nail on the head. Alphamax XT and Follidrone V2 are very different products. The profiles for eat are different, but both are solid products. If you're looking to increase natural test levels and increase libido, I think Alphamax XT would be a better choice. Follidrone 2.0 is an (-)-epi product which can help decrease myostatin which is geared more for muscle gain than improving natural hormone levels

Jmw12393

Awards
I just got my blood work done out of curiosity and it states I have a 630 testosterone level? It's a lot higher than what I anticipated. I don't have the normal sex drive as what a 22 year old should have. I also take 5000 ug vitamin D a day and it says I'm still very deficient.

Jmw12393

Awards
Double post but hoping tongkat Ali and butea Superba will help normalize things. As for diet for breakfast I make eggs with garlic/onion/cilantro. For lunch I usually get a whey shake with water and going to start cooking up some chicken and for dinner I'll have a baked potato and chicken.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got my blood work done out of curiosity and it states I have a 630 testosterone level? It's a lot higher than what I anticipated. I don't have the normal sex drive as what a 22 year old should have. I also take 5000 ug vitamin D a day and it says I'm still very deficient.
Tongkat ali can help with libido (studies and anecdotal experience). I haven't used the tongkat ali or butea from Barlowe's, but I have used some of their other stuff and was pleased with their quality and customer service. I've used other bulk sources of tongkat ali, as well as AlphaMax XT, and find that they all seem to give me a nice boost in libido. Vujade summed it up pretty well; both FD2 and AlphaMax XT are great products, but if hormone balance and libido are you primary concerns, AlphaMax XT is a good choice.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think tongkat and butea superba is a great combo...if it were me I would probably add a AI to prevent excess estrogen.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you say your testosterone levels are a lot higher than what you anticipated but you still have a low sex drive then there may be some underlying issues which you may want to identify. The fact you say you're deficient in vit D despite taking 5000iu daily would also be something to check out. I'm not sure if supps should be your first resort or would fix any underlying issues. Maybe you should get more fully checked or get full panel blood test. There could also be other things going on in your life eg stress, overwork, diet, lack of sleep etc, which could be contributors. Worth identifying possible root causes first. If you've tried plenty other supps I highly doubt those 2 you've mentioned would be a silver bullet to your issues

And your diet looks like you could add in a bit more fat, greens and, more variation, in general

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
...and if you've been married to the same woman for twenty years, hit up a strip club to check libido :D

illuminatty

illuminatty

Awards
I think tongkat and butea superba is a great combo...if it were me I would probably add a AI to prevent excess estrogen.
Hello can you explain to me what add an AI means. I am actually very confused from the previous posts other members have made, so both products are good? FD2 builds muscle AND burns fat! Why would i even bother with Alphamax XT if I can do that with FD2??!?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello can you explain to me what add an AI means. I am actually very confused from the previous posts other members have made, so both products are good? FD2 builds muscle AND burns fat! Why would i even bother with Alphamax XT if I can do that with FD2??!?
FD2 and AlphaMax XT contain different ingredients and work in different ways, so stacking the two could give you additional benefits. With that said, if you haven't ran them both already, I'd stick to one at a time to see how they treat you. Also, not everything stacks in a completely additive manner, as there is a point of diminishing returns with supplements. There are some people who really enjoyed running the two together though. Also, while both supplements can help improve body composition, and FD2 has been getting great reviews, I find that AlphaMax XT can help increase libido and reduce stress/anxiety. They're different supplements, and which one is better for you depends on what you're looking for, although they're both great supplements.

illuminatty

illuminatty

Awards
FD2 and AlphaMax XT contain different ingredients and work in different ways, so stacking the two could give you additional benefits. With that said, if you haven't ran them both already, I'd stick to one at a time to see how they treat you. Also, not everything stacks in a completely additive manner, as there is a point of diminishing returns with supplements. There are some people who really enjoyed running the two together though. Also, while both supplements can help improve body composition, and FD2 has been getting great reviews, I find that AlphaMax XT can help increase libido and reduce stress/anxiety. They're different supplements, and which one is better for you depends on what you're looking for, although they're both great supplements.
Im sorry I was asking the other member the question. You have also further confused me by not answering anything i asked in that post and did not give any direct answers. I do not want to spend my hard earned money I make on two things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
AI=aromatase inhibitor....any time you use anything that increases testosterone there is potential for conversion to estrogen, with tongkat and butea the amount of conversion to estrogen would probably be minimal, but I like to keep estrogen in check-that's just me!!!

i am going to give you some advice since you are new here...many of us on this forum are supplement junkies[myself included] and we use hundreds of dollars worth of supplements at a time---what you should do is google a product you are interested in and do as much research as possible before purchasing-and only use 1 or 2 'new' products at a time.

welcome to AM

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im sorry I was asking the other member the question. You have also further confused me by not answering anything i asked in that post and did not give any direct answers. I do not want to spend my hard earned money I make on two things.
Dude, you asked "I am actually very confused from the previous posts other members have made, so both products are good? FD2 builds muscle AND burns fat! Why would i even bother with Alphamax XT if I can do that with FD2??!?"

You asked if both products are good; I tried to help answer that. You asked why you'd bother with AlphaMax XT if FD2 helps build muscle and burn fat; I tried to help answer that. You seemed to start this thread mentioning that you were concerned with your testosterone levels and libido, which I find AlphaMax XT can help with. FD2 is a great product that can improve body composition (build muscle and reduce fat), but it's primary benefits do not really deal with testosterone and/or libido, although individual mileage may vary. Also, don't expect any natural testosterone booster to provide you with benefits associated with supraphysiological testosterone levels. What exactly are you looking for? An increase in testosterone in lab work? Increased libido? Improved body composition and/or strength? There are supplements that can improve body composition independent of increasing testosterone; it all depends on what your goals are.

Jmw12393

Awards
Day 1 of Butea Superba + Tongkat Ali. Things feel great, thinking a lot more clearer so far. Ive read these supplements work better with continued use. Butea Superba increases DHT so would that mean I would notice more facial/body hair growth from this? I wouldn't mind that. Now I've researched more about my Vitamin D issue. Vitamin D deficiency can cause a lot of issues in males regarding fatigue/testosterone levels/sex drive. It's strange though cause I take 5000ug a day and my test results say I'm at 22.0 ng/mL when the range is 30.0 - 100.0. Any ideas for that one?

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1 of Butea Superba + Tongkat Ali. Things feel great, thinking a lot more clearer so far. Ive read these supplements work better with continued use. Butea Superba increases DHT so would that mean I would notice more facial/body hair growth from this? I wouldn't mind that. Now I've researched more about my Vitamin D issue. Vitamin D deficiency can cause a lot of issues in males regarding fatigue/testosterone levels/sex drive. It's strange though cause I take 5000ug a day and my test results say I'm at 22.0 ng/mL when the range is 30.0 - 100.0. Any ideas for that one?
Day 1 Butea Superba + Tongkat Ali and feeling great, thinking clearer? Not sure any natty is going to have that much of an acute and profound effect. But that's just me. I'm a sceptic. I'm assuming you're using Barlowe's for both supps?

Jmw12393

Awards
Yes. Could be a placebo effect, but we'll see as the week goes on

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes. Could be a placebo effect, but we'll see as the week goes on
I am currently using butea superba for the 1st time. it took me about a week to really notice effects, if you felt it on day 1 wow, just wait until day 7.

btw-welcome to AM!!!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double post but hoping tongkat Ali and butea Superba will help normalize things. As for diet for breakfast I make eggs with garlic/onion/cilantro. For lunch I usually get a whey shake with water and going to start cooking up some chicken and for dinner I'll have a baked potato and chicken.
Hi there and welcome to AnabolicMinds!

I completely understand where you're coming from in wanting to use supplements to help your test/dht/libido. Barlowes Tongkat and Butea will likely have some effect and may help your libido. I would point out that any effects you're noticing after one day are likely placebo. It takes time for these herbs to elicit their benefits. Additionally, there are far better options, particularly for Tongkat, as Barlowes does not appear to be standardized for any extract(s), which means it's likely just ground up roots. I could give you some recommendations, but before that, we need to address diet, exercise, and sleep. Making sure these are dialed in will make by far the biggest difference in your testosterone/androgen production, sexual health, and health in general.

Diet
Do you know your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)? Do you track calories or macros (macronutrients: fat, protein, carbs)? From your quote above, it sounds like you may not be getting enough calories or fat, which is a death sentence for one's libido. I would start here: http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ This will give you a rough idea of your caloric requirements and even give you a suggested macro breakdown. You'll need to tweak it to your personal needs. If you're not gaining weight and want to, up the calories ~250kcal per day. If you're not losing weight and want to, reduce the calories ~250kcal per day. You may also wish to adjust the macronutrient ratios to incorporate more fat. Fats are crucial to optimal hormonal production.

I've found that a surprising amount of guys, especially those with libido issues, tend to under-eat and/or have low-fat diets. They're often surprised at how much better they feel once they start eating a proper amount of calories and fat.

Training
What's your workout plan like? Do you do resistance training? A mix of cardio and resistance training is essential to optimal hormonal health and testosterone/androgen production.

Sleep
How much sleep do you get per night? How would you descibe the quality of your sleep? Do you wake up tired/groggy each morning? I recommend most guys shoot for at least 7.5hours per night (~5 REM cycles), and use a free smartphone app to track their movement to get an idea of sleep quality. If you're not getting enough sleep or high-quality sleep, there are a lot of things you can do to remedy this which will result in literally life-changing benefits to mood/libido/health.

Once you have all these nailed down, then supplements can come into the picture. For optimizing test production and libido naturally, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better option than Test1fy by Olympus Labs. Olympus Labs uses the highest quality ingredients (often patented forms) and HPLC testing to ensure purity. For example, one ingredient you'll find in Test1fy is LJ100, a patented extract of Tongkat-Ali/Longjack standardized to 40% Glyco Saponins, 28% Eurypeptides, 30% Polysacharides, and .8% Eurycomanone.

I hope your experience with the Barlowes products is good, but if you really want to make sure you're doing everything you can to optimize your health, look into the advice I laid out above. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Wagner83

Awards
Day 1 Butea Superba + Tongkat Ali and feeling great, thinking clearer? Not sure any natty is going to have that much of an acute and profound effect. But that's just me. I'm a sceptic. I'm assuming you're using Barlowe's for both supps?
Could be dopamine related before the body develop a tolerance to such effects.

OP ucheoma and Lynks8 have given you great advice, take that into account before relying on supplements. Did you check bio available T, shbg, dht, E2 , thyroid hormones and prolactin/cortisol? It's difficult to make serious assumptions without bloodwork and more info on your background (diet, exercise , social life). Do you fap often?
Get out in the sun!

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ever had good results in terms of libido with cheap Butea from Swan... 3-4 caps a day, pretty nice.

Jmw12393

Awards
Called my Doctor today in regards to my vitamin D levels. I learned vitamin d can be a huge hit on my libido and testosterone levels and she wants to see me again since I take supplements for D daily. Sleep is good. Exercise is good. Eating habits could be better but I'm reworking a eating plan right now. Do any of you have experience with low D levels even though you're supplementing?

Jmw12393

Awards
Double post but could it be that vitamin d deficiency has the same symptoms of low T? Low sex drive, fatigue, brain fog, etc

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
low DHT can also cause low libido