Which Protein supplements are best for weight gaining.

risingpower2

Awards
Hi,

Can anyone suggest which protein supplements are best for bodybuilding.

619sss

Awards
Phosphatidic Acid (someone said it's cheap on sunflower lecithin but not sure)
Arachidonic Acid (X gels or factor)

Laxogenin
Epicatechin
Ecklonia Cava

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

For weight gaining, look for one with high calories. Dymatize has one with 1000+ calories per shake I believe. I can't think of the other one at the moment.

Most guys on here, including myself, add a couple tbsp olive oil and some oats to our regular protein shakes to make it high calorie instead of buying a mass gainer.

King4Dday

King4Dday

Awards
Look up fast gain 3000 I got good results from it

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

Most high calorie "mass gainer" supplements are loaded with maltodextrin and cheap carbs. My recommendation would be to buy a quality whey protein powder and add in your own carbs and fats. You can easily make your own 1000+ calorie shake by adding in oats, milk, peanut butter, and fruit with whey protein. It'll taste better and be cheaper in the long run

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Most high calorie "mass gainer" supplements are loaded with maltodextrin and cheap carbs. My recommendation would be to buy a quality whey protein powder and add in your own carbs and fats. You can easily make your own 1000+ calorie shake by adding in oats, milk, peanut butter, and fruit with whey protein. It'll taste better and be cheaper in the long run
This is what id recommend. Select protein, modern protein and a host of others are good options. Myprotein for a cheaper but not as tasty (IMO) option. Add in extras for your own blend of fat: carb ratio.

Iforce Mass Gainz is a good option if youre in a pinch

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There are tons of mass gainers out there but it will really depend on your overall diet and how many calories you're taking in each day. But for your case i would just look at the labels and find one with lots of calories in it if you're looking to put on some size.

jathan_howe

Awards
MyProtein Impact Whey is so cheap ($0.30 a serving, 200 servings, after coupon codes) that I drink three a day. Mixed with milk, I get about ~980 calories and ~100g of protein

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The best way is to build your own with a protein you like. Add olive or coconut oil, oats, bananas or peanut butter to up calorie content. You have better control over content that way.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phosphatidic Acid (someone said it's cheap on sunflower lecithin but not sure)
Arachidonic Acid (X gels or factor)

Laxogenin
Epicatechin
Ecklonia Cava
Proteins?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i force mass gainz is my favorite "weight gainer" protein powder

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I do a scoop of protein, 1.5 cups oatmeal, 2 cups milk, and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want a mass gainer, make your own. Use protein powder, milk, oatmeal, fruit, nut butters, etc. It is more cost effective and you can control the macros.

In terms of overall protein powder, if you stick with a reputable company, different powders won't make a difference. It will come down to your diet and if you're eating in a surplus or not.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good recommendations in here. Make your own with high-quality protein supps like Select/Modern-Protein. One I'm currently loving is 2 scoops Modern Protein Vanilla + a frozen banana + milk, cinnamon, dash of nutmeg + 2tbsp natty pb. If you want to up the cals, add some ice cream.

Iforce Mass Gainz is a good option if youre in a pinch
Yea. That one surprised me. A weight gainer with genuinely healthy carb sources. If someone absolutely needed a pre-made product, that would be my choice.