To Bobo--I was not allowed to send a PM, so...

Chip Douglas

Awards
Hi Bobo,

I'm 33 years old, have read some of your posting on here, and noticed that you were taking arginine/lysine possibly in hope of prompting your pituitary to release more GH. You mentioned that there are many studies that back this combo--I know of one that I could find on Pubmed, would you be so kind as to list a couple more, I'd be interested in reading it. Last but not least, it is known the the effects of GH, even rHGH take some time to happen, but as far as the Arg/lysine combo, which I think you've taken for quite some time now, what have you noticed in terms of benefits ?

Correct me if mistaken, but it was said that this combo will only be effective in young people up until round age 50, or perhaps a bit older if one is athletic. What do you think of glutamine--in the Welboune study (too bad it is the only one), age didn't not seem to affect the release of GH by glutamine--should you have any comment, I'd be glad to hear them....and I do not say this in an arrogant way, not at all, I ask you because I know that you know your stuff.

Thanks
Marc

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The PM thing is b/c you have to go to the top right hand corner of the page and donate $10. A small fee for the best resource on the net. Then they will make you grey, and you will be a board supporter. Board supporters get pm privileges.

That is about all I can help you with on this one.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Too many studies have not shown beneficial effects on glutamine for lifters.

As far as Arg/Lys, he's said the main benefit is fat burning. But that you do have to take it for a while before it begins to work. I don't know what time frame he was talking though.

Chip Douglas

Awards
Thanks for the tip guys.

As far as arginine/lysine, yup it's mostly about fat burning--however if this lipolysis phenomenon is owing to a GH and/or IGF-1 increase, then it means that it has other effects other than the fat burning--but not effects that will be beneficial to a bodybuilder though. I'm also seeking the skin benefits etc...of GH. Of course I'm also aware that the real thing is still unequaled, but it's be interesting to know if Bobo still uses that mixture, and if the long term use still is of benefits, because such GH release is in the long term tachyphylactic (that the body develops tolerance to it, and ceases to show any benefits).

Cheers

Chip Douglas

Awards
Come to think of it, there's also Hemogex that gets good reviews on 1Fast400. Comes to mind alpha GPC, which is cholinergic, and the cholinergic nervous system is known to be part of the meachanism through which GH is released. So far in the bodybuilding realm, Hemogex is one of t he best stack for GH I've seen, if not the best, and coincidentally it gets very good reviews. On most forums, it's kind hard to get the truth about this or that supplement--anabolicminds is one of the best I've fond to this day.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
The PM thing is b/c you have to go to the top right hand corner of the page and donate $10. A small fee for the best resource on the net. Then they will make you grey, and you will be a board supporter. Board supporters get pm privileges.

That is about all I can help you with on this one.
If you become a "grey" member, just remember it's not like being a "grey" supplement. You won't increase your likelihood of being banned, unless you forget to read the rules and post things which are on the "Bobo no-no" list. Anyway, welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

Chip Douglas

Awards
Thanks Milwood--usually I'm science minded, thus I only want to use those things or supps. that truly work. Of course my query regarding arginine/lysine combo, is because I haven't met *reliable* individuals who could provide me with first-hand account on this. Bobo it appears is a highly trustworthy fellow. I've read many of his post, and he's more than legit in my eyes--there should be more like him on the web.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hemogex is really, really expensive. I think it'd be better to get real IGF-1 from IBE than that stuff.