Supplements for sweating

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has anyone stopped excessive sweating with supplements? I've been reading and I saw Sage caps have worked for some people. My feet and armpits sweat like crazy, no matter what. Even in the winter, I can be freezing but I'll have giant sweat stains under my armpits. My feet aren't a huge deal because no one can see that, I have been spraying rubbing alcohol on my shoes and feet to stop the smell.

I've recently gone to the doctor and gotten blood work to check a few things to try and rule out Hyperhidrosis, but I'm thinking that's what it is since its been like that forever. I've tried Certain Dry multiple times without any luck. I'm hoping I can just get Botox injections in my armpits but that'll be a few weeks down the road at the least, if it'll even happen.

Classes start tomorrow and I'll have to do a lot of walking from class to class and being in the Midwest where it's so hot and humid, I'm going to have to have a shirt to change into between classes so the sweat stains aren't so obvious.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you use antiperspirant deodorant ? :D
Yes.. Lol I've tried deodorant with and without Antiperspirant and no deodorant at all. Deodorant at night and not in the morning.. Turning the shower water to cold before getting out.

I've just been buying dark colored shirts to hide the sweat but that only leaves me black and grey basically, and it's still uncomfortable to have a wet shirt lol I've tried everything it seems like!

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Have you had you Test levels checked? Sweating like that is often a symptom of low T

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you had you Test levels checked? Sweating like that is often a symptom of low T
I actually just got total and free test blood work taken on Friday. It will be a few days to get the results because they have to send the free test out of state.

Jakey

Awards
I have the same problem, made incredibly worse by Citalopram. :(

masterpiter

Awards
Same problem here, i m sweating like crazy, tho mostly on my head.
Not sure u can do much, as its ur body trying to regulate the body inside temp,
but it can be a medical condition.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suffer from hyperhydrosis bro. I used certain dry otc, when that stopped working I used drysol which is the prescription stronger version of certain dry. Then when that stopped, I did Botox injections in my arm pits for years. It's a pain in the ass with insurance companies.

Botox may stop armpit sweating, but your body will respond by increasing sweat product in other areas. For me, Lower back and groin.

I'd highly consider asking your doctor for a trial run of an anticholinergic medication which are proven to decrease overall sweating. Cogentin and Cyproheptadine are two very solid, minimal side effect medications to treat excessive sweating whether natural or drug induced.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I actually had a doctor tell me I had hyperhidrosis when I was 17. I just deal with it. Everyone on my dads side has the same problem.

Careful what you do To cease it. Your body is sweating to cool down. Messing with that balance could generate more problems.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is part was typically due to high estrogen levels- which are often found with low test levels. Also, low progesterone levels that are associated.

Ever go out for a bender and the next day or two just sweating out everything? It's partly associated with the hormone imbalance that occurs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I actually had a doctor tell me I had hyperhidrosis when I was 17. I just deal with it. Everyone on my dads side has the same problem.

Careful what you do To cease it. Your body is sweating to cool down. Messing with that balance could generate more problems.
Very true, although I find this more of an issue with medications like topamax to decrease sweating rather than anticholinergics like listed above. With true hyperhydrosis whether that be medication induced or natural, you shouldn't run into that issue with anticholinergics. It will not completely stop sweating, rather just make you more normal.

Excessive sweating is not safe by any means either. I had a much harder time balancing serum electrolytes when I would sweat like a beast.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I suffer from hyperhydrosis bro. I used certain dry otc, when that stopped working I used drysol which is the prescription stronger version of certain dry. Then when that stopped, I did Botox injections in my arm pits for years. It's a pain in the ass with insurance companies.

Botox may stop armpit sweating, but your body will respond by increasing sweat product in other areas. For me, Lower back and groin.

I'd highly consider asking your doctor for a trial run of an anticholinergic medication which are proven to decrease overall sweating. Cogentin and Cyproheptadine are two very solid, minimal side effect medications to treat excessive sweating whether natural or drug induced.
I'll definitely mention these when I see him again for the blood work results. It's my armpits and feet that sweat nonstop. Thank you.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deoderant+Gold Bond powder

I don't sweat though. Could go without deoderant if I wanted. Gold Bond keeps my lower region dry when work temps get too hot.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll definitely mention these when I see him again for the blood work results. It's my armpits and feet that sweat nonstop. Thank you.
If it's just your arm pits, ask for the prescription drysol. If that doesn't work, start fighting with ur insurance company about approving Botox. Say things like the water lost in sweat makes me feel dehydrated, tired, weak, constipated, light headed, etc.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deoderant+Gold Bond powder

I don't sweat though. Could go without deoderant if I wanted. Gold Bond keeps my lower region dry when work temps get too hot.
Lol that doesn't work for hyperhydrosis bro

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol that doesn't work for hyperhydrosis bro
I dont sweat. Just my lower region gets moist from wearing chef pants in a hot ass kitchen during the summer. I really have no clue on the subject.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If it's just your arm pits, ask for the prescription drysol. If that doesn't work, start fighting with ur insurance company about approving Botox. Say things like the water lost in sweat makes me feel dehydrated, tired, weak, constipated, light headed, etc.
There is a product on Amazon called DriClor with the same actives as Drysol. 20% Aluminum Chloride Hexahydrate. I'm not sure about it though, because if its prevarication only for the Drysol, why can they sell the other brand on Amazon?

It's Amazon prime so I can return it no problem if it doesn't work right, but I still feel a little skeptical.

sareea

Awards
rascal14
I don't know if anyone have mentioned this, try cutting all your thermogenic/stimulant/hydro/vasodilators supplements for a while, take only protein and clean aminos, don't worry you won't loose your gains :D You will only loose some pump :D

And how much coffee do you drink ? or JERBA MATE :D
And have you ever been on a cycle ?

Also, you didn't update us about your blood work. Or did I miss it ?

Rbarr1

Awards
If it's really that bad you could probably find a doctor to write you a script for glycopyrrolate, an anticholinergic that's used off-label for sweating

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
rascal14
I don't know if anyone have mentioned this, try cutting all your thermogenic/stimulant/hydro/vasodilators supplements for a while, take only protein and clean aminos, don't worry you won't loose your gains :D You will only loose some pump :D

And how much coffee do you drink ? or JERBA MATE :D
And have you ever been on a cycle ?

Also, you didn't update us about your blood work. Or did I miss it ?
I drink a few cups a morning most days, no real stimulants other than that lately. I haven't had any coffee this past week though.

I'm still waiting on my blood work, it should be available today or Monday.

Heavychevss

Awards
Drysol- RX only in US or over the counter in Canada. Not expensive and it works period...if the Amazon product has same active ingredient it should work as well.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The doctor called back today but I missed the call because I was in class. I'll have to call back Monday, he said everything looks good in the labs but he does have one things he wants to discuss. Im not sure what it could be. I'll try and get my free and total test numbers still, because I know doctors think anything within "range" is normal.

oldave

oldave

Awards
I've noticed when my hematocrit is high I sweat like a pig, something to consider..

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's really that bad you could probably find a doctor to write you a script for glycopyrrolate, an anticholinergic that's used off-label for sweating
I have not really seen glyco prescribed for sweating, rather excessive secretions but it could work im sure.

pbandy1

Awards
Definitely interested to see the blood results. While we wait, here's my opinion on possibles causes.

Low free test (maybe due to high E2, who knows) is a definite cause.

It would be good to see other blood work, such as TSH, T3, T4, etc... just to rule out hyperthyroidism / Graves disease.

You cut out coffee for now, that is good to at least make sure that caffeine isn't causing the sweating. You aren't taking any other possible suspect supps correct? I.e. ALCAR, Alpha-gpc, etc.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely interested to see the blood results. While we wait, here's my opinion on possibles causes.

Low free test (maybe due to high E2, who knows) is a definite cause.

It would be good to see other blood work, such as TSH, T3, T4, etc... just to rule out hyperthyroidism / Graves disease.

You cut out coffee for now, that is good to at least make sure that caffeine isn't causing the sweating. You aren't taking any other possible suspect supps correct? I.e. ALCAR, Alpha-gpc, etc.
He said all blood work was normal.. Didn't give me any numbers though. I'm seeing him again Tuesday so hopefully I can get them.

I'm not taking any other supplements.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do take Focus XT every once in a while now, but I don't necessarily notice any extra sweating when using it. But, I've had this issue for years before I ever started lifting or using any kind of supplement.

Obviously in Oklahoma it is hot and humid out and so some sweating is normal, but it seems like I'm the only one I ever see that has pit stains, whether it be 90 degrees out or 0 degrees outside. My feet sweat really bad as well and in turn causes my shows to smell awful after a few days, but I spray them down with alcohol to help prevent that. Also, I have always had really clammy and sweaty palms.. the feet and palms I can deal with, but the armpits I'd like to get rid of because its the most embarrassing.

With the Anticholinergic's how does that effect things like Focus XT and other Nootropic supplements? Do they have any significant side effects when used for hyperhidrosis? If so, I may just try and push for the Botox in the armpits if I can get insurance to since that is my main concern.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry for such a long post, I'm trying to figure this out lol

I've been looking.. I have access to Cyproheptadine for dirt cheap and also another very common one that I've been seeing is Oxybutynin and I can also purchase that from my source if the doctor isn't willing to work with me on this.

I have decided to try an Anticholinergic to stop the sweating, since it's also bad in my hands and feet.

One thing, the Cyproheptadine is marketed as an antihistamine? Does this have any affect on Choline still?

I'm still worried about the possible lack of focus and mental fog that may come with these drugs. Being in college I can't really have that.

How would this affect me, and now would certain Nootropics and pre workouts affect the capability of the drug? If I take something like Alpha GPC, would the Anticholinergic no longer help sweating, would the Alpha GPC not work, or would they both do their thing and not interfere, which I feel is unlikely. But I'm also not good with this kind of stuff.

criticalbench kisaj muscleupcrohn

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a product on Amazon called DriClor with the same actives as Drysol. 20% Aluminum Chloride Hexahydrate. I'm not sure about it though, because if its prevarication only for the Drysol, why can they sell the other brand on Amazon?

It's Amazon prime so I can return it no problem if it doesn't work right, but I still feel a little skeptical.
Driclor is what we have over here in australia mate. works for me.

as others have said though you block one sweating area and it increases in others.

curious if anyone else has had success with sage.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The two most common medications I'm finding for Hyperhidrosis are Glycopyrrolate and Oxybutynin.

From what I've read so far Glycopyrrolate doesn't cross the BBB and Oxybutynin does, so Glycopyrrolate may have less side effects? I haven't seen much on Benzotropine or Cyproheptadine being used though.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Total test 517 ng/dL 250-1100 range
Free test 90 pg/mL 35-155 range
TSH 1.05 mIU/L .40-4.50 range

I have other CBC, but platelets, lipids, and stuff if anyone's interested.

He gave me a prescription for Propantheline to try out for the sweating. They drew blood for b12 today to see if that may be why I'm tired during the day.