Anyone else get testicle pain from boron?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took boron in the past at 10mg and had some hot flashes, but it helped with my joints. So, I decided to try 3mg and it did help my wrists(mild arthritis), but ever so often, my testicles felt weird, like pulsating feeling. I didn't think much of it, until I started having pain. After figuring out it was probably the boron, I stopped taking it. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still having pain. Anyone else have a problem like this? I have an appointment with the doctor next month, but trying to bump it up.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't heard of this problem but maybe someone who has will chime in.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't boron in some testosterone boosters? OP, are you taking a test booster with boron?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will lead with...I'm a single person so that doesn't determine efficacy.

Before and after blood draws showed no change in free, Total T, and Estrogen...

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: Saw the doc and she couldn't find anything. I'm going for an ultra-sound in two days. I read online someone has a similar problem and they took phosphorus acid and that solved the problem. That seems like it would cause other issues..They went on to state that boron can interfere with calcium and cause blockages from the boron try to get rid of excess calcium. Does any of that sound accurate?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Let's run the math though-you were having pain, you thought it was boron, you stopped boron, you still have pain. . .after THREE WEEKS.
Not simple perhaps, but I think you may (as you often do, based off of your other threads) be majoring in the minors. I think you might want to look elsewhere than the trace minerals you are supplementing

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things aren't always that simple. Dosage, the form of the mineral taken, how it interacts with other minerals, ect.
Vey very valid point. As for orginal question i dont think its causing your pain. Intermittent testicle pain is quite common, and can have hundreds of causes, most of which arent anything to worry about. Reason i know this is this what ive been told from a urologist, endocrinologist, and family doctor that ive all gone to about my testicle pain.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are other things you can use for joint issues. Stuff like cissus Xt can help from SNS. In bulk it works well.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you taking boron, curious.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, so I had an ultrasound and this is the result:
T1_zpsyvnk8f45.jpg

I read that these cysts can go away on their own. I hope that's the case. The pain has been less as of late.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will lead with...I'm a single person so that doesn't determine efficacy.

Before and after blood draws showed no change in free, Total T, and Estrogen...
Confusing post! Some context would have been good. Did you take and test for boron yourself or are you referring to results of other testing or research?