nootropic question

1. nootropic question

What nootropic worked the best for you? The reason I'm asking is because I decided to take a bunch of summer classes, and well....ephedrine isn't working like it use to. Thanks!

2. Acetyl L carnitine is your best bet for all around mental and physical goodness. Stack it with some alpha lipoic acid, vinpocetine and maybe some piracetam and you'll be a scholastic power house.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Acetyl L carnitine is your best bet for all around mental and physical goodness. Stack it with some alpha lipoic acid, vinpocetine and maybe some piracetam and you'll be a scholastic power house.
    Thats a lot of stuff. Is there anything that can be ran solo and still make me a scholastic power house?
    •   

4. From personal experience I would say just be careful with the nootropics. Using anything that noticably increases cognitive ability and memory can lead to a kind of dependence where you feel like you need the stuff whenever you're studying/test-taking/etc. Studying without it suddenly becomes a bigger pain than ever.

5. Quote Originally Posted by strongurche
    From personal experience I would say just be careful with the nootropics. Using anything that noticably increases cognitive ability and memory can lead to a kind of dependence where you feel like you need the stuff whenever you're studying/test-taking/etc. Studying without it suddenly becomes a bigger pain than ever.
    Yeah I know. But I'm not too worried. I don't really have an addictive personality. I started chewing when I was 18. Chewed for a couple of months then quit cold turkey. No withdrawals or anything. Thanks for the heads up bro.

6. Acetyl L carnitine is probably the best bet for a solo noot. It's really much more than a noot and you can read more about it in the Anarchy Stack thread at the top of the supps categorey.

Addicting is a pretty strong word. Somewhat habit forming perhaps but if the habit is healthy then why disparage it? At least that's how I look at it.

7. After reading the ALCAR sticky I have to give the stuff a try. Thanks for the recomendation bioman.

8. One more question. I decided to stack the ALCAR with vinocetine. Would there be any benefit if I added some L-tyrosine in there?

9. I take L-tyrosine, A-GPC, ALCAR, and caffine before any type of studying. I love L-tyrosine because it just puts me in a great mood. Also works synergistically with caffine. I drop 2g tyrosine with 100-200mg caffine. Throw in ALCAR and A-GPC (if you got some lying around) and your just about ready for anything. Hoo-rah for tyrosine.

10. Alright here's a stupid question. Please don't flame me. I don't have one of those ultra sensitive scales, or a capping machine. So how do I take these? What can I mix them up with so that the dosages are fairly accurate? I did a search, but didn't find anything. Thanks.

11. Just buy some GO. It has choline and ALCAR in it.

12. My stuff already came in the mail today. So I might as well use what I have.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM
  2. Nootropics help/question
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 12:42 AM
  3. Non-responder to stimulants/nootropics Question?
    By Cerberus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 07:16 PM
  4. Question about T-1 Pro??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 05:07 PM