Finally tried my Biotest Spike sample. Not good

RSX-S

Board Supporter
Awards
I posted this on BB.com. And wanted to share it over here too, in case none of you go over to that forum.

Ok, I'm not the biggest poster in the world, but I feel I really need to put this on the board.

I recieved my free sample about a week ago. Beautiful packaging, bottle, and everything. Very well thought out sample.

So today, I had the day off of work and had a bunch of things I needed to do. I'm a seasoned ephedra/caffeine/yohimbe/Redline RTD consumer. I never had a problem with any of those.

I took 2 pills of Spike figuring I'm pretty used to stimulants. About 1 or 2 hours after ingestion I started feeling nausious, went up stairs and laid down. It was all downhill after that. I was freezing cold, shivers, fever, headache, muscle aches. It felt like I had come down with a severe flu. It was HORRIBLE. I haven't been sick in about 2 years. But, soon after ingestion I felt awful. I tried to stand up and immeditatly had to lay back down. I didn't get up to check my temperature, but it was easily over 100*F.

I took the sample at about 2 o'clock, and finally I'm starting to feel a little bit better, and it's 8 o'clock. Maybe my reaction to this was unusual, but I just wanted to let everyone know about my experience.

So, if anyone does try it, definately only take 1, and hope that this doesn't happen to you.

Sorry about my rant, but I have to let everyone know about this.

animalfan

Board Supporter
Awards
thanks for the heads up, i was gonna take my sample tomorrow. i would've used two pills like you did. guess i'll try one and hope for the best...

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jesus, I haven't even gotten my samples yet, but I think I'll just trash them now. I've seen probably 20+ reports of similar reactions. I haven't heard of anyone having those problems with bulk sulbutiamine, I wonder what the hell the deal is?? Any reports like this popping up on the spike forum? I doubt it...

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
There are several reports of this at Avant. Yet, very few people are having any trouble with straight sulbutiamine. Makes me wonder what else Biotest stuck in there.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've got a sample coming, thanks for the report. I'll try one at a time.

BifWebster

Awards
I got my samples... this stuff did absolutley nothing for me. Oh well, it was free. Makes me wonder why they'd spend all that money sending away a ineffective product.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I have been using Spike on and off for several months. I started with one pill a day as biotest recommended. Like others here, I have used many stimulants. For me Spike beat them all hands down. It is clean - no foggy brain effect, and I never developed a tolerance to it. Several of my friends have use it and report the same. However, I did read some posts on the biotest thread to the contrary. Apparently a small percentage of users have no reation to it at all.

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Stuff gave me chest pains and not much else. thumbs down.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, what else in it in besides caffeine? I know the label is proprietary, but if this many people are getting sick, there is defiantly something else to it.

RSX-S

Board Supporter
Awards
Seriously, what else in it in besides caffeine? I know the label is proprietary, but if this many people are getting sick, there is defiantly something else to it.
I don't know, but whatever it is, they need to take it out of their formula fast.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I tried the sample and received absolutely no effects at all - which is a good thing I guess :blink:

sholiz

Awards
It did nothing for me, and I took 2. I took one, nothing. Next time I took it, took 2 and still felt nothing.

Did nothing to or for me, the 2 times I took stimulants before I took around 600mg of caffeine and all I got was mild vascularity, another time was Ephedrine and Caffeine with Asprin and I felt a little more 'energy' but less ability to concentrate to say, had a hard time focusing on my workout.

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
I got the same exact feeling you did when I first took 2 pills...I hated it so much I tried it the next day :D. It didn't do the same thing..no chills, nausea, just slight energy/focus. I ordered two samples, and its been about 2 weeks since I got the chills, etc..but I'm scared to take it again, for fear of another 'breakout'.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I did get a slight boost in energym but then after two or three hours I would get a foggy brain and cannot focus. I tried using it to help me stay up and study.I could not study as much as I normally could because of this feeling.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
i had the same horrible reaction. i finally caved in and got some xanax to reduce all the **** physical reactions.

something else in there that reacted with me or other supps im on. it felt like a Yhcl OD. i still have the rest of the pills but this is probably the only supplement im afraid to try again.(and id do freakin UA/SU again if i find it that is....)

i think biotest owes us an apology or at least a warning on possible reactions to whatever is in.

on a side note, i tried ergopharm's AMP(first samples ever out) and though it didnt do much, i loved it. i had a feeling i needed twice that dose, now that was a promising product!

laz

Board Sponsor
Awards
i had the same horrible reaction. i finally caved in and got some xanax to reduce all the **** physical reactions.

something else in there that reacted with me or other supps im on. it felt like a Yhcl OD. i still have the rest of the pills but this is probably the only supplement im afraid to try again.(and id do freakin UA/SU again if i find it that is....)

i think biotest owes us an apology or at least a warning on possible reactions to whatever is in.

on a side note, i tried ergopharm's AMP(first samples ever out) and though it didnt do much, i loved it. i had a feeling i needed twice that dose, now that was a promising product!
Yeah that **** almost put me in the hospital!

Stormrider

Awards
I tried Spike for the second time today and did not notice anything. At least I didn't have to pay anything to realize it doesn't work! :lol:

artica

Awards
i took it and i liked.

I train early 5am. I would wake up at 4:20am and take 2. By 5am Im wide awake and can't wait to get in the gym. I liked it a lot, I think it works great.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
ive been waiting almost 3 months for my free smaple f them