a very good fish oil and multivitamin supplement recommendation?

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
Hi ,
Can anyone recommend a good fish oil product please? I would like to have the least number of pills as possible, one pill would be the best.
Also is liquid fish oil better than pills ?
I have been taking controlled labs oxiomega 2 caps daily for a very long time now. Though id change but if its the best ill continue.

Also a good multivitamin recommendation? Been taking optimen 2 caps. I actually would prefer a single cap to be honest or like a powder which you can mix in water and which has good taste.
Btw , i used to drink ecodrink multivitamin which you can buy from costco. Its a powder which you can mix with water and tastes very good . I would sip it during workouts. It was really good!

Also does fish oil help reduce joint pain?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Multivitamin - orange triad by controlled labs.

Fish oil does assist in joint pain. However, if you are looking for what truly works and what is geared to joint pain, then look into SNS JOINT SUPPORT XT and SNS CISSUS XT. I have personally Ben using both products for the past 3 months and results were noticeable within the first week. I continue to run and lift daily and my joints feel great.

Both products are tried and true and are highly recommended on this forum.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Controlled labs vitamins are ok but an overkill, there are better joint supplements out there such as pes genoflex....Stick with Optimen, two pills are more than enough.

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
controlled labs multi pills are big and having tried them in the past, i dont feel very comfortable swallowing multiple pills that size.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
controlled labs multi pills are big and having tried them in the past, i dont feel very comfortable swallowing multiple pills that size.
check out Health IQ from controlled labs. It is just 3 pills but doesn't include the joint complex that orange triad does. Alternatively you ca use orange triad+greens powder (the taste portion is very subjective, but to me it does taste like a vitamin drink for sure)

fish oil from SNS and Controlled Labs are quality and good to take!
As for joint support, if you want the least pills look at Cissus Xt / Joint Support from SNS, or Genoflex from PES, or even maybe Joint Help from iForce

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Get OT Powder instead of the pills if that is easier for you
Oximega is the best bang for your buck for fishoils. no need to change that at all
For joint support --> Cissus, Elastamine (both bulk powders) which you could dilute in a pre/intra/post workout beverage or look into Scivation Flexatril which gets a ton of great feedback on these boards for joint support.

The beauty of Orange Triad as a multi it does offer joint help in addition to the multi. You really cannot go wrong with Controlled Labs for your essentials.
Plus you can use the CL Labels, collect them, and trade them in for free products in the future.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
For an affordable, well rounded, multi I like LEF 2 Per Day Capsules. I have not looked at powdered multis in a while but Anavite used to be a a very nice option but it looks like ti may have changed a bit recently.

For fish oil I prefer Nordic Naturals but will be switching to Legion's new Trition. I do not think you will find a fish oil where one cap will provide adequate amounts of EPH/DHA. A liquid might be a good choice considering your preferences.

Myrmidon

Myrmidon

Awards
A big fan of just eating lots of variety to get my vitamins and minerals. Nordic naturals is the go to fish oil for me as well. Looks like that Triton is a great value for quality though, I'll have to give those a spin.

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
Without a doubt Controlled Labs Orange Triad + Greens powder for multivitamin. Controlled Labs Oximega Orange for fish oil.

Fish oil can help with joints. There's also a pretty standard joint support in Orange Triad.

But for joints: Joint Support XT and Cissus XT both by SNS.

All four of these supplements are in my opinion a must have for overall health. I cannot be without them.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
people have seemingly long forgotten dinoii's ACES recommendation on the forums it seems.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Get OT Powder instead of the pills if that is easier for you
Oximega is the best bang for your buck for fishoils. no need to change that at all
For joint support --> Cissus, Elastamine (both bulk powders) which you could dilute in a pre/intra/post workout beverage or look into Scivation Flexatril which gets a ton of great feedback on these boards for joint support.

The beauty of Orange Triad as a multi it does offer joint help in addition to the multi. You really cannot go wrong with Controlled Labs for your essentials.
Plus you can use the CL Labels, collect them, and trade them in for free products in the future.
Good recommendation from this guy. ;)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Best multi and most cost efficient is source naturals life force. Huge ingredient list, great dosages. And at around 24 bucks for 180 tabs you get 90 servings a bottle. I personally take double that so 45 days. But with ingredients like n ala nac hawthorne berry plus many others it fits alot of different regimens.

Fish oil i would say just dont go cheap.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Best multi and most cost efficient is source naturals life force. Huge ingredient list, great dosages. And at around 24 bucks for 180 tabs you get 90 servings a bottle. I personally take double that so 45 days. But with ingredients like n ala nac hawthorne berry plus many others it fits alot of different regimens.

Fish oil i would say just dont go cheap.
why would you go cheap on something that provides an entire complex of nutrient sources for your entire body and not fish oil? i mean, i wouldnt go cheap on a fish oil either.

the best advice on this subject was given almost a decade ago and science hasnt really changed it stance since then. i dont think life force is bad, just certainly not something id double dose just based on the logic of getting more of all the smaller dosed (albeit great blend of many good things) random ingredients in it, while still arguably not achieving efficacious dosing of said ingredients, and getting high doses of stuff you likely dont want e.g. iodine. large doses of certain forms of vitamins isnt something id want.

although im always welcome to be being corrected, srs.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with Kirkland multi? I think those are super cheap. Recently Ive only been taking their B complex because my diet is fairly high in micronutrients. As for fish oil I don't know why people would rate Oxiomega higher than nature's bounty concentrated version. Am I missing something here?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm a big fan of Flexible from Formutech..has done wonders for this 50 yr. old guy

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd recommend Gaspari Anavite powder as it has chelated minerals and beta alanine, etc

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
I'd recommend Gaspari Anavite powder as it has chelated minerals and beta alanine, etc
Anavite is great! Used it for the longest time, because I prefer taking BA spread through the day, along with L-carnitine. Though I never used the powder just for ease of transport as I'd do 2/2/2 per meal and I am often not home for lunch and dinner. Past few times I tried to order the pills at nutriverse they were out sadly, so went to OT.