Places for blood tests?

M

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Didn't know what forum to post this in and I also realize it has been posted before (but too many threads come up on a search) but where are some good sites for blood work without prescription?

If this is considered a source post then just don't respond and I will get the hint.

W

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
You don't need a prescription to get blood work done, hell you don't even need medical insurance but you better be willing to pay up the excessive fees. If you have health insurance, just go into your normal physician's office and get a physical/blood work done. Be aware that most blood work only includes white/red blood cell, liver enzyme, and thyroid levels (among some others). If you need test levels checked you have to specifically ask for that, and yes there are additional costs. Now, if I misread this and after re-reading I think I might, it looks like your looking to send in remote blood samples to get HRT. There are some docs out there that to my knowledge are not made publicly known on the board that will do remote location HRT scripts with blood samples being mailed in. I don't personally know of any docs that do this. I know in the past that a few bros had consulted a remote physicians, but at this point I don't think anything like that this is spread around on message boards.

M

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info guys. i should have been more clear in my original post. I am actually looking for a place where I can get blood work done without a doctor's script and for the lowest cost possible. My reason is not for HRT (well not Test HRT). I have a long standing history of depression and I am always on SSRIs etc. which really don't work all that well. My last cutting cycle (no androgens) included Trimax at 3 caps per day and Phenogen, and HEAT. Now I have used the Trimax before but at a hights doseage of 2 caps per day and I have never used the HEAT or Phenogen. During the cutter my mood was so drastically improved that it was like I was a new person. Since stopping the cutter though my mood has deteriorated.

I am also on Synthroid for hypothyroidism but this never seems to completely fix the symptoms of hypothyroidism nor depression though my TSH levels are now low (indicating sufficient replacement).

My thought is that the high level of Trimax actually caused an increase in free T3 instead of my usual supplemental T4 which contributed to the great improvement in mood and energy. I had read before in a post that someone here had Trimax bloodwork done and showed a great increase in T3 I can only suspect from product inhibition of breakdown of T3 (not sure of mechanism).

So my plan is to get a total Thyroid panel done prior to starting any Trimax and while on my Synthroid, rate my mood, get bloodwork done during a Trimax cycle and rate mood, and then after and rate mood. If I can directly relate an increase in mood to an increase in T3 (independent of T4) then I will approach my Doctor about including a small amount of T3 throughout the day like 5mcgs 3X per day with the T4 or a switch to natural combination like Armour.

Anyway the gist of this is I am really trying to get the best price on the blood work since I don't think the Doc will sponsor this and I also don't think insurance will pay for it without a Doc's order. The most expensive test out of all of this appears to be the Free T3. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The site I posted does not require a doctor's script. They provide a generic script (lab test request form) generated and authorized by a Dr. or designie. You submit a request via a call, or on-line, they send you all the pertinent forms and information. You go to the lab and get the blood draw. They return the results to you in ~48hrs. End of story.

As far as cost goes...you'll have to research further. Likely, I suspect they are all competetive.

T

the Cardinal

Awards
Didn't know what forum to post this in and I also realize it has been posted before (but too many threads come up on a search) but where are some good sites for blood work without prescription?

If this is considered a source post then just don't respond and I will get the hint.
LEF. From April - June, there are big discounts for members. For non-members, the prices are still competitive.
http://www.lef.org/BloodTest/?source=HomeTopBanner

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Bump, on what B5150 said. I've used that company twice now and they are the best.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bump, on what B5150 said. I've used that company twice now and they are the best.
Dmitri what test did you get done, exactly? I'm planning on using these guys after PCT as I've heard good things about them and I'm confused on what tests I should get done... The ones I was thinking at this point are lipids and liver profile???

S

stinkfist

Awards
Dmitri what test did you get done, exactly? I'm planning on using these guys after PCT as I've heard good things about them and I'm confused on what tests I should get done... The ones I was thinking at this point are lipids and liver profile???
Interested in this as well.

B

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Do any of you guys have experience with Lab-Safe.com? Prices seem good:

Anti-Aging Level 1 Package

Testosterone: Free & Total
Estradiol
IGF-1
Complete Blood Count
Cholesterol Profile
Fundamental Metabolic Panel
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
Thyroid Profile

$195.00

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info guys. i should have been more clear in my original post. I am actually looking for a place where I can get blood work done without a doctor's script and for the lowest cost possible. My reason is not for HRT (well not Test HRT). I have a long standing history of depression and I am always on SSRIs etc. which really don't work all that well. My last cutting cycle (no androgens) included Trimax at 3 caps per day and Phenogen, and HEAT. Now I have used the Trimax before but at a hights doseage of 2 caps per day and I have never used the HEAT or Phenogen. During the cutter my mood was so drastically improved that it was like I was a new person. Since stopping the cutter though my mood has deteriorated.

I am also on Synthroid for hypothyroidism but this never seems to completely fix the symptoms of hypothyroidism nor depression though my TSH levels are now low (indicating sufficient replacement).

My thought is that the high level of Trimax actually caused an increase in free T3 instead of my usual supplemental T4 which contributed to the great improvement in mood and energy. I had read before in a post that someone here had Trimax bloodwork done and showed a great increase in T3 I can only suspect from product inhibition of breakdown of T3 (not sure of mechanism).

So my plan is to get a total Thyroid panel done prior to starting any Trimax and while on my Synthroid, rate my mood, get bloodwork done during a Trimax cycle and rate mood, and then after and rate mood. If I can directly relate an increase in mood to an increase in T3 (independent of T4) then I will approach my Doctor about including a small amount of T3 throughout the day like 5mcgs 3X per day with the T4 or a switch to natural combination like Armour.

Anyway the gist of this is I am really trying to get the best price on the blood work since I don't think the Doc will sponsor this and I also don't think insurance will pay for it without a Doc's order. The most expensive test out of all of this appears to be the Free T3. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
A bit off topic but I have read a bit here and there on thyroid. I would say that TSH being in range is a pretty old school way of determining thyroid efficiency. In addition many labs still use the old ref ranges which off the top of my head for TSH are like .35 to 5.5. The range was changed to .35 to 3 quite some time ago and most labs and docs dont even know that. In addition free t3 and t4 should be considered. Lastly the patients subjective feeling should be taken into consideration when determining dosage as long as its kept within range.