Supplementing for overtraining?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
As important as taking a day off is for the body etc., are there ways to maximize the "overeaching" or healthy period of training before you need a good time off to avoid overtraining? I was thinking HMB, KSM-66, lowering stims, on point with pre/intra/post workout nutrition? The reason I ask this is because sometimes events happen at the right time that force you to take a good break from the gym, how can the training in between these times be maximized?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No on HMB unfortunately the studies performed at Tampa are flawed

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll post more a little later on the rest. Getting my haircut lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a good natural anabolic supp can help maximize training during this time but in general a break is a break so I will even just cut out supplements and trying when i take a break and then get back on the wagon after the break.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I'll post more a little later on the rest. Getting my haircut lol
Yeah id be interested, considering people have been using hmb for decades right? What exactly about this study?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Yeah id be interested, considering people have been using hmb for decades right? What exactly about this study?
he meant the new HMB-FA. Have you thought about using natural anabolics, and if so have you used any before (Alphamax/anabeta/-epi)?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
he meant the new HMB-FA. Have you thought about using natural anabolics, and if so have you used any before (Alphamax/anabeta/-epi)?
im using -epi right now its great then anabeta and ara

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People using something for decades doesn't really matter. HMB isn't really worth it either.

I wouldn't really look to supps for support during over reaching, rather make sure you're using it correctly. What's your training looking like leading up to and after? Are you periodizing and adding this in?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
im using -epi right now its great then anabeta and ara
i would probably finish using those supps as they will help with overtraining in their own methods, except for ArA. -epi increases your workload capacity and as such makes it harder to achieve a state of over training.

What makes you think that you are overtraining and have you ever taken a look at AlphaMax xt(it can help with recovery) if you want to use supplements for overtraining?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CEL EPI-PLEX is a no prob blend of epicatechin. You know exactly how many mgs of epi you are getting. It's very cost effective as well.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
i would probably finish using those supps as they will help with overtraining in their own methods, except for ArA. -epi increases your workload capacity and as such makes it harder to achieve a state of over training.

What makes you think that you are overtraining and have you ever taken a look at AlphaMax xt(it can help with recovery) if you want to use supplements for overtraining?
Im not necessarily overtraining just only taking 1 day a week off and want to get the most balance with only 1 day off, alphamax xt is good but i only need TA and KSM from it which I already buy in bulk.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Im not necessarily overtraining just only taking 1 day a week off and want to get the most balance with only 1 day off, alphamax xt is good but i only need TA and KSM from it which I already buy in bulk.
in that case I would just take time between your gym bouts / break period as a deload period lol. I recently had to two weeks off due to being in a different place that had no gyms near it and just considered it a good reset / deload