Cortisol Control for Women?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey y'all, I have a question. Between the kids & my wife staying at home working, she's under a lot of stress. I told her that leads to increased cortisol, which then leads to increased weight...

I've seen a handful of cortisol control supps for men, but what's best for women? She's not a gym rat, but not sedentary either. Mostly jogs/walks around the subdivision with some light weights mixed in from time to time.

I remember reading that 1000mg of vitamin C immediately upon waking would help. I've also heard that Cissus can also help.

Anything else out there that she could use? Either pills or topicals?

Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha and tongkat ali are two good options. Both are adaptogens that have studies showing reductions in cortisol in men AND women. Ashwagandha can also reduce stress/anxiety, and improve cognition, and tongkat can improve mood and libido. Neither are things that are going to shut down cortisol (you don't want that), but are adaptogens that will bring it down to more ideal levels and promote more optimal hormone balance.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tonga Ali really? Any one else chime in on that as I am clueless on its use for females.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ashwagandha and tongkat ali are two good options. Both are adaptogens that have studies showing reductions in cortisol in men AND women. Ashwagandha can also reduce stress/anxiety, and improve cognition, and tongkat can improve mood and libido. Neither are things that are going to shut down cortisol (you don't want that), but are adaptogens that will bring it down to more ideal levels and promote more optimal hormone balance.
Thanks for the quick response! I'll look into those!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good read, maybe get for my wife for all the potential benefits. End of the day she is tired from work and 3 boys and then add me. Lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arimistane?
Definitely not my first choice for the situation given in OP. Remember, we're dealing with a woman who has elevated cortisol due to high levels of stress in life. That's basically the EXACT situation where tongkat ali and ashwagandha have been shown to reduce cortisol (and stress/anxiety), as well as improve mood. I'm also not saying that armistane is bad/dangerous, but I'd still rather use something that has thousands of years of traditional use (ashwagandha has been used for over 6000 years), as well as many studies showing safety and efficacy (ash and tongkat). They both also have other nice benefits besides simply reducing cortisol as well.

For the ashwagandha, Jarrow sells 300mg capsules of KSM-66 (5% withanolides HPLC). The research supported dose is 600mg/day, so 2 caps per day would work. It's less than $6 per month at this dose. Tongkat ali (standardized for eurycomanone; I'd aim for at least 2mg eurycomanone per day) is a bit more expensive than ashwagandha, but you should still be able to get a full dose of both of them for around or even under $20/month.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Hey y'all, I have a question. Between the kids & my wife staying at home working, she's under a lot of stress. I told her that leads to increased cortisol, which then leads to increased weight...

I've seen a handful of cortisol control supps for men, but what's best for women? She's not a gym rat, but not sedentary either. Mostly jogs/walks around the subdivision with some light weights mixed in from time to time.

I remember reading that 1000mg of vitamin C immediately upon waking would help. I've also heard that Cissus can also help.

Anything else out there that she could use? Either pills or topicals?

Thanks!
Invictus from Iron Legion would work very well for her that would be my first go to without a doubt.

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/iron-legion-invictus/

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Old lady won't put a td on for sure, only us few are that hard core

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards