Glycerol laxative or rehydration pill?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Long story short I'm trying to make weight and read that if I take glycerol rectally it is a laxative and I'm also reading that i should take it post weigh in to help rehydrate (oral liquid form). I'm so confused does it just do different things the way it is digested (orally vs rectally)? it worries me because it says it does the pretty exact opposite of what it does. Rehydrate or laxative.

Please help me. I weigh in tomorrow and lift on Saturday. I'm 203 and need to weigh 198 in the morning.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Just go sot in a sauna and sweat it out before weigh ins and then drink apot of water after weigh ins. You can look up ways to do it safely. 5 pounds isnt anything. I lost five pounds after an hour work out wearing a sauna suit.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any word on glycerol though? Anyone use it post weigh in?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, you wouldn't want to take a glycerol suppository post weigh in thats for damn sure.

And honestly, dont worry about anything fancy after weigh ins. Just rehydrate with water, salt, and carbs.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should be easy. I use to cut ten lbs in 3 days to make weight for wrestling. Back then I was 6ft weighing 135lbs and would cut to 125lbs.

Id stop eating and drinking water and go through 5 hour practices. It's a very unhealthy sport, but amazing how much the body can adapt. Plus wrestling makes you mentally tough enough to take on any situation in life.

I like weighing 175lbs+ these days much better.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glycerol (orally) post weigh in is fantastic. A couple tbsp per quart of water seems to work best for me. Be sure to get a pump between weigh in and competing so that you get some carbs and water back into your muscles. Nothing worse than your hard work rehydrating puffing up your hands, feet, and belly.