dextrose equivalence

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this is mentioned in l rea's chemical muscle enhancement book , supposed to be a carb powder(maltodextrin) , with glycemic index of 20 . called DE 20 . looked for it on the net , came up with a product called maltrin , if someone knows more about this , please give me some feedback .

dr.mattdogg

Awards
what exactly do u want to know? well i hear u can buy maltodextrin at walmart, but i could never find it at mine. just do some more searching i hear its pretty cheap too.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
just interested in buying this maltodextrin , supposed to be cheaper than food , and hell with a gi of 20 , i wud be downing 200-300 gms of this **** a day :) and have no problems at all for the rest of my life increasing my calorie count !

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last time I checked maltodextrin's GI was 137 on the white bread scale.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just interested in buying this maltodextrin , supposed to be cheaper than food , and hell with a gi of 20 , i wud be downing 200-300 gms of this **** a day :) and have no problems at all for the rest of my life increasing my calorie count !
Ray, I hope you are joking here. ;)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
whats going on here (ha) maltodexrine is a powder source man. with a GI index of around 120. its used for post workout along with dextrose man....if you're interested in getting it to mix your post workout drink, you can get 8 lbs for 20 bucks at supplementdirect. However, its not a whole food source and you wouldnt want to take it any other time of the day. Sage

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lol , hell no man , i'm an insulin user ! i know what all these powders are ! lol , i'm saying that l rea mentions this new thing on the market called dextrose equivalence 20 , with a glycemic index of 20 , lol , how drunk do u guys think i am !?:D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
(ha) true....thanx for the link buddy. Sage