Citrus Bergamot

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Citrus Bergamot

How come no one really talks about citrus bergamot? In terms of supplements to aid healthy in cholesterol levels, there aren't many things I would implement within myself or a clients protocol (citrus bergamot obviously being one I'd chose.) Citrus bergamot has statin like principles carrying the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaric acid (HMG) moiety. It has four flavonoids that essentially interfere with the natural synthesis of cholesterol in human body, by inhibiting the activity of the first enzyme in the cholesterol synthesis pathway (HMG-CoA reductase.) I would personally rather see someone experiment with citrus bergamot over taking prescription statins, ESPECIALLY since it not only aids in lower LDL levels but also raising HDL levels, lowering anxiety, improving arterial functioning, and improving cardiovascular health.

Hypocholesterolaemic activity of 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl flavanones enriched fraction from bergamot fruit (Citrus bergamia): ?In vivo? studies
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/np900096w
Bergamot (Citrus bergamia Risso) fruit extracts and identified components alter expression of interleukin 8 gene in cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cell lines | BMC Biochemistry | Full Text

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My coach swears by this stuff. Ive never taken it but if he says it, i believe it. Great post brother. As always

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't iForce Heart Help use this? Its like the TUDCA for the heart.

Never bothered cause my bloodwork is awesome, but it is something I have kept in the back of my mind

Rushie

Awards
Why not just eat more intelligently and improve cholesterol levels that way? That will do you more good than any supp.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Subbed for trying to expand my knowledge.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Why not just eat more intelligently and improve cholesterol levels that way? That will do you more good than any supp.
Why not improve your diet, while taking a healthy supplement to speed up the process of recovering healthy cholesterol levels?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why not improve your diet, while taking a healthy supplement to speed up the process of recovering healthy cholesterol levels?
Agreed. I can understand people like him posting stuff like that in the threads where people stupidly stack 4000 natural anabolics, but in a thread about health? Come on..

LEATHERFACE

Awards
Agreed. I can understand people like him posting stuff like that in the threads where people stupidly stack 4000 natural anabolics, but in a thread about health? Come on..
they feel special

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah, they're called supplements for a reason. They're intended to enhance an already on-point diet and training regimen, to achieve whatever goals you might have, be it general fitness and well-being, or bodybuilding. But they're still supplements regardless. You have to have the foundation first otherwise they're just a crutch.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, they're called supplements for a reason. They're intended to enhance an already on-point diet and training regimen, to achieve whatever goals you might have, be it general fitness and well-being, or bodybuilding. But they're still supplements regardless. You have to have the foundation first otherwise they're just a crutch.
Yeah man, why supplement with KSM-66? Just add in a twenty hour meditation routine, quit any job you have, and avoid people that bother you and you'll have lower stress.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah man, why supplement with KSM-66? Just add in a twenty hour meditation routine and you'll have lower stress.
Bro, why do you supplement with creatine? Why not just eat 5 pounds of beef every day?
:dance:

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Yeah man, why supplement with KSM-66? Just add in a twenty hour meditation routine, quit any job you have, and avoid people that bother you and you'll have lower stress.
+1!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro, why do you supplement with creatine? Why not just eat 5 pounds of beef every day?
:dance:
Alright...well anyways. iForce Heart Health uses this ingredient I believe, and it was logged a lot back then with great benefits.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Most people who will take something specilized like citrus bergamot already eat very clean diets. Especially in the context of this situation that should already be assumed.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
You have to be careful when taking this if you are on any meds susceptible to grapefruit juice effect. The flavanoids and furcomarins(sp) it contains induce the same effect.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Thanks for some kind words! No specific brand as I've tried a couple with various clients and always seen tremendous success!

As Bam already said, supplements are only there to aid us. Proper training and nutrition ARE obviously the main key factors but supplements are here to enhance the process or do something that some people's diets cannot afford.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for some kind words! No specific brand as I've tried a couple with various clients and always seen tremendous success!

As Bam already said, supplements are only there to aid us. Proper training and nutrition ARE obviously the main key factors but supplements are here to enhance the process or do something that some people's diets cannot afford.
Any particular dosages youve found work best?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Any particular dosages youve found work best?
1000mg twice a day has been a sweet spot for many it seems.

Keep in mind these are all higher level competitors utilizing ample amounts of PEDs but in general cholesterol numbers corrected themselves within 4-8 weeks depending on the person's metabolism of this ingredient

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1000mg twice a day has been a sweet spot for many it seems.

Keep in mind these are all higher level competitors utilizing ample amounts of PEDs but in general cholesterol numbers corrected themselves within 4-8 weeks depending on the person's metabolism of this ingredient
Thanks bro.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards

Rushie

Awards
Most people who will take something specilized like citrus bergamot already eat very clean diets. Especially in the context of this situation that should already be assumed.
Hence they do not need to supplement with it in the first place IMO. If your diet is on point, it is really rare to have cholesterol problems.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Hence they do not need to supplement with it in the first place IMO. If your diet is on point, it is really rare to have cholesterol problems.
Is life ever that clear cut? I had a friend who died at 34 of cancer, he worked out religiously, was single and had no stress, never smoked, and very seldom drank and he was the biggest diet/health nazi I knew. Not everything translates perfectly, not saying supplementing with anything will cure it, but aid in preventing diseases? For sure.. My grandma whos now passed due to age, had breast cancer several years ago and started taking multiple supplements with purported anti-cancer effects and she ended up beating cancer, both of these events could have been flukes, but as i said, nothing in life is that clear cut.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Is life ever that clear cut? I had a friend who died at 34 of cancer, he worked out religiously, was single and had no stress, never smoked, and very seldom drank and he was the biggest diet/health nazi I knew. Not everything translates perfectly, not saying supplementing with anything will cure it, but aid in preventing diseases? For sure.. My grandma whos now passed due to age, had breast cancer several years ago and started taking multiple supplements with purported anti-cancer effects and she ended up beating cancer, both of these events could have been flukes, but as i said, nothing in life is that clear cut.
BINGO!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Incorrect

This is bodybuilding. Many times other enhancements can lead to elevated cholesterol.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Citrus Bergamot caught my attention just recently after John Meadows had commented on it. Only thing I will say, before adding it in, would be wise to get a lipid panel done to know where your baseline is prior to starting supplementation with CB.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
the mevalonate pathway should not be interferred with period- too many downstream products that get removed-dolichol, ubiquinones, DNA repair products- actually the whole paradigm of cholesterol being pathological is now understood to be foolish and dangerous-

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Some also have a genetic predisposition to having cholesterol issues. So, regardless of diet, they may still have a proclivity to suffering from high cholesterol.

iForce heart help does have citrus b in it, to answer that question from a few posts back. However, it's been discontinued . If you can still find some, that would be an easy source.

Agree about getting lipids drawn to establish baseline levels if that hasn't been done already.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
NOW has a decent product with CB in it and Swanson has a solid CB product as well.

I do not have any after numbers yet but I do have before labs.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Citrus Bergamot caught my attention just recently after John Meadows had commented on it. Only thing I will say, before adding it in, would be wise to get a lipid panel done to know where your baseline is prior to starting supplementation with CB.
THIS!!!

I recommend everyone get baseline numbers for all bloodwork, glucose levels, etc in general.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If I remember correctly, I could be wrong,but when heart help came out I remember cooper saying that this was something that shouldn't be used for prevention but for someone who might need it if you already have an issue.