Protein question....

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is it ok to pre-mix whey the night before to drink the next day if I refrigerate it? Or will it mess it up?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah, man. It's no different than refrigerating any other form of protein overnight. It'll be a bit thicker in the morning and might taste a bit different (just personal experience) but effects will be the same.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep. All good in the hood

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do it all the time because I want to get protein in me as quick as I can in the mornings so I will pre mix a whey shake. Then when I wake up I can down it write away since I've been in a catabolic state all night. So no problem here.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using AnabolicMinds mobile app

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do it everynight when I get my lunch ready for work the next day.....I don't even drink the shake in the morning either

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always mix my protein only seconds before I drink it -- I HATE dealing with it when it's all thick lol.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I do whatever I need to do...sometimes I premake it..not my preference but efficacy is the same

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Premade is good to go,

Or just get a shaker with an extra cup attached to hold the whey in until you want to drink, then fresh mix it

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do this all the time

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Serious question: why do you need to mix it the night before? It takes 2s to make a protein shake haha.

Aware me AM people

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serious question: why do you need to mix it the night before? It takes 2s to make a protein shake haha.

Aware me AM people
For me personally, I mix it the night before because I need to use the vitamix to blend the protein with everything else in the shake (nuts, veggies, berries, etc). That thing is way too loud to use at 5 am. My wife would kill me if I woke her and my son up to use the blender.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
For me personally, I mix it the night before because I need to use the vitamix to blend the protein with everything else in the shake (nuts, veggies, berries, etc). That thing is way too loud to use at 5 am. My wife would kill me if I woke her and my son up to use the blender.
Lol happy wife, happy life. Smart man!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually blending stuff up makes more sense. I was definitely thinking 1-2 scoops of protein in a shaker cup and was wondering the same thing lol

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Of course you can it be fine

Just add little more liquid and it will have a lighter thickness stop using so little liquid problem solved :p

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Is it ok to pre-mix whey the night before to drink the next day if I refrigerate it? Or will it mess it up?
No problem at all with that. I HAVE TO SAY though that protein tastes SO MUCH BETTER IMO when you mix it and drink it pretty much directly after. If I'm in a rush I just throw a couple of scoops in a dry shaker bottle and when I wake up I just add water to it and down it. Tastes a ton better as leaving it overnight seems to mess with the flavor of most protein powders for some reason.

Go Vols!

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No problem at all with that. I HAVE TO SAY though that protein tastes SO MUCH BETTER IMO when you mix it and drink it pretty much directly after. If I'm in a rush I just throw a couple of scoops in a dry shaker bottle and when I wake up I just add water to it and down it. Tastes a ton better as leaving it overnight seems to mess with the flavor of most protein powders for some reason.

Go Vols!
GBO

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually blending stuff up makes more sense. I was definitely thinking 1-2 scoops of protein in a shaker cup and was wondering the same thing lol
Yeah, not sure if OP adds anything with the protein or not. If I wasn't, then I'd probably just wait to mix until I'm ready to drink it. I guess you could say mine are more meal replacements shakes with all the stuff I add (plus I hate most vegetables and it's a quick and easy way of getting some in my diet because the protein and nuts mask them).

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Aware me AM people
Have to agree with this fine young gent. For me, I put my almond milk in my shaker bottle and powder in a little tupperware container..this is my mid afternoon work pick me up.

For my morning shakes, I go to the other side of the house with my magic bullet and blend it up as not to wake my wife......

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
The protein molecules might dissolve giving you less protein lol jk it should be g2g.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oooohhhhh haha that makes sense lol

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Protein, have you guys seen there are a few companies now doing full disclosure protein labels?? This is such a great step in the right directions....Muscle-Elements, Pre Jym and a few others....kudos to them