supplements to aid and or speed up injury?

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Yes i recently strained my forearm to the point i know lifting at the moment is doing more harm than good. At first i tried to push though doing only pushing movements (tris/chest) and avoiding pulling movements. Its hard staying away from the gym but i realize im only compounding an injury. I was in the middle of a bottle of d-pol (purus labs) and was wondering if my natty test would help heal it more efficiently. Should i continue to take all of my supps while im on break and is there anything else anyone could recommend that would get me back in the gym a little sooner?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading something about BPC-157 for aiding and speeding recovery from injuries. Might want to look into that? Ive never used it and dont know anything about it but i saw something on here about it being awesome for injuries.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Flexatril from Scivation helped heal up and old SI Joint problem I had that prevented me from being able to deadlift and squat properly. I would give a look at it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Deload, shift to more lower body a while and let those forearms recover. If you have dedicated arm time, IMO drop it a while

Forearm pain is something a JOINT support is not necessarily designed for, some ingredients could be of minor help...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea sounds like you just a break to rest and recovery. joint supps and other support supps can only help prevent injury, they won't fix it. But in general joint support xt by sns, achilles, animal flex and orange triad are all good staples to include in your stack.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks guys, ill look into it. I have been back at it hard for 6 months since a break without much rest. I probably have been overtraining in the first place.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out Joint Support XT. Great new supplement by SNS.

It has ParActin in it which is amazing for joint, bone, and muscle health. Here is an except from SNS's write up:

Paractin® is a patented, standardized, clinically tested natural COX-2 inhibitor that has been shown to provide natural pain relief for minor joint pain, inflammation, discomfort, and stiffness. Consumer Health Digest has listed Paractin® as one of the top 10 natural pain relievers.*

Paractin® is a patented extract of Andrographis Paniculata, standardized to Andrographolide, 14-deoxyandrographolide and Neoandrographolide.
The benefits of Paractin® look to go beyond its benefits and a natural inflammatory and joint health aid.

Research studies on Paractin have indicated that Paractin may have potential benefits for improving memory and learning, boosting immune response, improving skeletal muscle strength and exercise performance and also reducing muscle damage. Research has also shown that Paractin® may be beneficial for bone health and osteoporosis as well as for helping reduce Rheumatoid Factor.*

Note: Many dietary supplements on the market mislead consumers by quoting research on an ingredient but then not including the dosage of the ingredient that was used in the studies or hiding the mg. of the ingredient in a proprietary blend. Joint Support XT contains a dosage of Paractin that has been used in studies and that is recommended by the patent holder for its joint support benefits.*

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd give joint help a look. Contains both paractin for immediate pain relief, very few otc products provide this aspect, and cissus for long term relief. The paractin allows relief after initial doses while cissus solidifies it. Tons and tons of great reviews all over.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
When you say "forearms", what are you talking about? The usual problem in that area are the *tendons* - ie. Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis (Golfer's and Tennis Elbow). If it's that, only BPC-157 is a given, maybe high dose Vitamin B5 (seems to help, but not eliminate), and physical therapy with a flexible rubber bar. Tendons are not Joints, so good luck with joint support formulas if you do indeed have one of the "elbows".

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What about Humanofort or youth tissue extract? They are suppose to have some connective tissue growth factors in it? Would it help?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What about Humanofort or youth tissue extract? They are suppose to have some connective tissue growth factors in it? Would it help?
Humanafort - IMO the original Bio-Gro from chickens is even worse. In the one study that they use to shill that stuff, the study itself said its the same as Citrulline, etc.. as far as cell expression. I posted the link somewhere on here.

Edit: Found it: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/278237-mind-muscle-supps.html#post5269342

Tireiron

Awards
How does one take and find BPC-157? Appreciate the amount of information those on the forum provide.

Tireiron

Awards
Darn, I knew you were going to say injectable. Would almost do anything to get rid of my tennis elbow. I even had surgery and still have problems. Thanks for the response!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Darn, I knew you were going to say injectable. Would almost do anything to get rid of my tennis elbow. I even had surgery and still have problems. Thanks for the response!
Did you read the article? It's a Gastric Peptide - so it looks like you can swallow it. 400mcg was the study dose. It comes in 5mg vials - no idea on how to draw 400mcg as I've not ventured into the needle arena yet. maybe someone else can help?

Tireiron

Awards
I just finished the article. It definitely appears to be something I need to look at further. I appreciate your help! :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did you read the article? It's a Gastric Peptide - so it looks like you can swallow it. 400mcg was the study dose. It comes in 5mg vials - no idea on how to draw 400mcg as I've not ventured into the needle arena yet. maybe someone else can help?
I would think you would have to reconstitute it with bac water (maybe it is different for oral administration.) Then take whatever dosage you want using an oral syringe to measure. Its a process but that stuff is shown to truely work and i have heard many success stories (by injection). As far as supps go, honestly rest will be the only thing bro. As others have mentioned some good ones for joints, but some things just need time.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I'm glad I finally got on here. All of you have been very helpful.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Keep it simple man, no reason to waste money on all these supps.

Get some anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen, naproxen), add in some fish oil, and take a break from anything that aggravates your forearm.

Add in more leg work like someone already suggested, so that way you're not sitting around doing nothing on the days you would normally be training upper body.

Doesn't even have to be weights. It's getting nice out, so add in a sprinting day or 2 outside.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Jxiixviii, I already have some omegas and I did calves and went for a run today. Thanks for the input. Makes sense.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Jxiixviii, I already have some omegas and I did calves and went for a run today. Thanks for the input. Makes sense.
Good deal man. Went out and did some sprints yesterday myself. Feels good to be training outside in the nice weather again.

sam805

Awards
Bpc 157 orally or sub q. Amazing healing powers. Cryotherapy is another avenue to look into.

sam805

Awards
Reconstitute w 2ml bac water. Each .1 on a 100unit syringe is 250mcg. U can drink, inject subq, or inject into injury. I choose to drink. Bpc is systemic and bioavailable. Try 500 mcg a day...

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
Throw in 400m of walking lunges 3-4 times a week until it gets better lunges are a huge to conditioning AND muscular legs. Underrated exercises