Just started back.Please tell me everything i need

Hawkwarrior

Awards
I am 6'2 280lbs pretty solid but I'm looking to get some strength . I just started back lifting again. What do I need to take to make my strength gains go thru the roof?

JG93

JG93

Awards
A routine, good diet, will power.
Goodluck! Hope that helps

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am 6'2 280lbs pretty solid but I'm looking to get some strength . I just started back lifting again. What do I need to take to make my strength gains go thru the roof?
If you are just getting back into lifting, especially after a prolonged hiatus, your 'strength' gains will skyrocket early on so I wouldn't bother adding in anything specific too early on.

Some programs worth considering are:

Madcows 5x5
Starting Strength
5/3/1 with the BBB or Periodization bible accessory work (not technically a beginner program given the slow progressions, but you could just increase the progression frequency).

Aside from that, getting some basic supplements might help keep you focused and potentially help that extra 5%:

-Creatine Monohydrate: We currently have a pretty good sale going at Nutraplanet where 1.2kg of Creatine is only $12.99
-Betaine Anhydrous: A nice addition to any routine - has human data showing a benefit to performance. Cheap as well at only $10.95 for a months supply.

Ergonine is also a good supplement that covers most of your bases for just slightly over $1 per day.

I do tend to love pre workouts as well as on the days I feel I am dragging my ***, they help kick me into gear.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Time and training will be the determining factor. The routines that Jiigzz mentioned are really good for novice-intermediate lifters (in terms of time not just strength).

A product such as CreMax Xt will provide a lot of the basic supplements such as creatine, betain anhydrous, and glutamine. It also contains glycerol for increased pumps and vascularity, amentoflavone to help boost strength, COP for the acute benefits and also taurine to aid in hydration and prevent cramping. Ontop of that an electrolyte complex was also added in to replenish any you might lose during sweating.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
These wonderful AM brothers already have you covered.
As you hopefully already knew, diet and training is the biggest thing.

Honestly no supplement will make "gains go through the roof"
If someone tells you that they will, welcome to the world of marketing ;)

That said this is a supplement heavy board of course, all of us are here because we believe in the products and trust me none of us are fans of spinning our wheels lol.
Nor are we fans of lightening our wallets (well, most of us...)

I will agree with Jiggz above, creatine is something that is strait up unquestionably worth the value, adding it into your routine will help.

I too wanted to suggest my standard first product suggestion now which is Ergonine.

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005157
(save with code: anabolic05)

I've linked you to the Nanaberry because that is a flavor experience everyone has to have ;)

For under $1/day you can be getting 9 of the best, most proven Ergogens around. Ergogens being things that improve physical performance.
Many of these also carry secondary benefits to body composition, with proven effectiveness in fat loss and in lean mass gain.
This would cover your need for creatine, as well.

1 scoop a day and you will be trying out many of the things we strait up know work

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Driven said it best^
No need to get too fancy with your supplements (although I'm guilty of splurging for the fun of it lol). Stick to the core supps, train hard, stay hydrated, and eat well.
You'll find everything you need at Lockout.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would just stick with some of your basics. CreMaxt XT is a nice addition for any goal. You get a full 5 grams of creatine and full 2.5 grams of TMG. TMG at that dose will increase performance output and recovery. Creatine is one of the most studied and proven supplements as well. CreMax XT can be looked at as your go to creatine product, but should also be viewed as an ergogenic aid for any lifter, new or seasoned.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established