Will Ketotifen help reset caffiene tolerance?

cutsandcurves

Awards
Pretty much the question in the title...

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That my friend comes from taking time off

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
How much time do you lot need to recover / be able to use moderate doses of caffeine and are more sensitive to its effects.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol no.. why do you think it would?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say a month. Depends entirely on your body and how stim tolerant you are.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For me, it is FAR FAR longer :(
I think it really took a while for the effects to really be the wow I wanted but for them to have any effect was a month.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Caffeine tolerance is a combination of:

Upregulation of adenosine receptors
Up regulation of the CYPs that metabolize caffeine

The latter can be addressed by inhibitors, but you're SOL with the former phenomenon

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Nope. It helps your body metabolise it faster, thus removing the effects after consuming caffeine.
It does nothing for tolerance.
The sooner all caffeine is metabolized out of your body, I would *think* the sooner the two things cooper listed could start occurring. I didn't mean to imply that you should just take RC and you'll be good to go, instant receptor reset. I've done one CAF break already and remember the miserable first week - I'm due for another in June and will use RC, so we'll see if it helps in any way.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

The latter can be addressed by inhibitors, but you're SOL with the former phenomenon
STOP LEAVING US

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
If you take time off of caffeine and supplement with an Adrenal Restore product, it shouldn't take an extremely long time. I think GAT has one. And a St. Louis company called 1stPhorm has one that is awesome.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
STOP LEAVING US
Life's been busy...but so good :)

If you take time off of caffeine and supplement with an Adrenal Restore product, it shouldn't take an extremely long time. I think GAT has one. And a St. Louis company called 1stPhorm has one that is awesome.
If you see above, caffeine tolerance is unrelated to adrenal hormone stores.

Caffeine -> adenosine receptor blockade -> (several steps) -> adrenergic receptor stimulation

In response to prolonged caffeine intake, the adenosine receptor upregulates and the adrenergic receptor downregulates (this last part is hypothesized in many papers but I've yet to seen it demonstrated unless I've missed a new study).

Regardless, there isn't a loss of adrenal hormone (NE/E) stores. The body can produce these hormones very rapidly, hence why when you exercise (or do any other "fight or flight" stuff), you don't turn into a burnt out, sleepy old man. These hormones are able virtually on demand at any time in healthy individuals.

So taking an adrenal restoration product, which usually contains something like pantothenic acid and bovine adrenals (both of which can theoretically help produce more adrenal hormones), won't affect the cause of the caffeine tolerance. Pregnenolone and rhodiola may ease the transition, but they're not resetting tolerance, they're just acting as mood boosters.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

WHERE IN THE BLUE F*€K HAVE YOU BEEN COOPER?????

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know it is VERY popular for people that use clen as it helps from building up a tolerance