Second cycle on Trimax

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    There has been some discussion regarding this and if it is needed. If you are shut down, do you want to taper, reducing the exogenous T3 levels, or keep taking it and then just stop. I'm not too sure myself. I taper, a bit sharper/rapid down than up, but taper just the same. Maybe someone with more TSH knowledge can chime in.


  2. From what I've read on these boards, I don't believe Trimax needs to be tapered down.

    Tapering up is useful to gauge your comfort level with it - but then when it comes time to end the cycle you can just end and start a PCT if desired.

    Based on personal use (and bloodwork posted by Supersoldier) I would use without tapering, then keep a close eye on your diet and workout for at least a few weeks as your thyroid bounces back on its own.

    BP
    •   
       


  3. So if you're tapering up to guage your comfort level and you already know what your comfort level is; there's really no point doing that again for the second cycle. Am I correct on this?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Elizzard
    So if you're tapering up to guage your comfort level and you already know what your comfort level is; there's really no point doing that again for the second cycle. Am I correct on this?
    I would taper up anyway. (I am right now) Your body could react diferently depending on the circumstances.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Are you lifting prior to cardio or is all of your cardio in the AM? If so, I would do some of your cardio after you lift.
    Hmm... whats the reason behind this?
    i always thought that cardio is better to do on off days or in the worse case, in the AM when trainin in the PM of the same days.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Hmm... whats the reason behind this?
    i always thought that cardio is better to do on off days or in the worse case, in the AM when trainin in the PM of the same days.
    Because you are already primed for fat loss after weight training. It will take less time for lipolisis to to fill the blood with FFAs to be burned as fuel.

    Provided you are doing low intensity cardio of course.

    I get the feeling you're a little cardio-fobic? Like ten minutes of cardio will strip 10lbs of gains off you or something.Hehehe

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Elizzard
    So if you're tapering up to guage your comfort level and you already know what your comfort level is; there's really no point doing that again for the second cycle. Am I correct on this?
    Second cycle I tapered up but for a shorter duration (4 days instead of 7).
    Did not taper down.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Because you are already primed for fat loss after weight training. It will take less time for lipolisis to to fill the blood with FFAs to be burned as fuel.

    Provided you are doing low intensity cardio of course.

    I get the feeling you're a little cardio-fobic? Like ten minutes of cardio will strip 10lbs of gains off you or something.Hehehe

    Correctamundo. Your muscles will call on glycogen for the expedient strength used during lifting. After depleting glycogen in your blood supply during lifts (and this is where you would want to use those supplies), your body will call on fat for fuel when you start doing cardio. As LO pointed out, you would want to do low impact cardio since the next best fuel source for explosive strength (IE: HIIT) would be muscle if your glycogen reserves have been previously utilized.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Correctamundo. Your muscles will call on glycogen for the expedient strength used during lifting. After depleting glycogen in your blood supply during lifts (and this is where you would want to use those supplies), your body will call on fat for fuel when you start doing cardio. As LO pointed out, you would want to do low impact cardio since the next best fuel source for explosive strength (IE: HIIT) would be muscle if your glycogen reserves have been previously utilized.
    Uhm... So, you would delay the post-workout nutrition after the cardio (how long? 20 or 30 mins?)... hmm
    We're going off topic, I think i should start a new thread... i'll HAVE to do cardio in my next recomp cycle. For now, I'm happy without
    Occasional walks are like low-intensity cardio, arent they?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    I get the feeling you're a little cardio-fobic? Like ten minutes of cardio will strip 10lbs of gains off you or something.Hehehe
    No, its just that I've never needed it. So I dont know a s*it about cardio
    The only thing I did are occasional walks (with light weights) to improve the overall body conditioning.

    But after the last 2 bulking cycles, now I know that i have to include it some way in my routine.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Uhm... So, you would delay the post-workout nutrition after the cardio (how long? 20 or 30 mins?)...
    Just have your PWO meal as soon as possible after cardio. A nifty little side effect of cardio is that it increases insulin sensitivity as much or more than strength training does.

  12. I'll never understand the recommendations of tapering down T3 or Trimax (tapering up makes sense so you can see how you'll react). One dose of either will elicit supraphysiological levels of T3 causing your thyroid to just sit back and relax. Only once any exogenous sources of thyroid hormone are gone from your system will your thyroid get back into action (homeostasis and all that). Best thing to do is keep low GI carbs high and do a lot of high intensity exercise post-cycle to kick-start your thyroid and minimize any rebound fat gain.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by BigP0ppa3
    then keep a close eye on your diet and workout for at least a few weeks as your thyroid bounces back on its own.BP
    Can you explain exactly what I would have to keep an eye on? Just make sure my diet continues to stay clean and stay with the cardio?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by KCPreki11
    Can you explain exactly what I would have to keep an eye on? Just make sure my diet continues to stay clean and stay with the cardio?
    Yes, keep it clean, but just because it's clean doesn't mean you can increase calories right away.

  15. I've taken t3 a number of times and never tapered. The faster you stop taking it, the faster your TSH will start up and in turn will get your thyroid going again quicker. If you taper down to say 25mcg, that is still enough to shut everything down.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mb27
    I've taken t3 a number of times and never tapered. The faster you stop taking it, the faster your TSH will start up and in turn will get your thyroid going again quicker. If you taper down to say 25mcg, that is still enough to shut everything down.
    Couldn't be more true, but people will, until the end of time, continue to ignore this obviously true statement and waste T3 on nearly worthless tapering down doses.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 7 weeks on Hdrol? second cycle
    By iamparenti in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:38 AM
  2. Advise On Second Cycle Please
    By CCV3 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. IN iraq and need advice on my second cycle
    By ARMYINFANTRY1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 02:34 PM
  5. second cycle gains on m1t
    By hogiejoe in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Log in
Log in