I gotta take a stim break......

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I took even a couple days break. So I know this sounds counter productive but what are some sups that will help me keep from being a zombie? Especially in the morning? I got a couple non stim pre workout to take. Thanks.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALCAR
Ashwaganda

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What non stim pre's do you have on hand?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also one more note....I'm about to start a Ostar/Alpha Stano run in a couple week and I've read where the Alpha Stano absorption additive can give a stim effect. Is this true and will this be giving me a true stim break.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Also one more note....I'm about to start a Ostar/Alpha Stano run in a couple week and I've read where the Alpha Stano absorption additive can give a stim effect. Is this true and will this be giving me a true stim break.
I get a great alpha feeling/aggression from epiandrosterone. It would be a great time to take a stim break while using the alpha stano! It's not a stimulant so I would say you're still getting a true stim break.
The feel you get from epiandro will make it a lot easier to stay away from your stimulant preworkouts and caffeine.
How are you dosing your stano? If you're taking 3 caps a day, you could take one in the morning to get a slight boost to replace that morning coffee or whatever stim you use to get moving for the day. Then take the other 2 caps pre workout

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I took even a couple days break. So I know this sounds counter productive but what are some sups that will help me keep from being a zombie? Especially in the morning? I got a couple non stim pre workout to take. Thanks.
You're probably going to feel like crap for a week or so, as the Caffeine clears. I felt run down/lethargic. You may want to taper down to zero over a week or two, instead of going cold turkey. You also may want to grab some Rutaecarpine to help.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Get some non caffinated coffee... the placebo effect does wonders

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cocoa has theobromine which is a stimulant, but much weaker and may help take the edge off. Cocoa in decaf coffee may be useful.

ALCAR, Phenylpiracetam (for the rough mornings only), and rhodiola also come to mind.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get some non caffinated coffee... the placebo effect does wonders
I'm more worried about my morning coffee than anything. I was hoping there would be a placebo effect to it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I cleared out all Caffeine and then switched to Decaf. I only use Caffeine pre-cardio or weights - no other time. Been great.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Decaf with a gram of alcar twice daily is good. Adrenosurge also has some nice noots/adaptogens that can help you as well.

If it's been that long and depending on how much you consume daily I would look cut it out progressively. If you want to go cold shoulder have the ibuprofen ready. After 4-5 days you should start to get adjust. It's also good to start the break when you're going to be busy doing something new or fun- can help take your mind off of it to an extent. I need one too :/ can't bring myself to do it

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I got this product NOS ETHER I take in the AM for its alertness effects. It has no caffeine, but ALC, tyrosine, vitamins, etc. Even if you don't use it, you need to find or use the ingredients in there (outside the ones in there for Nitric Oxide or creatine related).

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Decaf with a gram of alcar twice daily is good. Adrenosurge also has some nice noots/adaptogens that can help you as well.

If it's been that long and depending on how much you consume daily I would look cut it out progressively. If you want to go cold shoulder have the ibuprofen ready. After 4-5 days you should start to get adjust. It's also good to start the break when you're going to be busy doing something new or fun- can help take your mind off of it to an extent. I need one too :/ can't bring myself to do it
I actually thought about the Adrenosurge. I seems to get good reviews for those running it on a stim break. Could I run a bottle of it with my Ostar/Alpha Stano cycle?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I actually thought about the Adrenosurge. I seems to get good reviews for those running it on a stim break. Could I run a bottle of it with my Ostar/Alpha Stano cycle?
You could, I would run it in pct though

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Conqu3r UL non-stim provides some pretty solid focus and mental clarity. Taste leaves something to be desired though. Next batch will be better.

Other than that I'll second ALCAR.

Focus XT non-stim

Phenyl P - tolerance issue though

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Triumph and High Volume
Have not tried Triumph but HV is a great non stim pre. I'd go with that and see how it treats you

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you already have it figured out! I hate stim breaks but they work wonders. Make sure to drink a ton of water! Good luck man!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good thread. In....

ddubbs

ddubbs

Awards
Hit me up I'll send you some Beta-Lean and since im From Tennesee its the Least I Can Do :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Caffiene free focus xt and beta alanine are what I would go for. The ba tingles make me feel energetic and the focus xt gives me a nice little mood boost

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Caffiene free focus xt and beta alanine are what I would go for. The ba tingles make me feel energetic and the focus xt gives me a nice little mood boost
I take BA year around and I agree, the tingles give me a stim sensation.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also one more question...... I also use Vasoburn and was wondering if it would effect my stim break? I don't use it every day, just when I do cardio or an up tempo weight circuit.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find no reason to take a stim break honestly. Just cycle different products/ingredients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I find no reason to take a stim break honestly. Just cycle different products/ingredients.
Have you ever taken one? A month off is night and day. I've gone from taking 400mg c and 50mg e and falling asleep to having a headache after 150mg c alone.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Conqu3r UL non-stim provides some pretty solid focus and mental clarity. Taste leaves something to be desired though. Next batch will be better.

Other than that I'll second ALCAR.

Focus XT non-stim

Phenyl P - tolerance issue though
Great suggestions here. I'd also recommend the Adrenosurge as well.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever taken one? A month off is night and day. I've gone from taking 400mg c and 50mg e and falling asleep to having a headache after 150mg c alone.
Yeah I've taken 6 weeks off before. I don't consume massive amounts of stims so maybe I'm just different. Never really noticed a difference.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah I've taken 6 weeks off before. I don't consume massive amounts of stims so maybe I'm just different. Never really noticed a difference.
If you're not building up a tolerance then I totally agree, no reason to cycle off. If you're pushing 500mg of caff though and barely get out of bed... Time for a change ha

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Keep Supplementing with High Volume but invest in some Purple Wraath for the next month. 45 servings in the tub will last you long enough for your stim break and then once that is gone you will be ready to go again with a pre-workout that contains caffeine. Once that happens invest in some Alphamine.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
If you're not building up a tolerance then I totally agree, no reason to cycle off. If you're pushing 500mg of caff though and barely get out of bed... Time for a change ha
agreed there took 3 weeks off from 500 mg+ and 160 had me amped

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also one more question...... I also use Vasoburn and was wondering if it would effect my stim break? I don't use it every day, just when I do cardio or an up tempo weight circuit.
I really havent gotten beta stimulation or typical caffeine or yohmbine type effects.... it could be just fine fro down time for powerful oral stims.

-Matt

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bet those first three days after your break were amazing, how quick were you back smashing big amounts again? be honest :)

ddubbs

ddubbs

Awards
Wow ..Of Course Flex Lewis used to Train in Tennessee and Brandon Curry Still Does..We Are on The Map for Bodybuilding

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bet those first three days after your break were amazing, how quick were you back smashing big amounts again? be honest :)
actually I have never let it get that bad since then. I think I've been able to stay below 350-400mg c alone with breaks every 3-4 months or so. I was able to stay at much lower doses for a long time after so I felt like it was totally worth it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
actually I have never let it get that bad since then. I think I've been able to stay below 350-400mg c alone with breaks every 3-4 months or so. I was able to stay at much lower doses for a long time after so I felt like it was totally worth it.
I did the same - switched to Decaf (I drink ~32oz at Breakfast) and only crush up 300mg to add to E9/Tr1umph/Homebrew PrWO. No Caffeine at any other time except for any that might be in Cocoa.

Akagami

Awards
Ashwaganda
The most unmentioned yet most useful supplement maybe.

I have some of this stuff coming in a week or so and it will have been a couple years since I used it. Can't wait to try to gauge it again.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The most unmentioned yet most useful supplement maybe.

I have some of this stuff coming in a week or so and it will have been a couple years since I used it. Can't wait to try to gauge it again.
I love ashwagandha. I think that ash, as well as adaptogens in general, have been getting some well deserved attention around here lately.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffein free Focus XT ftw! I always take a 4-6 week stim break after my semester is done. ****s crazy when I start back up taking caffein, i love it.