Phosphatidic Acid (PA) Causing Acne

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I recently began using Tri1umph from Olympic Labs, and I have been noticing a significant increase in acne on my face. I know there are other factors that could be impacting this, but this is the only variable I've been able to narrow it down to.

Curious to know if anyone else experienced increased acne while using PA supplements. I've been using it for about a week so far.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used it for 8 weeks without any acne issues. Typically supps that are known to increase test may cause oilier skin and/acne, but PA is not a test booster.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I experienced oily skin and hair when I used lecithin granules. PA in pure form, havent tried yet

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I experienced oily skin and hair when I used lecithin granules. PA in pure form, havent tried yet
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'm not sure if its the PA by itself, or something else in Tr1umph that could be causing. I was hoping an OL rep could shed some light on the matter

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Welcome bro, I bet a rep will chime in real soon

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've been thru many runs with PA via SL and now with OL Tr1umph and no acne issues here.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd call this coincidence. I've tried many of the ingredients in Tr1umph, included Soy Lecithin granules themselves with no acne issues.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'd call this coincidence. I've tried many of the ingredients in Tr1umph, included Soy Lecithin granules themselves with no acne issues.
Good to know!

Thanks man. I appreciate the responses. Must just be coincidence or something else causing it

Amir

Amir

Awards
Well...um...research has(supposedly) uncovered the "mastermind molecule" behind acne.

Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTor) regulates all aspects of acne, including sebum production, cell growth and skin inflammation. It can read the levels of various hormones and nutrients and regulate cell growth and sebum production based on these signals.

PA activates mTor, as do a lot of things bodybuilders take, whey/dairy being a classic example.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I would assume that the extra oils from PA would be a contributing factor to this

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Well...um...research has(supposedly) uncovered the "mastermind molecule" behind acne.

Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTor) regulates all aspects of acne, including sebum production, cell growth and skin inflammation. It can read the levels of various hormones and nutrients and regulate cell growth and sebum production based on these signals.

PA activates mTor, as do a lot of things bodybuilders take, whey/dairy being a classic example.
Interesting, never heard that before. That would explain it then haha. Thanks man!

I would assume that the extra oils from PA would be a contributing factor to this
That was my guess too, I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered any issues with it. Thanks for the input brother

Demination

Demination

Awards

Thanks for this excellent piece of information! That really helps

Demination

Demination

Awards
Interesting, never heard that before. That would explain it then haha. Thanks man!

That was my guess too, I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered any issues with it. Thanks for the input brother

Tastes so good might just be worth it =P