AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ordered LCLT directly from AI Sprts during their Halloween sale. They had a hell of a promo plus a free mystery product. The mystery product I received was Glutamine. Is there a best time to dose it? Should I just add it in addition to my normal BCAA?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dose my Glutamine first thing in the morning and again intra/post workout.

If you don't already dosing post workout can help improve muscle recovery. I tend to dose heavier in the AM then intra/post due to the fact that my protein is already fortified with additional Glutamine. But 3-5g per dose is what I do.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
What type of glutamine are we talking about here? If its L-Glutamine which most likely it is. Then I would recommend dosing 20g-30g a day in divided dosages. Ive heard up to five times a day but aint nobody got time for that. When I use it I dose 10g PWO,Post, and before Bed.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually do 10g in my pwo or post workout shake.

Ameyer9

Awards
I'd take at LEAST 10g, and a couple times a day. Tbh, the only reason I ever take it is because of various free tubs.

That being said I take it for gut health only. Don't expect much else.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dose my Glutamine first thing in the morning and again intra/post workout.

If you don't already dosing post workout can help improve muscle recovery. I tend to dose heavier in the AM then intra/post due to the fact that my protein is already fortified with additional Glutamine. But 3-5g per dose is what I do.
Glutamine does not help with recovery.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are doing lactic acid type training, you will want to avoid it pre workout and dose it all post, as glutamine (as well as creatine) has an overall alkaline effect on the body (if you believe in that type of thing). Any other type of training, I would split the dose pre and intra or post. Another (more expensive) alternative is to replace your carbs with equal amount of glutamine. This use would be incorporated if you were trying to reset insulin sensitivity, as it would aid in glycogen replenishment without as drastic of an insulin spike.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
The cells in the intestinal lining get their first cut and possibly very little glutamine makes it to the blood. Now peptides don't have the same fate.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, at least about the intestinal lining getting the first cut.