BSL Flavoring

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking into buying some flavoring for my unflavored isolate and was wondering if the BSL flavor packs were any good. I'm sure someone around here has tried at least one of their flavor packs.

They have:
CHOCOLATE
VANILLA
STRAWBERRY
CHERRY & BERRY
GREEN APPLE
ULTRA ORANGE CREAM

The fruit flavors sound interesting, but I'm weary of fruit flavors. So what's up?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the ultra orange cream...wasn't that great. I ordered chocolate, but I think I got TP chocolate instead of BSL. It was pretty decent though.

I need to try more of them out.

Personally, I just put my unflavored isolate in Crystal Light, it does the job :D

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
BSL's chocolate is my favorite of any protein I've tried.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and peopel swear that having it premixed is better than buying flavor packs....

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and peopel swear that having it premixed is better than buying flavor packs....
I'm sure it would be. Thanks for reminding me about the crystal lite. I need to buy some next time I go to the store.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
bsl chocolate is sooo good. definitely give it a shot. it covers up my unflavored micellean very well

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I ordered WPI from True Protein with the BSL green apple. I don't know if it is the BSL or the TP, but the flavor is very mild...too mild. I wouldn't really reccommend it based on that one experience but everyone else says great things about it.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
I ordered WPI from True Protein with the BSL green apple. I don't know if it is the BSL or the TP, but the flavor is very mild...too mild. I wouldn't really reccommend it based on that one experience but everyone else says great things about it.
I'm with Beowulf the flavorings are too mild! I don't mind it, as it's a good quality powder. Even when I add extra of the BSL it's still not strong enough. If I add to much then there's a bit of a bitter taste to it. Ohh Almost forgot I've tried the Orange and the green apple not the others though.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
They have:
CHOCOLATE
VANILLA
STRAWBERRY
CHERRY & BERRY
GREEN APPLE
ULTRA ORANGE CREAM

The fruit flavors sound interesting, but I'm weary of fruit flavors. So what's up?

I've tried them all. The cherry and berry was too much like hard candy for my taste. The apple and Orange aren't bad but not the greatest IMO. Although, if you add the vanilla to the orange :thumbsup: it truly does taste like an orange/vanilla ice-cream cup.

Chocolate and vanilla are staples in my cupboard. If you blend your shakes they are "da bomb".

Strawberry tastes like Cap'n Crunch Berries. I also use this (although not as much) for smoothies. Just put it in with your vanilla protein and it will make a great strawberry smoothie.

Fruitropical was one of my favorites but I haven't seen it lately.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
I'm with Beowulf the flavorings are too mild! I don't mind it, as it's a good quality powder. Even when I add extra of the BSL it's still not strong enough. If I add to much then there's a bit of a bitter taste to it. Ohh Almost forgot I've tried the Orange and the green apple not the others though.
they're not mild, there is only mild inclusion rates.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Check it. Just bought some Lemonade Crystal Light. 12 oz of that mixed with one scoop of unflavored isolate and you got your very own generic Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade for a helluva lot cheaper. Tastes nearly the same if not better.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Check it. Just bought some Lemonade Crystal Light. 12 oz of that mixed with one scoop of unflavored isolate and you got your very own generic Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade for a helluva lot cheaper. Tastes nearly the same if not better.

That sounds like a great idea. I can't believe that no one has done this yet!! Good job :cheers:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks SJA, I saw that. I am fairly stocked now and just paid a bunch of bills. the prices look great. It is definitely tempting.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
That sounds like a great idea. I can't believe that no one has done this yet!! Good job :cheers:
A thank you. But it wasn't my idea. Just thought I'd spread the good word.

the prices look great. It is definitely tempting.
I agree, those are some badass prices. That 50 lbs of whey is mine once I get close to finishing off the 10 or so lbs I have now.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I thought I'd try another flavor of Crystal Light for variety so I got some peach tea. I wouldn't say it's better than the lemonade, but it certainly isn't all that bad either. I think it would be great If I had made the tea a little stronger (use less water), but all in all, it tastes pretty decent.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
So the people at True Protein are just being cheap? That sucks. I doubt I'll ever buy from them again.
I have no idea how much they use, I really don't. I had inferred that you just bought a flavor packet and were not adding enough to unflavored powder.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have no idea how much they use, I really don't. I had inferred that you just bought a flavor packet and were not adding enough to unflavored powder.
Well, I'll happily infer that TP simply do not add much flavouring to their protein which makes is taste like ****.

How's that? :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'll happily infer that TP simply do not add much flavouring to their protein which makes is taste like ****.

How's that? :D
Hey you crazy ass canadian, flavor is spelled flavor, not flavour. And since I'm on the subject, check is not spelled cheque you friggin weirdos.

But you're right, I got some flavor packs from TP and added them in to my unflavored isolate. Talk about disgusting. I tossed those little flavor packs away as fast as I got them.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
they're not mild, there is only mild inclusion rates.
I see what you were saying now! I just received my BSL flavor pack of Orange and must say, NOW I taste it and like it. The way it was flavored before was just weak. I put in a small little bit of the flavor system and it tastes good!