Nettle root extract

Quintin

Awards
The stinging nettle root supplement I bought has extract of stinging nettle root, as well as actual stinging nettle root. What's the difference? Is the extract purified, what do they take out of it to make the extract?

Quintin

Awards
vitacost.com/solaray-nettle-root-extract

You can see it has 300 mg root extract and 150 mg root

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The difference is that the extract is "standardized" for something(I put that in quotations because without knowing what it is standardized for, it doesn't really mean anything), and the root is literally just 150mg of the plant root dried and ground down and thrown into a pill(completely useless IMO).

When using nettle root, I'd suggest looking for something that is standardized specifically for 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran. Testabolan by iForce is a great option, and user reviews on it are absolutely stellar. In addition to the full dose of the 3,4 you also get a full daily dose of ALCAR, which is one of my favorite ingredients.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
the product you bought is what they call a full spectrum extract, one that includes a complementary blend of the extract and raw root powder so that all the constituents present in the plant are included, as intended in nature. standardization removes the fibre and irrelevant stuff, although over extraction could also remove beneficial chemicals, in theory. so thats why they throw in some whole root powder. the product is a good one, albeit underdosed

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
The difference is that the extract is "standardized" for something(I put that in quotations because without knowing what it is standardized for, it doesn't really mean anything), and the root is literally just 150mg of the plant root dried and ground down and thrown into a pill(completely useless IMO).

When using nettle root, I'd suggest looking for something that is standardized specifically for 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran. Testabolan by iForce is a great option, and user reviews on it are absolutely stellar. In addition to the full dose of the 3,4 you also get a full daily dose of ALCAR, which is one of my favorite ingredients.
Very good explanation.

And I happen to like Testabolan v2. Had good results with it on two separate runs.