Himilaya: Abama (Increases HDL, Lowers LDL)? Mod Size?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
This is something I could use, after messing up my lipid panel. I wondered what you guys thought about it... Another Himilaya Earthly product... but is it legit?

http://www.himalaya-proselect.com/products/abana.html

Description : "Abana regulates serum lipids by lowering the cholesterol, triglyceride, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) levels, and restores the cardioprotective high-density lipoprotein (HDL) level. Abana also reduces platelet aggregation. Moreover, Abana reduces the sensitivity of the heart to adrenergic stimulation. Abana improves the contractility of the heart by exerting a positive inotropic action. Thus Abana produces cardioprotection. COMPOSITION: Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Ashvagandha (Withania somnifera), Badranj boya (Nepeta hindostana), Dashamoola, Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba Syn. E.prostrata), Yashti-madhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Guggulu (Balsamodendron mukul Syn. Commiphora wightii) (Purified), Shilajeet (Purified), Mandukaparani (Centella asiatica), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis Syn. C.microphyllus), Vishnu priya (Ocimum sanctum Syn. O.tenuiflorum), Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi), Pippali (Piper longum), Yawani (Carum copticum Syn. Trachyspermum ammi), Sunthi (Zingiber officinale), Nagapashana bhasma, Shankh bhasma, Makardhwaj, Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticum), Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus), Chandana (Santalum album), Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), Shatapushpa (Foeniculum vulgare), Satapatrika (Rosa damascena Syn. R.centifolia), Tavak patra (Cinnamomum cassia), Abhrak bhasma, Mukta pishti (Pearl pishti), Akik pishti (Agate pishti), Yeshab pishti (Vyomashma pishti), Yakut pishti (Manikya pishti), Praval pishti (Coral pishti), Kumkuma (Crocus sativus). "
Size / Unit : 60 Tab

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I see it contains Guggul - to help cardio profile.

size

Awards
  • Established
Not familiar with much of those ingredients. I do know that this brand is liked by many in the "natural" medicine area.

I know you are concerned about cholesterol levels. Have you started using policonasol?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I have not began policonasol, should I pick some up?
It would be safe to take if I am already taking Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10 - it's just Plant Waxes right?

Description: Policosanol is a blend of compounds isolated from natural plant waxes. Policosanol contains several long chain fatty alcohols, including octacosanol, hexacosanol and triacontanol. Animal and in-vitro research has shown that these compounds may support the cardiovascular system and inhibit lipid peroxidation as well as support macrophage activity.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
You should definitely pick up some policosanol. There aren't any contraindications with RYR and coQ10 that I've ever seen. Sesathin might also help regulate your lipid profiles so if you can afford that I'd throw it in too.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
You should definitely pick up some policosanol. There aren't any contraindications with RYR and coQ10 that I've ever seen. Sesathin might also help regulate your lipid profiles so if you can afford that I'd throw it in too.
will do.

size

Awards
  • Established
Take the policosanol. Oddly, most of the research promoting the benefits of policosanol is out of Cuba. However, it is a very affordable supplement and definitely worth trying.

Effects of policosanol and lovastatin on lipid profile and lipid peroxidation in patients with dyslipidemia associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Castano G, Menendez R, Mas R, Amor A, Fernandez JL, Gonzalez RL, Lezcay M, Alvarez E.
Medical Surgical Research Center, Havana City, Cuba.

In this pilot, randomized, double-blind study, we compared the effects of policosanol and lovastatin on lipid profile and lipid peroxidation in patients with dyslipidemia and type 2 diabetes mellitus. After 4 weeks on a cholesterol-lowering diet, 36 patients were randomized to policosanol (10 mg/day) or lovastatin (20 mg/day) tablets o.i.d. for 8 weeks. Policosanol significantly (p < 0.001) lowered serum low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (LDL-C) (29.9%), total cholesterol (21.1%), triglycerides (13.6%) and the LDL-C/high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) (36.7%) and total cholesterol/HDL-C (28.9%) ratios and significantly (p < 0.01) increased HDL-C (12.5%). Lovastatin significantly (p < 0.001) lowered LDL-C (25%), total cholesterol (18%), triglycerides (10.9%) and the LDL-C/HDL-C (30.4%) and total cholesterol/HDL-C ratios (23.9%) and significantly (p < 0.01) raised HDL-C (8.3%). Policosanol was more effective (p < 0.05) than lovastatin in reducing both ratios and in increasing (p < 0.05) HDL-C. Policosanol, but not lovastatin, significantly raised the lag time (20.9%) of Cu+2-induced LDL peroxidation and total plasma antioxidant activity (24.2%) (p < 0.05). Both policosanol and lovastatin significantly decreased the propagation rate (41.9% and 41.6% respectively, p < 0.001), maximal diene production (8.3% and 5.7%) and plasma levels of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (9.7% and 11.5%, p < 0.001). Both treatments were well tolerated. Only one patient in the lovastatin group withdrew from the trial due to adverse events. In conclusion, policosanol and lovastatin administered short term to patients with dyslipidemia secondary to type 2 diabetes were effective in lowering cholesterol and in inhibiting the extent of lipid peroxidation. Policosanol (10 mg/day) was slightly more effective than lovastatin (20 mg/day) in reducing the LDL-C/HDL-C and total cholesterol/HDL-C ratios, in increasing HDL-C levels and in preventing LDL oxidation. Nevertheless, since this was a pilot study, further clinical studies performed in larger sample sizes of diabetic patients are needed for definitive conclusions.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thank you size, I picked some up today. Very cheap. 10mg a day it is.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Use 20 mg a day, get some niacin and garlic too.

PIOTREK

PIOTREK

Awards
Just curious CEDeoudes, will you do another SD cycle in the future? If so, what will you do differently?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Not go over 3weeks, ummm... And it will be stacked at the End of a TEST cycle to solidify gains. So I won't be using Superdrol for its gain neccessarily.

something like this:
1-13 Test
1-12 EQ
1-4 Dbol
13-15 Superdrol

i've kind of graduated the 3 week short cycle thing, but i'll help you out with yours if you like.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Coincidently I ran a 3 week SD cycle at the tail end of a 1-T/4AD trans cycle and lipid profile was fine shortly thereafter. I had a blood test as part of the yearly check up probably about 5-6 weeks after, about 1.5 weeks after PCT(Nolva) and HDL was 43 and LDL 121.

I was running the following throughout taken daily:
RYR 1.2g
Hawthorne 3g
policosanol 10mg
NAC 1.2g
Fish oil 3g
Krala 600mg
coQ10 100mg

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Coincidently I ran a 3 week SD cycle at the tail end of a 1-T/4AD trans cycle and lipid profile was fine shortly thereafter. I had a blood test as part of the yearly check up probably about 5-6 weeks after, about 1.5 weeks after PCT(Nolva) and HDL was 43 and LDL 121.

I was running the following throughout taken daily:
RYR 1.2g
Hawthorne 3g
policosanol 10mg
NAC 1.2g
Fish oil 3g
Krala 600mg
coQ10 100mg

Good list! and numbers too
I must be eatting 450mg of COQ10 a day.