It's been awhile for me...protein bars.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thinking about buying some as dieting is getting inconvenient with my schedule. What is everyone's favorite bars (in regards of a good balance of taste/good macros/good ingredients). Most seem similar, but I haven't been keeping up with the bar market. I've only tried Chef Irvine FitCrunch Bars (the 400 calorie ones) and Quest Bars.

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
Promax peanut butter brittle is good so are the combat ones there's several of them that are tastey.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Snickers for me.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
Fitcrunch, Combat Crunch, Fit Elite, B-Up, The Lion's Choice, D's Naturals, ONE Bar, Muscletech Mission 1 (new) <- all solid options. Quest pre-corn fiber as well (haven't tried a new version I liked)

Awards
  • Established
Quest bars rock, Excited to try the new mission1 bars too. Most of the time I make my own bars with protein powder, though.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Oh Yeah! Victory / One bars are good, Detour Simple bars are good, haven't tried the new mission1 bars yet

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fit crunch and fit crunch elite, Oh YEAH ONE, and combat crunch, larrys cookies, met-rx protein plus

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Controlled Labs is supposedly coming out with some.
Correct, although the date has been pushed back about 100 times already

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm gonna start making my own again.

But I use Quest from time to time. The Apple Pie is my favorite out of all I've tried (surprised myself by that).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems like most of the bars have similar macros, I guess it's time to taste test!

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna start making my own again.

But I use Quest from time to time. The Apple Pie is my favorite out of all I've tried (surprised myself by that).
Apple Pie is also my favorite flavor... although I have not tried the corn fiber Apple Pie version yet. So far every one I have tried has been MUCH worse than the original

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meadows is dropping a bar in roughly 2 weeks I believe.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Detour Simple
Quest (the original formula, apparently the new formulas gives a lot of people GI distress. I haven't tried the new formula personally)
MuscleTech Mission 1 Bars look promising, I have some heading my way, check my log out in the next week or two for a reiew
Oh Yeah Victory Bars
NuGo Stronger Bars
Promax Pro Series and Low Sugar Bars

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Pure protein bars

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
Quest has seemed to go down on my list. The combat bars are pretty good, but more expensive than Quest.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Quest Bars are the ****. I wish I was Merican because I could buy that stuff that quest uses in their bars. It like unicorn nectar. Super tasty and almost all fiber.

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
Went off quest ones when I started having MP Combat Crunch. Heaps better IMO, there's not enough texture in most of the quest ones

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
New quest bars make me bloated and gassy all damn day

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Just tried B-Up bars for the first time today. Quest still GOAT. #HatersGonnaHate

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And they literally just dropped two days ago
Haven't had a chance to try his exclusive flavor yet but they've had the originals and apple pie at my gym for awhile, they are pretty good and quite different from others on the market.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't had a chance to try his exclusive flavor yet but they've had the originals and apple pie at my gym for awhile, they are pretty good and quite different from others on the market.
And they're actually made with real food that needs to be refrigerated.

I'm hoping to be one of the lucky golden ticket winners.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And they're actually made with real food that needs to be refrigerated.

I'm hoping to be one of the lucky golden ticket winners.
Ya we keep them in a fridge with all the drinks haha

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some. I have high hopes for them.
I tried the Sugar Cookie and CCCD. Sugar Cookie was ok, but CCCD can't touch Quest imo. Don't know about the rest.

I will say, they are very very soft though. Not chewy like the Victory bars, just soft and easy to eat.

Last edited:
alland

alland

Awards
New Mission1 Bars from MuscleTech are pretty good. No sugar alcohols and sweetened with Stevia. I like quest...not a fan of combat bars

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quest used to be great when they first came out. No sugar alcohols was one of their big selling points. Now it seems they sold themselves out.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
New Mission1 Bars from MuscleTech are pretty good. No sugar alcohols and sweetened with Stevia. I like quest...not a fan of combat bars
I need to try those, FitElite and OhYeah ONE bars. Combat Crunch B-Day cake is also one I hope makes its way up north.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to try those, FitElite and OhYeah ONE bars. Combat Crunch B-Day cake is also one I hope makes its way up north.
I have some coming my way. I'm reviewing them for MT. Check my log over the next few weeks. I'll post the review in there and maybe make a thread in this section.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I absolutely love FitCrunch bars (cookie dough is my favorite) and the FitElite bars. Quest tastes so nasty to me. I hate stevia.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I have some coming my way. I'm reviewing them for MT. Check my log over the next few weeks. I'll post the review in there and maybe make a thread in this section.
Will do. I heard they are good but apparently IMO does spike insulin quite a bit which is why Quest moved away from them, so I don't mind bars moving away from that if that is true.

I absolutely hate fit crunch bars. They taste like a mouthful of chalk.
Yeah I really don't understand the hype. I tried them all, twice, and didn't like them at all. They have so much **** in them too, they remind me of the old protein bar days(with a million garbage ingredients in the bar) and why Quest was such a breath of fresh air moving away from all that. They also give me big time GI distress.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you do not enjoy Fit Crunch bars, seriously, something wrong with you.