Gonna give HMB a try

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HMB is something that I've never really given much thought to. I decided I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm probably gonna use around 5 g ed with creatine monohydrate. I'm gonna try to give it a full 8 weeks since this stack is pretty cheap. Any thoughts/recommendations/experiences?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
if its anything like half the supps I have tried, it will suck

EXSSguru

Awards
HMB is something that I've never really given much thought to. I decided I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm probably gonna use around 5 g ed with creatine monohydrate. I'm gonna try to give it a full 8 weeks since this stack is pretty cheap. Any thoughts/recommendations/experiences?
I used HMB for about a month last summer, and although it has been bashed in the past, I actually really liked my experience with it. My recovery was much better and my strength increased. The only thing that has kept me from using it more often was the price.

Good luck with it bro and if you're intent on running it at 5g ed, i'm sure you're going to like your results.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if its anything like half the supps I have tried, it will suck

Haha - I feel you. I havent really used any supps in a long time so I'm gonna give this a shot. Like you I've used enough supps to know by now not to get my hopes too high. But like I said, its cheap, so WTF

size

Awards
  • Established
HMB is a good supplement that has been over looked by many. It will not give you the gains that Bill Phillips claimed but it does work.
Just a warning, if you buy the powder it has a very odd and not good taste.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just a warning, if you buy the powder it has a very odd and not good taste.
Thank you for the heads up. Yes, I bought the powder.

EXSSguru- its really not that expensive when you buy the powder in bulk.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
does it feel like Deca?
:p

I think Bobo said he found it useful, so that should say a lot. If I'm incorrect about this, I apologize. (I'll probably get banned.)

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how it goes. Please report your findings! Thanks.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
My opinion on HMB is it DOES work.

But not to bulk with I was dosing at 3 Gs before workout for about 6 weeks and it gave me a little boost in strength helped with recovery.

I think it is a very effective anticatabolic tool if trying to cut.

I dropped 5 pounds and kept the same LBM while on it.

It is best saved for use to help preserve muscle during a cut IMO.