Alternative Allergy Supps

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

Alternative Allergy Supps

Anybody know of any alternative allergy supplements, such as herbs or anything else? Man do I hate allergies!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.1%

Quote Originally Posted by fightercowboy
    Anybody know of any alternative allergy supplements, such as herbs or anything else? Man do I hate allergies!
    Try Nettle....awesome for allergies.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

Have you seen that anywhere to buy in bulk powder?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.1%

Quote Originally Posted by fightercowboy
    Have you seen that anywhere to buy in bulk powder?
    No, just capsules. They can be found pretty much anywhere....online, GNC, Target, etc....
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.24%

whats wrong w/claritine or benedryl? I hear local made honey can help
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.1%

He's looking for alternative solutions. I take Alavert-D which works just fine about 11 months out of the year, but right now when everything is blooming, it's nowhere near enough. Fortunately for me, it will be over in a couple of weeks. Also, some people react adversly to antihistamines...I've found out over the years that 5mg/day is perfect, but if I were to use 10mg/day I would break out in a rash.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

I am looking for an alternative, because I am currently taking ephedra hcl and was worried about how it would react with some of the normal allergy meds. My main problem right now is the sneezing. Its out of control in the mornings. Thanks for the input fellas!
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.56%

Ephedra wont have any interactions with antihistamines. Unless they have pseudophedrine in them, such as the claritin D and other "D" products. Just try plain claritin or generic loratidine, it works great.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree w/ the earlier recommendation about stinging nettle - it works. Make sure you get the nettle leaves - that is what is used for allergy. Nettle root, on the other hand, is used for prostrate and (possibly) to increase testosterone.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

LONG BUT READ IF YOU WANT RELIEF....

I have really bad allergies since I was 12 or so. I've done allergy shots, Allegra, Claritin, pretty much everything and I've gotten immune to them and seem to suffer worse with each passing year...especially in Spring.

Last year I used QBC by NOW which has Quercitin, bromelain and vitamin C alongside the Claritin I was already using. I got some relief from this but still had some pretty harsh symptoms...but it got me to thinking.

This year I ordered up some bulk Quercitin, boswellia, nettle root, licorice root and bromelain along with Magnesium asporotate...basically anything listed as an anti-allergy or anti-inflammatory. I mixed it all and capped it but at least 50% of the mixture is quercitin. I take with an Emergen-C several times a day.

This mix does help quite a bit but on heavy pollen days I still had a lot of symptoms. This mix is also GREAT for relief from minor aches and pains. Made my joints feel better and helped me sleep well. However, it was not enough for total relief.

I have found the missing ingredient to make ALL of my symptoms go away and I found out about it by accident. Serendipity if you will.

I have been using injectible vitamin B-12 for a month or two and my allergies have slowly come to a halt even though my driveway is literally yellow with pine, juniper and mulberry pollen. I should be in total misery but I feel fantastic!

At first I thought it was the mix I made up but then I forgot to take it for several days and still had no symptoms. I then read in a book called Alternative Medicine that some natruopaths use b12 injections with orally administered magnesium to call down the immune system and rid people of severe allergies. I was stunned and am delighted to have finally found a healthy cure.

I have not taken an antihistamine/Claritin in a week or two and I hardly take the herbal mix at all except maybe once in a while for soreness. Let me stress that normally, at this time of year I would unwilling to even go outside because my allergies used to be so painfully bad.

This is the best spring/early summer I've had in over 15 years. I'm sold on B-12 for life.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.98%

I'll second the b12, haven't had watery eyes since my 3rd injection
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

where's a good place to get the b12?
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%

IBE nutrition has human grade for about $20. If you shoot 1000 mcg every other day it will last 2 months.

I've been getting by with 200-500 mcg every other day and have been doing fine. Went hiking through the willows, cottonwoods and alders today that were all pollinating. Sneezed maybe 3-4 times the whole day. No burning eyes, next to no runny nose. Awesome.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

From what I've been reading it has an effect on your metabolic rate as well. Have you noticed anything from those doses? This would be great for me then as I am on a cut now too. What size pins are u using?
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%

Just a standard slin pin works fine...it's water based. Pinning it ed or eod really has given a lot of energy and maybe leaned me out a little..without me trying very hard.

There are the sublingual b12 tabs as well that supposedly work as well. I haven't tried those.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Just a standard slin pin works fine...it's water based. Pinning it ed or eod really has given a lot of energy and maybe leaned me out a little..without me trying very hard.

There are the sublingual b12 tabs as well that supposedly work as well. I haven't tried those.
    Great news bioman...I'm the same way. In fact, for a couple weeks now, as soon as I get up in the morning, I get TOTALLY naseus(sp) and have to seriously dry heave for almost an hour at times to get all that flem and drainage up and out of my sinus's. I think somehow when I sleep or whatever my sinus's drain down and I must swallow all that crap. It then gets in my stomach and BAM, I feel like total crap and dry heaving is part of my morning ****/shower/shave regimen. It's ridiculous....

I'm going to try the b-12 injects as I've been wanting to for some time now anyways for nutrition purposes. BTW, the only sublingual B-12 supp that's ever served "some" benefit was GNC's liquid-sublingual B-12. I noticed some benefits from it, but not too much....just a heads up...
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.8%

yeah my allergies are killing me this spring, i just did my first b12 injection at around 800mcg. think i'll do that for the next week and than every other day until the first frost.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%

Good luck and let us know how it pans out.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.63%

I'm definitely going to see if I can get my hands on some B12 then.

I will 2nd the raw local honey post. I've had great success with certain raw (unpastorized) honey that was made LOCALLY. I think the theory is something about small parts of the pollen you're allergic to is in the honey, and your immune system builds up against that.

It's also not a quick fix, as you should ideally be eating the honey 2 months before the allergy season - but better late then never.

It never 100% cured me (hence why I'm going to look into B12), but it made a much better improvement for me than any OTC drug I tried.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

Green Tea Extract 3 caps a day can help

It works for me

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alternating fat burners w/ energy supps? eg. amp
    By sjfou in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 09:51 PM
  2. supps ive tried