Soy Lecithin and PA some questions

MassMonster76

Awards
I have a few questions about this topic. I have looked through the other posts but I can't seem to find an answer to all my questions sorry if there is any repeated ones

1. C an you use sunflower lecithin instead of soy lecithin

2. I thought soy raises estrogen so how could this be beneficial

3. I heard that much of the soy lecithin is made from GMO soybeans and is not good for you

4.What brands do you find the best and what personal protocols have the more experienced found useful

5. What kind of effects did you find and how long did it take to kick in

6. Anyone notice a major difference from using a PA product from a sup company versus using the granules

thanks again in advance you guys are so amazing

MassMonster76

Awards
here is something I found on soy beans

Ninety-three percent of American soy is GMO and most of the soy we consume is in its unfermented state. This highly processed soy has been linked to numerous conditions including thyroid damage and hormone disruption thanks to its large quantities of estrogen-like compounds called phytoestrogens. As for soybean oil, up to 80 percent of the oil we consume today is soybean oil.

It's highly processed and heavily hydrogenated and found in a vast majority of products on supermarket shelves. And don't think choosing organic soy makes you any safer... as some so-called "organic" soy farms have been found to be fraudulent... passing off the GMO-product for the real thing. It's best to avoid soybean oil completely.

Nyrin

Awards
Give the forum search a shot and search for "lecithin" -- this is probably the 2nd-most discussed topic after "what's the best preworkout," and all the questions are dealt with. The short summary:

1. Yes but the dose is different
  2. Overstated in general and applicable to SL
  3. There's nothing bad for you about GMOs
  4. Fearn, etc. are good choices; lots of logs for protocols but 2 tbsp. after and especially before workouts is a good starting point
  5. "Kicks in" immediately, results will become evident in the typical timeframe
  6. Much lower doses necessary with PA products, otherwise all a product of proper dosing/standardization in the granules

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I have a few questions about this topic. I have looked through the other posts but I can't seem to find an answer to all my questions sorry if there is any repeated ones

1. C an you use sunflower lecithin instead of soy lecithin

2. I thought soy raises estrogen so how could this be beneficial

3. I heard that much of the soy lecithin is made from GMO soybeans and is not good for you

4.What brands do you find the best and what personal protocols have the more experienced found useful

5. What kind of effects did you find and how long did it take to kick in

6. Anyone notice a major difference from using a PA product from a sup company versus using the granules

thanks again in advance you guys are so amazing
Read up on the phosphatidic acid threads bud.

1. Possibly but if you don't have an allergy to soy granuals I'd stick with tried and true as we know the amt of PA in soy granuals is standardized and works.

2. Soy granuals do NOT contain the phytoestrogens found in other soy products, so no worries there.

3. I'm not about to get into a GMO argument on here. If you don't want GMO try to find a non GMO product. imo, its not going to kill you to take GMO soy granuals and there are probably much better things to worry about.

4. Fearn is #1 imo, followed by Optima. Dose 1/2 pre and 1/2 post workout. Do not go less than 4 tbsp total, but you can go up to 6 tbsp.

5. Pump and muscle fullness as well as a gain of 0.8 - 2lbs seen in less than 10 days. Nitrogen retention and muscle fullness at 2 weeks. Ongoing fullness and endurance from then on.

6. Some pill forms are underdosed.

JONimal

JONimal

Awards
  • Established
bringing up a dead thread but how do i take it... put into a shake? can i just spoon it?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bringing up a dead thread but how do i take it... put into a shake? can i just spoon it?
I'd just shoot it PWO and wash it down with water. I'd imagine post you could throw it in a shake. If you use a preworkout, could probably mix it in there. I have no idea how it mixes as I've never attempted to mix it. But I'd do 2 tbsp before and two after workout.