are all caffeine pills created equally?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to purchase caffeine pills and wondered if are all caffeine pills created equally? Is there a particular brand that most get? Or should I just find the lowest price?

Thanks

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know that they are all the same, but they are probably pretty close. I usually buy a bunch of Prolab brand pills...anything from a reputable brand should be good. Others may know more.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to purchase caffeine pills and wondered if are all caffeine pills created equally? Is there a particular brand that most get? Or should I just find the lowest price?

Thanks
Most of what you'll find is going to be plain old Caffeine Anhydrous or 1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine. It is all basically the same, BUT you may run into "extended release" caffeine pills.

There are two types of extended release:

1. Caffeine is included in a pill that itself dissolves slowly only allowing for a little caffiene to be released for metabolism at a time.

OR

2. It contains Dicaffeine Malate...which basically just takes a little more metabolizing to break down into straight caffeine.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
just remember if you go with dicaffeine malate (which you would more than likely have to order online) it's only about 75% caffeine by weight so just adjust your dose accordingly. I personally don't care for it either way. I have never had issues with straight caffeine and don't notice a difference in terms of "sides" or benefits when i use the two combined.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Very useful information posted above. And ya I don't see why anybody would make fake or under dosed caffeine pills...they are extremely cheap to make.

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
Walmart sells "Jet Alert" brand. 100x 200mg caffeine pills for $3.50. They've worked great for my 6am workouts as well as when I cut and stacked them with yohimbine HCL.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
just remember if you go with dicaffeine malate (which you would more than likely have to order online) it's only about 75% caffeine by weight so just adjust your dose accordingly. I personally don't care for it either way. I have never had issues with straight caffeine and don't notice a difference in terms of "sides" or benefits when i use the two combined.
Good catch with the caffeine di-malate boss. Forgot to mention it was only 75% caffeine.

I'm not a huge fan of it either myself. Personally I'll take xxxmg of normal caffeine pre, and sip on the rest of my dose with my intra. That way I avoid the jittery feeling of dosing too much all at once.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for your replies. I agree...lots of good info. Kaged Muscles has PURCAF. What is PURCAF? An organic certified, 90% pure caffeine extract derived from water extracted green coffee beans for unpolluted plant-based energy. Is this just another fancy term for caffeine?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you all for your replies. I agree...lots of good info. Kaged Muscles has PURCAF. What is PURCAF? An organic certified, 90% pure caffeine extract derived from water extracted green coffee beans for unpolluted plant-based energy. Is this just another fancy term for caffeine?
I may be wrong, but I believe the scientific term for this is "gimmick".

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, just buy from a reputable company. Like others have said, highly unlikely someone would underdose or fake something so cheap, but for pennies difference, why not be safe than sorry and go with a company you know and trust (unless you're in a pinch and need to snag some at the local store).

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the replies.

CallItKarma

CallItKarma

Awards
For what it's worth I just returned a bottle of SNS 501 Series Caffeine on Amazon. I tried taking as much as 800 mgs at a time and it didn't do ANYTHING. I didn't think twice about the purchase because it was a great deal, and they seem to have a good rep around the forums. When I read the reviews though, it became evident that I'm apparently not the only person who's had this experience. Just my two cents!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For what it's worth I just returned a bottle of SNS 501 Series Caffeine on Amazon. I tried taking as much as 800 mgs at a time and it didn't do ANYTHING. I didn't think twice about the purchase because it was a great deal, and they seem to have a good rep around the forums. When I read the reviews though, it became evident that I'm apparently not the only person who's had this experience. Just my two cents!
Hey man, would you mind PMing me the details of this? We take quality very seriously and I will look into this further.

Edit: Saw the reviews, have passed these through. Thanks for bringing my attention to it!

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Buy caffeine citrate and cap it yourself. I've never had the crash like I've had with all the caffeine pills I've tried

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Once again thanks all for your replies. I ended up getting Caffeine 100mg and Theanine 200mg Capsules from powder city. I really like how smoothly I can feel the energy. I'll use this for my EC stack.