bcaa

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is the current opinion? Balanced diet not necessary? Beneficial for fasted workouts? Curious, can't really remember if I noticed anything. Please post thoughts, thank you.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
With sufficient protein intake it's not overly necessary

It may be of use if there are large time gaps before meals or if you train fasted

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Driven outlined it nicely, no matter what the scenario. Pre training if fasted and meals 4-6 hours apart. PCT, cycle, or not.
With sufficient protein intake it's not overly necessary

It may be of use if there are large time gaps before meals or if you train fasted
Agree with these

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

Cooper also wrote this to those who sip on BCAA's all day which is not beneficial

Don't fall for the "it's a great replacement for sugary drinks" argument. BCAAs are 6 calories per gram, and when sipped in an all day fashion, contribute heavily to both an insulin response and gluconeogenesis. Sipping on BCAA’s takes away from MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) as levels never get a chance to reach refractory stages before being spike dagain The net effect is increased insulin and blood sugar. So when you sip on BCAAs instead of sugary drinks...you replace blood sugar and insulin with blood sugar and insulin.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BCAA's

What is the current opinion? Balanced diet not necessary? Beneficial for fasted workouts? Curious, can't really remember if I noticed anything. Please post thoughts, thank you.
I don't really notice much when taking them but when i'm on a cut I love them because it helps me with my cravings. It's also something to sip on while working out. And I take them close to meals because it does help with absorption of nutrients.