BCAA mega-dose experiment results - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

BCAA mega-dose experiment results

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    No I mean 52 inches is impossible. How do you come up with 52? Am I measuring wrong or something?

****. You measure all the way around don't you.
    52 impossible? what do you mean?

2. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I have. Gave me stomach problems. I found bracekting free form amino's and bracketing HMB worked better than BCAA's.
    Bobo do you mind me asking what HMB you've had success with? I must admit I've never really thought about using it so I've never really done any reading on it.
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Used bulk HMB.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Sorry to hear about your stomach problems. That ain't no fun. Good to see someone else who likes HMB. I have a kilo of it, but haven't used HMB in about a year.
    No fun for many people

HMB works really well in conjunction with CEE. I've been saying its good for years now.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. "He's not human!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    No fun for many people

HMB works really well in conjunction with CEE. I've been saying its good for years now.
    I just started taking CEE (for the 2nd time) this Monday. Maybe I'll break into my HMB.

For the shoulder measurement, I just measure all the way around my shoulders (front to back). I use the myotape, so I just fully unwind it, get inside circle, and push the button to tighten it around my shoulders.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    I just started taking CEE (for the 2nd time) this Monday. Maybe I'll break into my HMB.

For the shoulder measurement, I just measure all the way around my shoulders (front to back). I use the myotape, so I just fully unwind it, get inside circle, and push the button to tighten it around my shoulders.
    Yeah, my dumbass realized this shortly after I asked the question. Thanks.
  7. New Member

UI aggreee with the beast,that if you´re at ur traininglimit,with yearlong stremnous routine a tiny little bit can make a huge difference.

It´s only you need to buy a lot of certain supps to make them work nbut they do work at least for some and if used properly they cost as much or more than a steroid-cacle and need more compliance in taking them severyl times a day at a self-measured dose,but on the other hand they have little to no sides and really help a lot.
  8. Board Supporter

Derek so you are using Xtend AND Neurostim both preworkout?
  9. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    Oh so very true! I can say without a doubt that I'm more knowledgable than the majority of people who train in my gym (or any gym in this area for that matter), but for whatever reason, I just don't properly apply my knowledge to myself. My biggest thing is constantly overreachng/training. Instead of taking it slow and steady with solid gains in both strength AND musculature, I tend to get too into it and want it all now. I end up getting big strength gains quickly then go straight into overtraining and have to take time off. Then wash and repeat. It's a vicious cycle that wouldn't be a problem if ego didn't come into play. I think my biggest problem, and many people's problem, is that there just isn't enough patience and proper pacing to get the job done right. I think that is probably one of Derek's keys to success (just gussing here). He paces himself properly (how close is this to the truth?). Remember, slow and steady wins the race. If only I could now adopt that motto.
    wow..i thought i was the only one. this is me now.

But on the note of genetics agreed it plays a big part, but I personally don't have the best genetics in the fat storing department. Both sides of my family are overweight and have trouble mainting a decent weight.

In highschool i was fat...5'6" 210 at least 25% bf..I started lifting hard at 17, and by the time i was 20-21, I was 175 @5.5% bf....all natrual at that point....I think someone said this above and i kinda agree...a lot of people use "ph/aas" to try and offset their laziness..and I have turned into one of those people....only now am i starting to turn the tables.

I dunno if I can ever get it to where i am keep charts like that though..lol. that is impressive.
  10. "He's not human!"

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    Derek so you are using Xtend AND Neurostim both preworkout?
    Yes, but I take my NeuroStim (+GXR ) 15 mins before my Xtend and other junk.
  11. Pityin' fools since '81

hey derek; not to instigate and slightly OT; but what happened to that thermogenic test you had up a week ago?
  12. Board Supporter

how about that

A dose-finding study on the effects of branch chain amino acids on surrogate markers of brain dopamine function.

Gijsman HJ, Scarna A, Harmer CJ, McTavish SB, Odontiadis J, Cowen PJ, Goodwin GM.

University of Oxford, Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK.

RATIONALE: We have previously shown in healthy volunteers that an amino acid mixture lacking tyrosine and phenylalanine reduces tyrosine availability to the brain and produces cognitive and neuroendocrine effects consistent with reduced dopamine function. This could provide a potential nutritional approach to disorders such as mania and schizophrenia, which are characterised by overactivity of dopamine pathways. The amino acid mixture we tested previously is unpalatable, whereas mixtures containing only branch chain amino acids can be made more palatable. However, the effects of such mixtures on dopamine function in humans have not been studied. OBJECTIVE: To assess the tolerability of different doses of branch chain amino acids and to measure their effects on neuroendocrine and cognitive measures sensitive to changes in dopamine function. METHODS: We used a randomised, double-blind, cross-over design in 12 healthy volunteers to assess the effect of single oral doses of 10 g, 30 g and 60 g branch chain amino acids on plasma prolactin and a test of spatial recognition memory RESULTS: The branch chain amino acids were well tolerated. The availability of tyrosine for brain catecholamine synthesis decreased in a dose-related manner. As hypothesised, the drink increased both the plasma prolactin and the latency to respond on the spatial recognition memory task. CONCLUSIONS: A drink containing branch chain amino acids is well tolerated in healthy volunteers and produces effects consistent with lowered dopamine function.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chasec
    hey derek; not to instigate and slightly OT; but what happened to that thermogenic test you had up a week ago?
    I was thinking the same thing.
  14. New Member

I have. Gave me stomach problems. I found bracekting free form amino's and bracketing HMB worked better than BCAA's.
    BoBo how much of each were you taking pre and post workout?
  15. Get big or die trying

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I'm guessing it had something to do w/board sponsorship and competition.
  16. "He's not human!"

I assume the testing thread was deleted because PrimaForce is not a sponsor. I was not sure if the testing was allowed or not when I posted it, so it is understandable that it was deleted.
  17. Pityin' fools since '81

cool; if you still want a tester i can PM you details and post a log here and over at avant for everyone to read. there's nothing prohibiting somebody from giving a product a fair trial.

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA timing, dosing, results.....
    By Jmuls in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
  2. mega dosing bcaa's/eaa's? purple wraath?
    By charger71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 01:23 AM
  3. BCAA Mega-dose
    By dr ozz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 08:34 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
  5. Superdrol/BCAA mega-dosing
    By deftone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9