BCAA mega-dose experiment results

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    Lets not get confused here. Just b/c some is knowledgeable about something doesn't mean they correctly apply that knowledge to their own life.
    Oh so very true! I can say without a doubt that I'm more knowledgable than the majority of people who train in my gym (or any gym in this area for that matter), but for whatever reason, I just don't properly apply my knowledge to myself. My biggest thing is constantly overreachng/training. Instead of taking it slow and steady with solid gains in both strength AND musculature, I tend to get too into it and want it all now. I end up getting big strength gains quickly then go straight into overtraining and have to take time off. Then wash and repeat. It's a vicious cycle that wouldn't be a problem if ego didn't come into play. I think my biggest problem, and many people's problem, is that there just isn't enough patience and proper pacing to get the job done right. I think that is probably one of Derek's keys to success (just gussing here). He paces himself properly (how close is this to the truth?). Remember, slow and steady wins the race. If only I could now adopt that motto.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-


  2. This is the earliest "bodybuilding" pic I have. I was 16 at the time with 1-1.5 years of training under my belt and a summer of working construction (Notice the tan and nice tan line )

    I weighed 145 pounds in that pic. Beginning that fall is when I truly became obsessed and lived bodybuilding 24/7. How many kids do you know at age 16 who would carry around a gallon jug of water at school and bust out tuna in the middle of a high school class? I haven't missed a workout in the past 5 years. I have been following a strict diet for the same 5 years. I have been reading up on human physiology for the past 5 years and began studying exercise physiology at college about 3 years ago. But you know what? I would probably be exactly where I am today no matter what I did because I have such great genetics...

    No matter how much of a role genetics play in bodybuilding, I see no point in being so caught up in the it since there is nothing one can do to change their genetic makeup. Of course you can "override" your genetics by taking drugs. You don't see me coming on here and saying, "You only look like that because you just got done with a 8-week cycle." or **** like that.

    Instead of worrying about others 'genetics', time would be better spend improving your own program.

    Derek
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    This is the earliest "bodybuilding" pic I have. I was 16 at the time with 1-1.5 years of training under my belt and a summer of working construction (Notice the tan and nice tan line )

    I weighed 145 pounds in that pic. Beginning that fall is when I truly became obsessed and lived bodybuilding 24/7. How many kids do you know at age 16 who would carry around a gallon jug of water at school and bust out tuna in the middle of a high school class? I haven't missed a workout in the past 5 years. I have been following a strict diet for the same 5 years. I have been reading up on human physiology for the past 5 years and began studying exercise physiology at college about 3 years ago. But you know what? I would probably be exactly where I am today no matter what I did because I have such great genetics...

    No matter how much of a role genetics play in bodybuilding, I see no point in being so caught up in the it since there is nothing one can do to change their genetic makeup. Of course you can "override" your genetics by taking drugs. You don't see me coming on here and saying, "You only look like that because you just got done with a 8-week cycle." or **** like that.

    Instead of worrying about others 'genetics', time would be better spend improving your own program.

    Derek
    Good post Derek.

    Come along way.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast

    Instead of worrying about others 'genetics', time would be better spend improving your own program.

    Derek
    That's some advice that many people need to heed.
    I think one major reason why so many people are hung up on genetics right now is because so many of them have used PH/PS to fill in for their own lack of discipline. Suddenly, they are no longer "natural", they've given in to the darkside and yet still, many of them can't compare to your physique. The only option left for them to excuse their own missing discipline is, "...those damn genetics..." blah blah. I know because I was one of them once.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    But you know what? I would probably be exactly where I am today no matter what I did because I have such great genetics...
    It's about ****ing time you admitted it Derek. Now we can all go back to being fat, weak, and undisciplined in peace.


    J/K

    While my physique is nowhere near where I want it to be, I am far beyond the level of development of just about everyone I know. I've been hated on more than my share of times and it is definitely annoying. People refuse to accept the power of hard work and discipline. They would rather make excuses.

  6. No one is making excuses, we're just pointing out facts. The average person cannot attain a natural physique like dereks at his age due to genetics. With time, maybe a decade, it might be possible. Without androgens and other drugs you are very limited with what you can do with bodyrecomposition in a limited amount of time.

    Now, no one is saying it wasn't achieved with hard work and discipline, but to completely dismiss genetics is beyond stupidity. Derek has great genetics, great motivation, and it shows.

    I have not seen one supplement in which he wrote a log for that he did not respond favorably to. He totally ignored my question about that as well. This reason, the fact that it was conducted in such a short duration, and that the accuracy of measurements are within the margin of error all call into question his results on "BCAA's". BCAA supplementation could have contributed, it could have been training and discipline, it could have been anything or nothing. To me, BCAA's are worthless unless your kcals are sub 1000 and the studies show this. The only effect is that you will get hit in the wallet.

    So inconclustion...
    1) They taste like ass.
    2) They're expensive as hell
    3) The benefits over whey supplementation, which contains 4g of BCAA usually, are questionable at best.
    4) Derek's log does not prove much.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    Lets not get confused here. Just b/c some is knowledgeable about something doesn't mean they correctly apply that knowledge to their own life....
    Just like myself and diet I have people I give advicet to that are "wowed" by gains or losses (in fat) that they made. But, I don't bother to apply that information to myself...for a few reasons. One of which, is laziness, but not the most predominant reason.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by James007
    The average person cannot attain a natural physique like dereks at his age due to genetics
    I disagree, I have seen "average" people achive tremendous results in 6 years. Derek has been training since 15 and he is 21 and has completely transformed his physique, Bobo also had a very remarkable transformation in 6 years too and he didn't look like he had much help in the genetics department.

    BTW, how would you define an "average" person ? because that's pretty subjective.

  9. DEREK: How long have you been hitting each bodypart twice a week ? Is this the way you've always been training or do just use this for variation ?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    DEREK: How long have you been hitting each bodypart twice a week ? Is this the way you've always been training or do just use this for variation ?
    I have been training like this for about the past 2 years. I have found that I grow much better training with greater frequency and not to failure.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by James007
    No one is making excuses, we're just pointing out facts. The average person cannot attain a natural physique like dereks at his age due to genetics. With time, maybe a decade, it might be possible. Without androgens and other drugs you are very limited with what you can do with bodyrecomposition in a limited amount of time.

    Now, no one is saying it wasn't achieved with hard work and discipline, but to completely dismiss genetics is beyond stupidity. Derek has great genetics, great motivation, and it shows.

    I have not seen one supplement in which he wrote a log for that he did not respond favorably to. He totally ignored my question about that as well. This reason, the fact that it was conducted in such a short duration, and that the accuracy of measurements are within the margin of error all call into question his results on "BCAA's". BCAA supplementation could have contributed, it could have been training and discipline, it could have been anything or nothing. To me, BCAA's are worthless unless your kcals are sub 1000 and the studies show this. The only effect is that you will get hit in the wallet.

    So inconclustion...
    1) They taste like ass.
    2) They're expensive as hell
    3) The benefits over whey supplementation, which contains 4g of BCAA usually, are questionable at best.
    4) Derek's log does not prove much.
    Thanks for the compliments.
    Considering I took my weight, bf%, and girth measurements at the same time/day each week, under the same circumstances, I think they are accurate. Now if you want to buy me a more accurate DEXA machine for my home I will happily use it to track my progress. But until then I shall continue to use calipers.

    Just curious, have you ever tried taking a high-dose of BCAA for an extended period of time before?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast

    Just curious, have you ever tried taking a high-dose of BCAA for an extended period of time before?

    I have. Gave me stomach problems. I found bracekting free form amino's and bracketing HMB worked better than BCAA's.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I have. Gave me stomach problems. I found bracekting free form amino's and bracketing HMB worked better than BCAA's.
    Can you elaborate?

  14. Elaborate on what?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Elaborate on what?
    You said that bracketing EAA's and HMB worked better than using BCAA's. How so? Can you share with us how it effected you in a better way. I'm not sure what you mean by bracketing either.

  16. They worked better as in I get very nice results without spitting out mud on the toilet.

    Bracketing as in pre and post workout.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I have. Gave me stomach problems. I found bracekting free form amino's and bracketing HMB worked better than BCAA's.
    Sorry to hear about your stomach problems. That ain't no fun. Good to see someone else who likes HMB. I have a kilo of it, but haven't used HMB in about a year.

  18. Hey Derek, how are you measuring your shoulders (your spreadsheet says 52)? I thought you measured from the widest part of the shoulder at the sides, right above where the upper arm begins. Am I missing something here?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Hey Derek, how are you measuring your shoulders (your spreadsheet says 52)? I thought you measured from the widest part of the shoulder at the sides, right above where the upper arm begins. Am I missing something here?
    I was thinking the same thing. He looks much more broad than having only a 52" shoulder girth.

  20. No I mean 52 inches is impossible. How do you come up with 52? Am I measuring wrong or something?

    ****. You measure all the way around don't you.
    Last edited by natedogg; 04-13-2005 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Had a brainfart...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    No I mean 52 inches is impossible. How do you come up with 52? Am I measuring wrong or something?

    ****. You measure all the way around don't you.
    52 impossible? what do you mean?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I have. Gave me stomach problems. I found bracekting free form amino's and bracketing HMB worked better than BCAA's.
    Bobo do you mind me asking what HMB you've had success with? I must admit I've never really thought about using it so I've never really done any reading on it.

  23. Used bulk HMB.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Sorry to hear about your stomach problems. That ain't no fun. Good to see someone else who likes HMB. I have a kilo of it, but haven't used HMB in about a year.
    No fun for many people

    HMB works really well in conjunction with CEE. I've been saying its good for years now.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    No fun for many people

    HMB works really well in conjunction with CEE. I've been saying its good for years now.
    I just started taking CEE (for the 2nd time) this Monday. Maybe I'll break into my HMB.

    For the shoulder measurement, I just measure all the way around my shoulders (front to back). I use the myotape, so I just fully unwind it, get inside circle, and push the button to tighten it around my shoulders.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    I just started taking CEE (for the 2nd time) this Monday. Maybe I'll break into my HMB.

    For the shoulder measurement, I just measure all the way around my shoulders (front to back). I use the myotape, so I just fully unwind it, get inside circle, and push the button to tighten it around my shoulders.
    Yeah, my dumbass realized this shortly after I asked the question. Thanks.

  27. UI aggreee with the beast,that if you´re at ur traininglimit,with yearlong stremnous routine a tiny little bit can make a huge difference.

    It´s only you need to buy a lot of certain supps to make them work nbut they do work at least for some and if used properly they cost as much or more than a steroid-cacle and need more compliance in taking them severyl times a day at a self-measured dose,but on the other hand they have little to no sides and really help a lot.

  28. Derek so you are using Xtend AND Neurostim both preworkout?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    Oh so very true! I can say without a doubt that I'm more knowledgable than the majority of people who train in my gym (or any gym in this area for that matter), but for whatever reason, I just don't properly apply my knowledge to myself. My biggest thing is constantly overreachng/training. Instead of taking it slow and steady with solid gains in both strength AND musculature, I tend to get too into it and want it all now. I end up getting big strength gains quickly then go straight into overtraining and have to take time off. Then wash and repeat. It's a vicious cycle that wouldn't be a problem if ego didn't come into play. I think my biggest problem, and many people's problem, is that there just isn't enough patience and proper pacing to get the job done right. I think that is probably one of Derek's keys to success (just gussing here). He paces himself properly (how close is this to the truth?). Remember, slow and steady wins the race. If only I could now adopt that motto.
    wow..i thought i was the only one. this is me now.

    But on the note of genetics agreed it plays a big part, but I personally don't have the best genetics in the fat storing department. Both sides of my family are overweight and have trouble mainting a decent weight.

    In highschool i was fat...5'6" 210 at least 25% bf..I started lifting hard at 17, and by the time i was 20-21, I was 175 @5.5% bf....all natrual at that point....I think someone said this above and i kinda agree...a lot of people use "ph/aas" to try and offset their laziness..and I have turned into one of those people....only now am i starting to turn the tables.

    I dunno if I can ever get it to where i am keep charts like that though..lol. that is impressive.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    Derek so you are using Xtend AND Neurostim both preworkout?
    Yes, but I take my NeuroStim (+GXR ) 15 mins before my Xtend and other junk.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BCAA timing, dosing, results.....
    By Jmuls in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
  2. mega dosing bcaa's/eaa's? purple wraath?
    By charger71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 02:23 AM
  3. BCAA Mega-dose
    By dr ozz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 09:34 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 12:46 PM
  5. Superdrol/BCAA mega-dosing
    By deftone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Log in
Log in